Marijauana Decriminalization bill is ACTIVE IN WASHINGTON STATE! (H.B. 1177)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by SeattleRes, Jan 17, 2009.

1. #1 SeattleRes, Jan 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2009
    Hi everyone:

There is a new bill in Washington State to decriminalize marijuana.

This is a big step in the right direction.

Please follow the link and contact your representatives to let them know you support it. It takes less than five minutes of your time.

Go here to read details:
    http://blog.norml.org/2009/01/16/normls-weekly-legislative-round-up-12/

The actual bill:
    http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?bill=1177&year=2009

Contact Your Reps:
    http://capwiz.com/norml2/issues/alert/?alertid=12440716

Please post this on other forums that you are members of, and contact your friends and relatives who are for this movement!

Thank you!

P.S. CAN SOMEONE please contact a moderator and make this thread sticky so that Washingtonians can read this for a while and contact their representatives to voice their opinion (I believe it makes a difference)

P.S.S. I see that the norml link to contact doesn't work.
    Please copy the letter from the norml site then use this link to find your local legislators you can CC all of your local reps with one button click using this site. Just paste the norml letter in there and hit submit.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/DistrictFinder/Default.aspx

2. Already on the bandwagon :)

I hope this passes :D

3. God, this is a great start!

4. is this to only decriminalize is ws?

5. #5 Madrid, Jan 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2009
    Cool thank you very much for the info, I am a Washingtonian.

edit: the contact form tells me they cant find any contacts attributed to my address?

6. Same here. I guess I'll just email my reps myself.

7. To make a difference, email Washington State Representatives and let them know the cause you stand for! And also help save up to 7.5 million dollars a year that comes from the taxpayers of our state!

Representatives Upthegrove, Williams, Moeller, Appleton, Pedersen, Ormsby, Dickerson, Carlyle, Roberts, Wood, Cody, and Nelson of Washington State currently sponsor of HB 1177! woot woot. Now let's convince the rest of them to follow suit! Please refer to the list of all 98 members of the Washington State House Members here:

http://www1.leg.wa.gov/House/Representatives/

Your representatives are waiting to hear about what YOU think about the decriminalization of marijuana (just make sure you do your research first!!). Contact info is available via the link above.

This is the first stepping stone towards a wider and more knowledgeable understanding on the use and purposes of marijuana, medically and resourcefully. This is not a stand for teenage potheads to sneak a dub into their parents' house, but rather a stand for the beginning of educating our nation about the wide benefits of marijuana and hemp use.

Let us help end this "War On Drugs", or at least help our nation understand the fact that marijuana is NOT a narcotic. It will not kill anybody. It is a simple weed that grows from the ground. Let us slowly work back towards attaining a culture that will be able to respect and embrace this plant for all the benefits that it holds for society.

[​IMG]

8. As a Washtonian I believe that this is a great step towards full blown legalization :hello: YEAH SMOKE MANY BOWLS

9. LISTEN UP EVERYBODY!!! This news not only pertains to Washingtonians, it affects everyone who wants to see marijuana decriminalized/legalized

This is one huge step for MJ not only for Washington, but the whole country. If this bill passes, soon, Cali will follow suite and before you know it more and more states will be accepting medical marijuana/decriminalization.

There is no doubt about it, positive MJ news is slowly circulating, we must inform everyone that this is the right decision. Tell your friends, neighbors, etc...

10. So who do I send letters to? My district legislators, my state congressman, or my state senators?

11. Wow I had no idea about this; this is outstanding!

12. Let's keep this rolling guys!!! Keep everyone informed!

Can we get a mod to sticky this for a while?

13. Posting w. My g1 phone...so forgive the copy and paste error above.
    Follow this link madrid http://apps.leg.wa.gov/districtfinder/default.aspx
    It's the same link at the bottom of my first post.
    Just put in your address and it'll find all your approp reps. Select the first one then when you are composing the message it will allow you to cc your other reps. I'd just copy and paste norml's message.

14. IS it just me or does anyone else feel that we will soon have legal, regulated marijuana? The deeper we've been getting into this recession, the more stories have picked up google. I've been keeping track of any stories regarding the legalization of marijuana via google news, and there has been a tremendous upwards curve in the amount of attention this issue is getting.

Journalists are no longer using the "benefits" of marijuana as their argument, and instead they are using the economic implications legalization would have. This internet grassroots lobby that the internet MJ community has created is becoming quite large, and these documentaries and bills that are being passed left and right are really starting to swing the momentum in our favor.

Strike while the iron is hot everyone; none of us have money to go out and have fun anyways, so let's stick it to the man. You can't pay enough money to get this kind of liberating feeling anywhere.

15. I'm straightr up with ya man , keep the government involved in our cause!!!

16. Can a moderator please make this thread sticky so that people here can view this thread for a while

If anyone reading this knows a mod plz notify them.

17. Matt, your not the only one Bro. I think it will be 2009 or 2010 we will have 50 state legal Marijuana.

I spent like an hour or so, talking to my mom and showing her some videos about how close we are.

She is amazed, she said she thinks this year we will reach our goal.

Let me mind you though, she isnt a dorky mom, she grew up a pothead and remained a huge drug addict until she found she was pregnant with me, now we share a joint or a bowl all the time.

18. Your day will come my friend, and hopefully sooner than you think.

Im waiting for my letters to finally get a responce out of WV, but I doubt they will budge soon.

Marijuana is so close to legalization, and if it doesnt reach that, Im gonna smoke till the day I die anyway.

F**k The Police!

19. Get the word out, email your rep's and join my facebook group,
    WA Citizens for House Bill 1177 (Decriminalize Marijuana in Washington!)

were using as a petition supporting this bill to send to the legislators, we have almost 800 supporters in under a week, and an identical group from a different part of the state has about the same, :hello:

group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=47579869470#/group.php?gid=47579869470