A Guide to Meditation

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Androgenicx, Jan 10, 2009.

1. #401 Androgenicx, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2014
    the only reason im back in this thread is because they didnt delete it

the truth is that the meditation was an attempt to avoid things that needed dealing with

by this i dont mean stupid mundane affairs i mean the 'madness' and the dark nights and all of this are nothing but peaked repression and control and you need to go beyond it. it is about life and living as a being that you are

if you dont claim it you will have problems always

and by claim i mean be everything you believe you can be and people that stop you need to be dealt with. and by dealt with i mean no compromise no scratch my back scratch yours no saying your an asshole and walking away but dealt with

madness- all madness - is the head filling up with thoughts of freedom that the energy system has released itself or been released into (not in your control) and your body knowing a different reality that looks nobody in the eye doesnt say what it wants or state itself in the world. so you feel fear, dark nights, trauma, scare while your inner being feels freedom

the body will fight for itself for a long time you need to control it

that madness is that first self contraction - that first time society does what it does as you are a child. an aggressive adult behaves inappropriately - even a subduing look - and the madness has begun. madness is to live a life forget a moment an instant a quark as someone something or some other intent than what you are

and only you can claim yourself not meditation not love not peace or whatever the fuck you have in your mind

2. these are not evil twins but core

3. #403 purplehaze486, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
    What do you mean by dealt with? Could you expand on that? Perhaps give a concrete example?

The body will fight this new expanded, void consciousness? How to control the body? Not sure I follow...

Do you advocate working with a therapist? Some for of catharsis? So essentially this dream-like, emotional-less, dead like state is a result of repression?

4. how did you come here

5. Is this a philosophical question?

6. no its an existential question

7. gathering from what you have written

i am not sure what kind of meditation and in what way and what your attitude to life is outside of it and how you came to it. that is what i am asking who are you why are you meditating

8. regardless it seems your experience and troubles are pretty existential and deep

you need to look at the world around you and see that without its own conscious choice it is losing its grip on material reality.

people you have likely known all your life (the 'kind' of people not people in specific) who refused to behave and be conscious and be retarded you will see cannot do so any longer it is out of their control it has nothing to do with other people they meet either

so there is a madness that is not yours - this dimension is in a state of chaos - a good chaos that is purging all that is black

if your involving yourself in conscious evolution you are in for a treat

your own experience it is normal

that depersonalization darkness and deadness

be in it

feel its glory

it has a glory - oh yes - you will see the people around you like idiots. a shadow you have become and they cannot see anything but your body, and yet everything enters you like truth

that darkness is your inability to do anything about it

do something

9. <sup>I was doing all sorts of meditation practices. I was very zealous in my practice. In retrospect, I can clearly see now that I was using it as an escape. It was in a way the ultimate ego trip. Everything I have ever done I needed to do in excess and be the best at it...drugs, sports... spirituality seems it was just another thing that I needed to be best at and use as a man to gain approval and acceptance. I guess in a way I never felt good enough and excelling at this ventures gave me some superficial sense of self-worth. </sup>

<sup>I just don't even know how to live, how to deal with myself, my thoughts, my feelings, my peers, my family, I feel so overwhelmed, I feel like I'm going to lose it at times. Looking at others as inferior, or less evolved...hurts. They are beautiful people who are all doing their best, to the best of their ability to ride out this human experience. </sup>

10. #410 Androgenicx, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2014
    they are cows. when a man walks and a cow is in his way the cow has to move

those that are not cows - well you rarely meet them because the space needed for a conscious being to evolve in is pretty large and the number of conscious people in this world are few

how you are feeling is the only way a human should feel. it is the paradox of your natural inner state seeing things it has to deal with that are artificial and it is too genius to actually fall for the trick and 'learn' a way to deal with it - thereby polluting itself with the 'game' people play. paradox, conflict between your purity and wanting to be pure and the most sickening disheartening disgusting game of ego people play, try to suck you into, or at the least force you to confront because you need to go to the supermarket

but the thing here is this - your purity is not complete. when the purity becomes complete in seeing the sickness trying to pollute it it will turn into something else. an impersonal anger. a rage. a life driving for life. a thirst for the end of falsity. and it takes the charge on itself - whoelse will it take it from and to

purity is not a quality. it is the absence of impediments. purity of intelligence is the absence of impediments - alien and internal - and does not happen by intelligence trying to purify itself but by devoting itself to paying attention to the impediments

purity can be love

it can be rage

it can consume a universe

or destroy it if it is worthless

niceness should turn you off

and it will soon

stand your ground it is real

11. The other day I meditated and started to feel circular rotations. At first it was wobbly then it corrected itself and spun smoothly. anyone ever experience this before?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. anyone here use zafu pillows? Seems rather pricey and I imagine you can just stack normal pillows and sit on the edge and get the same comfort.

13. Today I meditated for the first time. It was kinda on accident too. I hiked out into the woods to study and ended up smoking a joint. Then for about 5 minutes I just closed my eyes and stopped thinking. I just experienced the sound of the birds and the feeling of the wind without an inner voice. Needless to say it felt amazing and I'll be adding this into my routine.

14. round zafus are the most comfortable way to sit in cross legged 'meditation'

15. Very nice.  Thanks for the information, i'll try it tonight.

16. does anybody here meditate lying down? Ive always mediatated with my back straight so as to help breathing, but recently in this meditation class we were told to lie down on a mat. It was interrsting, very different designed to focus more on imagery then breathing. Enjoyable none the less.

sent from under mi sensi tree

17. #418 jayfoxpox, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2014
  18. I like this, thank you very much for the awesome and thorough guide. I've been trying to do meditation a few minutes everyday actually, and I've found meditation help me relax and reduce stress significantly. It makes me feel fresh afterwards and I just recommend this to peoples especially those who are depressed or who's simply want to increase their mood in the morning!

19. When I stare at an object or spot on the wall for long periods of time everything gets dark around it and it feels as if I have tunnel vision and can only see that one thing I am using the hand position you called your favorite as my reason for doing this is for inner peace and focus and am cross legend back straight. Am I doing it wrong?

Just lookin for a lift