Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

fate? choice?

• Please log in to reply

Vitamin 420

Vitamin 420

Exogenous Anandamide

• Gold Member
  • 1,725 posts

Similar Topics: fate? choice?     x

Mr. bojangles

Mr. bojangles

Rip Pimp C

• Registered Upgraded
  • 373 posts
fate is the apperently random quantum spontanious changing position of electrons, everything else including free-will seems to be just a series of cause and effects related by the brain, i believe theres no consious nor sub consious free will, it is all determined by past events and brain structure

im probably completely butchering this quote but "the only thing not possible is to not choose" sartre, that also makes sense

Edited by Mr. bojangles, 13 January 2009 - 07:57 AM.

Meows

Meows

Is smokin mad bowls.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 271 posts
Fate is the result of the choice you make.

Vitamin 420

Vitamin 420

Exogenous Anandamide

• Gold Member
  • 1,725 posts

Vitamin 420

Vitamin 420

Exogenous Anandamide

• Gold Member
  • 1,725 posts

mrk195smokin

mrk195smokin

blaze and raise

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,285 posts
things happend and ppl say it must have been fate.... but fate is just the eqal but oppsite reactions. fate is not written in stone. choices are just a point in time in where an action can be made or not made.

Meows

Meows

Is smokin mad bowls.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 271 posts

Can choice be the result of fate as well?

I think choices are presented by the fates you receive from other choices. Your parents make a choice to conceive you, they can either make a choice to abort you, or live.
So, for the first part things are out of your control.
But after that life is just a string of controllable events. Some are harder to control than others though. If a metal beam falls on you cause a building collapses you decided to go in the building, maybe you didn't know it was going to fall, but its still your choice

bkadoctaj

bkadoctaj

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 9,441 posts
Good things might come to those who wait
Not to those who wait too late

- Just the Two of Us (Grover Washington, Jr. and Bill Withers)

Oh shit... was my post fate or my choice?

Does it matter as much as my next meal?!

mrk195smokin

mrk195smokin

blaze and raise

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,285 posts
fate is weird... the will or principle or determining cause by which things in general are believed to come to be as they are or events to happen as they do : destiny
http://www.merriam-w...dictionary/fate

Denialz

Denialz

The Philosopher

• Registered Upgraded
  • 760 posts
My answer to this question would be best summed up via this drug induced rant of mine from almost two years ago.

http://forum.grassci...no-control.html

Liquidtruth

Liquidtruth

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 6,070 posts
If M Theory is true, then free will is non-existent, unless one can know every possibility, and if that is so, then there is no choice, only fate, which has no choice, because all possibility is existent and real. Everything in life is written in stone, is providence on all levels, is destiny which is, of course, fate. :)

mrk195smokin

mrk195smokin

blaze and raise

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,285 posts

If M Theory is true, then free will is non-existent, unless one can know every possibility, and if that is so, then there is no choice, only fate, which has no choice, because all possibility is existent and real. Everything in life is written in stone, is providence on all levels, is destiny which is, of course, fate. :)

I dont think everything is written in stone. how can it be,actions have reactions... life isn't set.

Liquidtruth

Liquidtruth

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 6,070 posts

I dont think everything is written in stone. how can it be,actions have reactions... life isn't set.

If M Theory is true, than life certainly is set.

mrk195smokin

mrk195smokin

blaze and raise

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,285 posts
m theroy and string therorys have a long way to go before being proven through an experment.

Liquidtruth

Liquidtruth

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 6,070 posts
Yes indeed... Hence the use of the word "if". :)

Still, more of a solid reasoning then you will normally find. :)

mrk195smokin

mrk195smokin

blaze and raise

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,285 posts
string threorys are strange becase theres is so many threoys published wiht there own tweaks.

Liquidtruth

Liquidtruth

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 6,070 posts

string threorys are strange becase theres is so many threoys published wiht there own tweaks.

Which is why you should take a look at M Theory...

Edited by Liquidtruth, 13 January 2009 - 10:44 AM.
spelling

Vitamin 420

Vitamin 420

Exogenous Anandamide

• Gold Member
  • 1,725 posts

bkadoctaj

bkadoctaj

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 9,441 posts

If free will exists under the assumption that "something" (as defined within it's own quantum space) knows all the possibilities; does that mean it has the power to choose? And, if every reality is possible, can it choose to identify it's own own choice-making as "fate" ? Is there a possibility of our quantum space being ... simple? As stated, anything and everything is possible in any quantum space, regardless of time (nonlocality and superposition I think?) then what's to say there isn't a more complex function that our quantum space responds to?

"Fate" and "choice" do not exist, as they imply a connection to our concept of "time"... a past, present, and future. But, those do not exist. There merely "is".

There also "is" destiny. "Is" "is" the same as itself?

Vitamin 420

Vitamin 420

Exogenous Anandamide

• Gold Member
  • 1,725 posts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users