Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

suggestions for pipe cleaning

• Please log in to reply

SmoothBlack

SmoothBlack

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
i have a standard bowl, ive heard rubbing alcohol and sea salt is good for cleaning bongs. does it work for bowls too? Also will hydrogen peroxide work as a substitute for rubbing alchol?
thanks in advance

JayGray

JayGray

All Day

• Registered Upgraded
  • 595 posts
yea man get a plastic zip lock baggy and put soem rubbing alchohol in there then throw the bowl in and let it sit for a while.

mr. buddington

mr. buddington

• Registered Upgraded
  • 138 posts
when i clean my dry pieces i rinse them with warm-hot water and then i pour some listerine in it and cover all the holes and shake it up for a little while and then rinse it out again. after that i use a tooth pick to clean out any resin that i can reach throught all the holes and after that i just stuff a paper towel down the mouth hole as far as i can and tiwst it till its all clean. it usually gets them pretty clean

Guest_KarmaOneLove_*

Guest_KarmaOneLove_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
you can boil your bowl...just dont do it a lot or the glass gets thinner and thinner everytime. but that is the way to get your bowl basically looking like you just bought it.

Project X

Project X

Bronze member

• Bronze Member
  • 645 posts

floating_by

floating_by

Medical Cannabis= Truth

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,598 posts
Dipping some Q-tips in iso after the ziplock method above works to clean out those tough spots too if you don't have any pipe cleaners.

wiid420

wiid420

is stoned

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
nail polish remover works best for me. acetone is crazy powerful. mix it with some salt and pour it into your piece inside a ziplock. half the resin is gone the second it touches the bowl.

PennLaxPlayer

PennLaxPlayer

My smile goes for miles.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,455 posts
Warm water in a glass. Submerge into glass but be carefull because vibrations get amplfied in the water(You're pipe will break from less of a hit.)

If you just use the hottest water you're sink puts out it won't be hot enough to affect the glass or crack it from rapid tempature change.

Then Q-tip it afterwrads. Paper clips make it look horrible and scratch you're bowl.

AndyMon

AndyMon

Registered Toker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 175 posts
H2O2 will not substitute for IPA in this case.

RollaFatta

RollaFatta

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

i have a standard bowl, ive heard rubbing alcohol and sea salt is good for cleaning bongs. does it work for bowls too? Also will hydrogen peroxide work as a substitute for rubbing alchol?
thanks in advance

i dont know where you live but lets say everclear is legal in you state or i guess you might now live in the us but w.e haha get everclear or you could find a way to purify Hcl or something like that (purifying any acid is pretty scary stuff you could get really hurt but if you have a metal or glass pipe its a good idea)
(DONT USE IF YOUR BONG IS PLASTIC IT WILL EAT IT AND RUIN IT)

hope i helped
:wave:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users