Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What does being high feel like?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by CoreyR, Jan 7, 2009.

1. You smoked a blunt so maybe it could be the tobacco for the lightheaded feeling? I'm not really sure. ou should have felt happy and really good. Once you get high you will know it.

2. ok being high is pretty much having that feeling right after u cum throughout your whole body

3. That sounds exactly like my first time being high...it will become less intense if you keep smoking as your body will start building tolerance against it

4. Its always different...i can be laughing alot and things are slow and my body tingles...or i can be focused and have more energy.
    i mean your body feel different and you'll notice it right away as you keep toking.

5. You know what probably happened, I bet it was smoking all the tobacco leaf from the blunt by yourself that gave you that feeling. If you have no tolerance to tobacco, you can get dizzy spells and nausea from smoking too much of it. Remember that you're not supposed to inhale cigar smoke. Most blunts are passed between 2 or more people, and the people that smoke blunts to their dome are pretty experienced tobacco smokers. Try rolling a J or hitting a piece and see if you get the same result.

6. The first time I got high, I thought I was dreaming (and kept asking the guy I was smoking with, and pinched myself a lot) and I kinda feel disconnected, like a definite high state, if I laugh, it's all giggly and hard to stop. I feel really musical and often start singing and I imagine myself inside a music video (I'm usually just zoning out or dancing around the room though), it's the best music ever to me, but it's absolute crap to everyone else. Sometimes I get a weird feeling all through my body, and jelly legs. Also I get munchies and cotton mouth, which usually ends up with me eating chips (though eating feels kind of weird). I have low tolerance, and only smoke til I'm wasted (anything else isn't worth it imo).

That reminds me, we're gonna get high this weekend, I'm just hoping we don't smoke all I have left, or, if we do, that I forget where my emergency bowl's worth is...

7. It makes me feel cross-eyeded and buck-toothed retarded.

8. #28 walkingOnAir, Jan 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2009
    from my experience its all about smoking the right way. some people like being casual and dont inhale too much and just pull in and then blow it out. others just leave it in their mouths/ top of throat. luckily when i first started smoking i had the luxury of smoking with friends that actually took 5minutes showing me exactly how to smoke so i would enjoy my first high. basically the way i was taught and still like to smoke is the mouth to lung method rather than directly to the lungs. basically what you do is take a pull using absolutely NO lung power so the smoke is in your mouth (you don't need that a shit load of smoke or else you wont be able to inhale it ) than open your mouth slightly and just inhale all the air you can to push the smoke down into your lungs (your chest should come enlarge at this point) through your mouth quickly. and hold it in your lungs for 4 seconds to let the THC get into your system than its safe to exhale. Good Luck and enjoy. also how were you smoking sorry i dont remember what you said in your 1st post (im pretty high right now) if it was a joint or blunt perhaps it was too tight and you had to pull in too hard to get any smoke which will cause you to get dizzy and pass out. i suggest a bowl/pipe so its easy to inhale.

Also you dont HAVE to keep smoking till you feel something. after taking some hits just chill out a bit. (stand up if you were sitting and see how you feel) i usually dont get high right away takes 5-10 min (closer to 5 for me)

9. Relaxation.

10. Nothing looks, or feels different, but your perception of everything is heightened. Usually that means things taste or sound better, and feelings are much more intense.

11. Yeah it definitely makes you feel relaxed. I never get dizzy from smoking either so I dunno about that. If you want it to be funny, do it with some friends and watch something funny. I've laughed for a really long time with friends. Are you sure you're not smoking salvia or something? lol

12. And it does take a little while to set in. about 5 mins after each hit is when it starts hitting the brain. It sounds to me like you smoked too much too fast. You will actually get higher if you wait 5 or 10 mins between hits. Don't be ashamed to pass the blunt if it comes back to you too quickly. If I were smoking with you, and I passed you the blunt and you held it, I would be more pissed then if you were to pass it, holding i just wastes weed and time.

Toke on :smoking:

13. Yeah, that didnt sound right to me. I mean kinda right, but not really. Laughing at nothing happens, I was laughing my ass off at absolutely nothing last night (and I mean really nothing, I started laughing for no reason, and I cant even say what made me laugh, I was just really high, maybe I was just laughing about how high I was) but I have had several smoke sessions in a row several times without any laughing at all. I would describe being high as feeling like waves are traveling through you, its actually not that accurate, but its the best I can think of. Maybe a mix of dizzy and waves, as the "feeling" of being high, but I think of dizzy as a bad thing. Like having a dizzy spell or something isn't fun for me, but I love weed and alcohol and some people say that being drunk or being high is similar to dizzy so I dont know. I would say you didnt get a true high.

14. being high(which i am now) makes you realise everything. like he stuff in the nooks and crannies in your life.

oh my god and the forgerfulness! hahaha

and the munchies and the dizziness.

i love being high

15. For me, it feels like you are sort of sitting up on top of your brain/or in a movie theater, and your vision is the screen. That's only if you're really high though. You feel energy in your legs/arms/chest. You know that feeling you get when you're really tired or sick? When the world "isnt really there?" its like that, without being tired or sick, and without the bad feelings. Things sound a little more funny, and your perspective changes a little bit. I paint alot, and if i'm high i'll look at my previous paintings and ask myself why did you do this that way? What made you do that? And I end up switching up a new painting with a new idea. :smoke:

16. Wow, seriously old thread. Bumped after over a year!

It feels like this though:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5im0Ssyyus]YouTube - Charlie The Unicorn[/ame]

17. for me it feels like i'm a slice of cheese on a cheeseburger

18. haha couldnt have explained it better!

19. High for me, is extreme concentration. Not "oh god this is hard" concentration.. more like "how does that work" or "why does that happen, whats that, whats this mean etc."

I remember the last time i got high, was at a buddies with a lot of friends (probably 6 or 7) and they started playing music off someones cell, and singing along. i was watching the friend that was sitting next to me, and he was singing too. all i could think about was this weird way he was singing, it sounded really really fake. like, he was trying to sound good to impress everyone or something. and i pretty much just narrated it in my head while i studied him for like 20 minutes haha.

20. I usually start with 2 average hits from my bubbler, let that soak in for about 10 minutes. Then I take a 3rd hit, which is usually much bigger.

I usually finish off with 2 big ones, and then i'm done. 5-6 is enough for me.

I made the mistake about 2 weeks ago of smoking too much in such little time. I ended up feel like I was dying. But overall a standard high (indica is what I use) feels like you're stretching constantly, which a warm feeling throughout your body, and a few tingles that constantly shift all over. My state of mind is usually very happy, with no negative thinking, and an urge to masterbate.

Being high is such a relaxing feeling that it's hard to imagine the human body can handle such great feelings. Sometimes it becomes so intense, I close my eyes thinking i'm on a rollercoaster, and next thing you know i'm cringing because it feels like gravity is shifting.