Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

sweaty insomnia after quitting cannabis..

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Non, Jan 21, 2009.

see how easy it is to misuse some terms...

no addiction, no withdrawal...

2. #82 MrTea, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2013
    Your opinion. I'm not arguing semantics with you. :)

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Withdrawal syndrome can occur without addiction, Einstein. Caffeine has a withdrawal syndrome too and you don't have to be "addicted" to it to experience it. It's an absolute fact that cannabis withdrawal has mild insomnia and decreased appetite associated with it. Not in my head....fact. Understand the difference?

4. See how easy it is to not know what you're talking about?

5. @[member="cball"]

Marijuana IS addictive.  When you drink alcohol to the point where you get drunk, have you ever woken up in the middle of the night unable to fall asleep?  You are experiencing IMMEDIATE withdrawal symptoms due to the fact that alcohol runs through your veins and does not absorb into your fat cells.  The alcohol is in and out of your system in such a short amount of the time, the withdrawal symptoms are much more severe.  Now, when you smoke marijuana, it gets absorbed into your fat cells.  Because it takes so long for the drug to exit your body completely, you are experiencing milder withdrawal symptoms over a more extended a period of time.  This is why it has been common knowledge that those of us who are very skinny, and have fewer fat cells always experience withdrawal symptoms more so than obese people, because we detox at a much faster rate.  

Your "opinion" is pathetic.  Use some scientific knowledge next time maybe

6. I'm almost sorry I bothered now, I should have lurked longer b4 posting and I might have realised what it would be like. This is more like a spelling flame war for trolls. I knew the thread was old, but there was a recent post that google had shown me while searching for help with an unpleasant physical sensation. I wsn't trying to revive an old and largely irrelevant side discussion about definitions.

Thanks NorKalOG and Mr Tea, you get my point I think.

Depite this semantical debate it is clear that there some physical manifestations that do occur, psychosomatic or not, and that they are occurring for some but not all people who have long term habits.
    Cball (is that you Clinton from NZ?), you need not reply to this post mate (can you pm me if it is), we know where you stand and as I say, I envy you and am aiming to be more like you but your advice 'it is in your mind' has not helped me/us.

Moving on...
    Testing shows that small alcoholic drink does seem to help the GI problems and helps to wash food down once you get it in your mouth and chewed up. Not keen on that approach at breakfast though. I am just drinking the milk-based breakfast drinks to ease my stomach into action in the mornings, with a multi-vit too if that actually does anything.
    Oddly, so does a hot shower, but of course that can leave you sweating afterwards just from that without any drug effects doing it. I seem to get a lot of relief from standing under the hot water and then by turning slowly colder I have had success in reducing the sweating effect a bit. It does come back about 15 mins later but if really tired that might be enough to fall asleep before it hits and you might just stay asleep!

The sweating comes in bouts on the days when it hits, my only solution so far is to try to sleep with socks to absorb it off my feet, and put towels in bed on the sheets and pillow to try increase the time it takes before they get soaked and need changing. If it happens during the work day I am fortunate enough that I can usually run off and hide from sight while dripping or just hunker down behind my desk where it doesn't get seen. My genetic heritage has 'blessed' me with prolific sweat glands on my face and scalp unfortunately, so it can be very obvious when it hits in public and is embarrassing.
    Has anyone tried 'Eradicane' by any chance? It looks like it reduces blushing and sweating by ... zip it please cbell ... reducing physiological effects of stress and anxiety. But to guote some random I found:
    "I have some doubts about this product. This is why:
    There is no address listed on the website, just a P.O box number.
    I couldn't find any information about Premier Bioceuticals LLC.
    Last, I tried to see who registered the website. It's registered through a company ( Domains by Proxy) that offers private registrations( hidding the name, address etc of the registrant). If this is such a great company with a great product, why are they trying to hide their identity?"

My shields are up now cbell, I guess you wont be able to resist having another poke at me.

7. I wonder if I have made this worse for myself, reading this made me stop and think. For the last 4-5 years (about when these symptoms started to be noticed) I have been trying to lose weight. I was 112kg and starting to spread across the belly. When I realised one day that I had trouble seeing my lower body without leaning forwards I decided to make a change so I bought a spinner bike and have been spending 20 mins 3 x week with my heart rate up at ~145. I am now (very) slowly reducing weight sitting at 99kg, so I have liberated 13kg (28lb) of fat that may have been storing goodness knows what. And now there is less to soak up new stuff too.

If that is contributing to my grief then I will have to suffer - my new weight is better for me and I have less ankle and knee pain from an old injury. I intend to go down to 95kgs over the next 18 months. Very slowly I know, but I'm trying to do the whole lifestyle thing not a 'diet' or anything so it might not pile back on after a particularly long munchie binge :p