• Jan 17 2009 03:51 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • SmoothBlack
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 03:51 PM

i have a standard bowl, ive heard rubbing alcohol and sea salt is good for cleaning bongs. does it work for bowls too? Also will hydrogen peroxide work as a substitute for rubbing alchol?
thanks in advance
Replies (9)

• All Day

• JayGray
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 595 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 04:45 PM

yea man get a plastic zip lock baggy and put soem rubbing alchohol in there then throw the bowl in and let it sit for a while.

• mr. buddington
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 138 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 05:54 PM

when i clean my dry pieces i rinse them with warm-hot water and then i pour some listerine in it and cover all the holes and shake it up for a little while and then rinse it out again. after that i use a tooth pick to clean out any resin that i can reach throught all the holes and after that i just stuff a paper towel down the mouth hole as far as i can and tiwst it till its all clean. it usually gets them pretty clean

• Guest_KarmaOneLove_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:22 PM

you can boil your bowl...just dont do it a lot or the glass gets thinner and thinner everytime. but that is the way to get your bowl basically looking like you just bought it.

• Bronze member

• Project X
  • Bronze Member
  • 645 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:29 PM

The iso/salt method works for cleaning all glass, it's awesome. I don't know if hydrogen peroxide will substitute, but just go and get some 90%+ iso, it's like 2 bucks for a bottle.

Before you wash it wish the iso/salt, do warm water/salt in a baggie and shake it around nicely to loosen up the resin, and then do iso/salt in a baggie and shake it around to clean it up nicely, if shit is really stuck to it let it sit in the alcohol for a bit.

Also if you can grab some pipe cleaners from an arts and crafts place or something, they work so well and if you use iso/salt and a pipe cleaner you can get your piece spotless. Good luck.

• Medical Cannabis= Truth

• floating_by
  • Banned by Moderators
  • 3,925 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:48 PM

Dipping some Q-tips in iso after the ziplock method above works to clean out those tough spots too if you don't have any pipe cleaners.

• is stoned

• PipPipPip
  • wiid420
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 81 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 10:23 PM

nail polish remover works best for me. acetone is crazy powerful. mix it with some salt and pour it into your piece inside a ziplock. half the resin is gone the second it touches the bowl.

• My smile goes for miles.

• PennLaxPlayer
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 10:41 PM

Warm water in a glass. Submerge into glass but be carefull because vibrations get amplfied in the water(You're pipe will break from less of a hit.)

If you just use the hottest water you're sink puts out it won't be hot enough to affect the glass or crack it from rapid tempature change.

Then Q-tip it afterwrads. Paper clips make it look horrible and scratch you're bowl.

• Registered Toker

• AndyMon
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 03:53 PM

H2O2 will not substitute for IPA in this case.

• PipPipPip
  • RollaFatta
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 07:24 PM

i have a standard bowl, ive heard rubbing alcohol and sea salt is good for cleaning bongs. does it work for bowls too? Also will hydrogen peroxide work as a substitute for rubbing alchol?
thanks in advance

i dont know where you live but lets say everclear is legal in you state or i guess you might now live in the us but w.e haha get everclear or you could find a way to purify Hcl or something like that (purifying any acid is pretty scary stuff you could get really hurt but if you have a metal or glass pipe its a good idea)
(DONT USE IF YOUR BONG IS PLASTIC IT WILL EAT IT AND RUIN IT)

hope i helped
:wave:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 1999 - 2015 420Network BV | All rights reserved