Jack Herer NFT under 600W

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Barack_Obonga, Jan 18, 2009.

1. This is a Closet grow Aero Flo 36 with about 30 plants crammed into it under a 600W HPS. Lucas formula is being used (GH micro and bloom 2:1) with GH Kool Bloom, a touch of cal-mag and SUPERthrive. I had the nutes running a little too strong a few weeks ago, but am in the 1300ppm range now. People weren't kidding when they said Jack Herer was sensitive to nutrient burn. The skinny bitch doesn't eat much, lol. The picture, if it attaches properly is on day 50 or 51. I am most likely going to run her 65 days. Currently 53.

Attached Files:

• v1.jpg
      v1.jpg
      File size:
      723 KB
      Views:
  2. That is a beautiful shot of them! :smoke:

3. Thank you! I had taken a couple with the lights off, but they were too blurry. I hope to get some bud pron on here soon. I just flushed them last night and I need to get a net or something because the buds are getting too heavy... of course I had sprayed them down with water pretty well for the flush so they were feeling extra heavy. I plan on doing a 5 day flush at the end using clearex. After a 2 week cure they should be ready on Valentines day. I'm nic-naming her Valentine 1.

4. They're a little beat up from the flush and the net that I so graciously placed on them. They sure were thirsty.

Attached Files:

5. a few more

Attached Files:

6. yo dude, great grow! Those nugs look chunky as hell, and a fine strain too. I have jock horror which is quite similar. Its great smoke and has quite the kick that may land you on your ass before you know it :D

7. nice! well grown buds. i love jack herrer buds, delicious sativa

8. Nice buds man. You can tell which ones have gotten all the light :D

You should look at light movers because you have a nice space. They could double your yield at the very least.

9. Thanks for the comments. I like the idea of a light mover. Double yield? Really? Wow, who doesn't want double yields? The space is about 4'6"x6'4"x8 so I'm not sure how much light movement I can get, but I guess just a lil' movement goes a long way, at least that's what my wife says.
    The Jack Herer isn't the smelliest strain but the smell is divine. If the high is as good as the buds are sweet, I'll be one happy stoner.

Attached Files:

10. very nice grow dude! Man i love watching that Jack grow...

11. Thanks for the rep love. The honeys are doing well. Day59. I've mostly just been keeping the pH on the rise from 5.5 to about 5.8. Trying to just keep it gradually on the rise. One more day on nutrients, then the five day flush.
    I'll have to take a pic tonight.

12. Lookin great man, lovin the fat buds. What breeder is your jack herer? I just got some from White Label, and am trying to decide if the precious spot in my flower cab gets awarded to it this run, or if its going to be saved for later.

13. Sensi Seeds http://www.sensiseeds.com/jackherer/1p2310.html

14. great update man, the buds are lookin fineeee. My jock is a great smoke, I think your gunna love this stuff :D

I just updated my journal, got some pics of my big ole jock horror. Its only bout 30-35 days in so not near as fat as yours yet ;)

15. Nice setup you got there, a light mover would be practical when you are growing that many plants. They make a hell of a diff. Btw, Jack Herer is my all time favorite strain, ever since I was introduced to it about 6 years ago. It's my dream to start a 49 plant JH grow. You will absolutely fall in love with the high from Jack Herer, I can almost assure you that you will keep it in your garden. If you have tried SSH, it's a close brethrin of Jack Herer. Very up high, great for laughs. First time had me giggly for like 2 hours for no reason. xD

16. I'm hoping to buy 2 light movers, one for this grow space and one for the veg room (large secret Jardin 8x8 or 9x9 which I may split in half to flower as well. This grow has gone so seamlessly that I may just do a repeat here.
    The other strains I have to choose from:
    Hashberry
    Purple Wreck
    Jacky White
    I am leaning toward doing the Jack Herer in this grow space and a dirt PW grow in the tent.
    Below is Day 60. I plan on starting the flush on the next light cycle.

Attached Files:

17. the prple wreck would be a nice strain to run alongwiththe jack :eek:
    Your room is lookin great with all the dank building up. :hello:

18. #18 Barack_Obonga, Jan 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2009
    Thanks. I hope to impress some new friends with my weed-farming skillz so hopefully this fits the bill. The original plan was to grow purplewreck, but this grow area intakes from my bedroom, so it would be difficult to keep low enough temps for a nice purple color. I'd like to directly pipe in outside air, but it'll be the project from hell. I took enough clones of each strain that I can go either way (35 PW and 21 Jack Herer)

19. #19 Barack_Obonga, Jan 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2009
    The final flush started a day late as I wasn't able to do it until last night. Here are a couple of pics of them this morning. I think it's day 62 starting tonight, so that'd make these end of the day 61. PPM 300 pH 6.2, 28% humidity 72F.

Attached Files:

20. update

Attached Files: