Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

idea for making small amounts of cannabutter

• Please log in to reply

velvenhavi

velvenhavi

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
so, i smoke alot and im sick of smoking and have been trying to get really high off of digesting thc rather then smoking it, but i have never come to any avail. i have always used midis when cooking but i only smoke really good weed, i havent really smoked mids in 2-3 years. i have made ounces worth of brownies a few times and eaten about a quarters worth each time and have not felt anything. it seems every time i use midis for edibles i never get high. but financially i cannot afford to use piff weed in edibles.

so, heres my idea.

get about 1.5 grams of really good weed, whatever i have that day..
a little less than 1/4 a stick of butter.
a drinking glass
a pan.

if i put the drinking glass in the center of the pan, with the butter and nothing else in it, and heat up water in the pan, will the butter in the glass heat up without going above 320 F and torching the weed? i dont mind about eating a gram or so of dank weed thats been ground up in my butter, as im just gonna put it on toast.. its for the effect..

who thinks this would work? wouldnt work? thoughts?

LI_NY

LI_NY

york

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,069 posts
i'ont know b,

but shouts to queens new york!

velvenhavi

velvenhavi

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
actually residing in franklin square right now.. :o
where you at??

getupstandup420

getupstandup420

Danse Kalinda Ba Doom

• Registered Upgraded
  • 311 posts
your glass is gonna break. don't do it, dude

OC_HERBavor

OC_HERBavor

Get High & Rule the World

• Registered Upgraded
  • 182 posts
yeah that glass will break unless its pyrex even then i dunno whats the max temp you can put that stuff into boiling water. gl tho

SimplySmaLLs

SimplySmaLLs

• Registered Upgraded
  • 256 posts
i wouldnt suggest putting it in a drinking glass, perhaps the smallest of small pans at your house, also with such a small amount, i hear that firecrackers work well with good bud.

However if your absolutly going for the cannabutter thing, then it would def. work if u made the cannabutter properly, id suggest maybe, 1/8th stick of butter, or less.

Just an idea

StevieRay

StevieRay

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
If youre lookin to get baked by ingestion with a little bud, go with firecrackers. I make 2 with 1-2 gs and get ripped...check out the tutorial on the "recreational marijuana use" page.

BonghornLeghorn

BonghornLeghorn

Fred The Conqueror

• Registered Upgraded
  • 555 posts
Woo reviving dead threads :)

Anyways in my personal experience, I've found that if I want to make single servings the best method is the boiling water trick.

Simply find the smallest pot you have in your house, and bring it to a boil. Then turn it down to one or two below the highest temperature the stove dial goes to. Toss in at least 1 tbsp of butter, or if you can handle it a little more.

Then comes the fun part, grind up AT LEAST 1.5 GRAMS and put it in your water. I found 1.5 was a good high for going to work, but that's just me. If your just looking to get stoned off your gord then 2.5G or 3G should do it.

Now I like to let the water and bud boil for 2 hours but I'm sure 20 to 30 minutes would do the trick. If you do decide to let it boil for the several hours, make sure you get a bigger pot with some water boiling nearby. The water evaporates quickly so every 20 or 25 minutes make sure to add more boiling water to the smaller pot. After the last time you add more boiling water wait for it to boil down nice and low again. Then pour it all into a cup and put it in the fridge overnight.

Now what your going to end up with is a bunch of cannabutter with a bunch of bud in it. Simply take the cannabutter out and lay it on a paper towel, which will remove enough of the moisture to refrigerate. If you want to keep it for even longer, just stick it in the freezer wrapped in saran wrap.

For the sake of getting high I just put it on a tablespoon, nut up, and drink it with some water. However if that's too much for you, you could pour the boiling cannabutter water mix through a fine food screen. Make sure to press the bud out with a fork if that's what you do.

Now here's the thing with the boiling water, for those not in the know. Water boils at 100C (212F), so there is no way you can overheat the butter. THC is not water soluble, so it all gets absorbed into the fat as it's boiling. And it's the easiest way to make very high concentrations in the butter.

BadKittySmiles

BadKittySmiles

Compassion Support BadKatsCannaPharm.com

• Bronze Member
  • 6,586 posts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users