A Guide to Meditation

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Androgenicx, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Ya. I was literally just at temple today with that feeling. I imagined I was in space spinning. It's really fun when you add visualizations

Sent from my LGLS740 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. The most intense meditation I ever had was after taking a drop of the rick simpson oil, no tv, no music, i just sat in my room connected to something bigger than myself.

3. I completely forgot about this thread... wow, great info to read AGAIN. Haven't been meditating in quite some time, and no wonder the stress is building up!

Love hearing others experiences, good motivation in here :)

4. My favorite type of meditation is listening to and identifying sounds. I love to bring a joint into the California Redwood forest and smoke up, get high, and then park my ass at the trunk of a giant redwood, close my eyes and listen. Sometimes I bring a pair of binoculars and get lost in the tree canopies. Very very mind relaxing. I do not worry about the future or regret the past. Seems I am at peace. A fuckin sunami could be approaching, and while everyone else is running, I'd just sit there and let it wash over me. Ok, maybe not. But I still would want to.

5. I just vibrated off my chair and felt what was like an orgasm throughout my body.
    Beforehand, my forehead was hot in the centre and my temples were vibrating. I was very vividly in a garden, not at my own accord. The old guy from Xiaolin Showdown was there. I was sat on a log, he was standing. The image left after maybe 20 seconds.

what the fuck. i just expected to hear my inner chatter and to see darkness? help? 

6. i have been trying that zazen meditation. i have been getting pretty good at it. with  my eyes open, i can slowly black everything out from my sight. it starets slowly from outside my vision and then slowly moves to block out my entire vision. i read that you can "dial back the inner chatter" doing this and i feel it doing just that. after a short time however something catches my eye, a little flick of movement, and it brings me out of it.

this has made my morning contemplations enjoyable in a new way and i thank you for that! :metal:

7. I really like guided meditation at home. I can be "sober" or I can be high from marijuana. I do enjoy it and I'm glad I was introduced to this wonderful practice.

8. I tried this last night and it was eye opening. Thank you this is great!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum
    Mm

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Have meditated (and medicated) on and off for decades... both have their time and place... neither can "set you free" as you/we already are "pure awareness" all that is..

Still meditate, still not "awake" (from the maya/illusion/dream) but now know meditation albeit beneficial will usually not lead to enlightenment...

Now feel Vedanta is the way... Must say listening to James Swartz on youtube has transformed the 'quest' and brought decades of "this & that" seeking into an integrated perspective.

10. Very interesting!
    I will be using this often!

11. The Buddha Mudra would be impossible, for I don't have 7 fingers on my right hand. 

12. It looks like you intentionally avoid the use of the word I...yes? Is this something you try to do with thought and speech as well? Unless it was accidental.

Well now that it has been mentioned, yes, the word "i" has been much overused and rarely understood... in fact, "i, me, mine" are all notions presented to the jiva (person) as to who they are... "this is yours, your name is John (or Susan), you are white, black, other... etc."

the term i, me, mine are used unconsciously, in that we are not conscious of who / what we are (pure Awareness/Consciousness) when we use them.. For sure if a traffic cop stops and asks us who we are we don't say "Awareness" but give them the bogus name on the DL. ;o)

Per Vedanta we are already enlightened, there is no experience that can put us where we already are, in fact experience by the jiva/person (busy-ness) keeps us locked into the samsara chasing vasanas (tendencies/habits).

On that basis a "conscious" deprogramming" can only escalate the process of Sel Realization acting as a catalyst to awaken from maya the dream of being a person identified with a body/mind/ego frail temporary mortal existence...

Peace

14. I'm fairly new to meditation and what is deep meditation like because all I've gotten to is just feeling like the sensations my body is feeling dont match with what it actually is

15. I think it may be a bad thing to ask that, because one may then desire for these elevated feelings. I for one did..became aware of what I was doing and moved on. what do you mean what it actually is? What you feel is what you feel, how can you argue with what you feel? Do not label it good or bad, try and inquire as to why it is there, ask for understanding rather.

16. Beside meditation, I think yoga can support meditation. These two get along very well. I mean, I usually use this course to learn yoga: http://bit.ly/getinshapewithyoga

17. Best week by week meditation training....lessons spaced apart so you can practice and absorb..

http://aromeditation.org/

18. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q-tc9SGuD4

19. the act of meditating to achieve something is a defeat to ones self. experience the act of meditation, you will find yourself.