Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Is smoking out of an aluminum pipe poisonous?

• Please log in to reply

BC_BUDz69

BC_BUDz69

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I was smoking today and began thinking that its bad when u smoke out of aluminum cans so is it any different from a pipe? Plus i heard that some people who smoke coke offa aluminum foil can die.

straitsb

straitsb

squeezy

• Registered Upgraded
  • 621 posts
I'm not 100% sure, so don't quite take my work for it, but I think it's the paint off the aluminum cans (coke cans, etc) that is really bad for you. Aluminum isn't the best thing either, but I don't think it'll hurt you to do it once in a blue moon.

InferiorWang

InferiorWang

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 4,449 posts
it's the chemicals used on the aluminum can and foil that are really bad for you. Some people say excessive aluminum in your blood can help cause alzheimer's too.

grass roots

grass roots

Stop, THINK, Post

• Old School
  • 3,041 posts
It depends on the thickness. Those anodanized pipes you can buy are not poisonous. They are much thicker than cans and foil. So no chemicals come off of them... or atleast nowhere near the amount that cans and foil give off...

HendrixIsMyHERO

HendrixIsMyHERO

Purple HAZE

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
i dont smoke smoke from metal period

BC_BUDz69

BC_BUDz69

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i got the aluminum flashlight pipe offa this site and i was wonderin if its ok...Its an awsome pipe tho, i love it

Dr Jammin

Dr Jammin

Serene Mind

• Registered Upgraded
  • 407 posts
just use glass! if your in a fix, use an apple!

telluride toker

telluride toker

Stay away from my pudding

• Old School
  • 813 posts

Originally posted by Dr Jammin
just use glass! if your in a fix, use an apple!

I agree! smoking out of an aluminum pipe won't hurt you, though. NEVER SMOKE OUT OF A CAN! They cover the inside of the can with a VERY thin layer of plastic to prevent corrosion, so you're inhaling plastic, as well as burning paint.

Stylez

Stylez

haphazard ramblings

• Super Moderator
  • 7,389 posts

confianza7

confianza7

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I have all ways smoked out of a water bong with a side carb but i have been in a situation where i had to impervise and make a coke can into a bowl and i've heard it was bad for you but i'm still alive and smokeing so i guess it's the greater of the evils

adum0123

adum0123

• Registered Upgraded
  • 156 posts

Originally posted by Neo of WNEC
The misconception is that the metal is bad fo ryou. aluminum is FINE. But in cans... if you've ever noticed... there is paint on the outside, and such. And it does form a poisonous gas when burned... a lot like all other forms of paint. The metal itself is ABSOLUTELY FINE!

What the fuck u smoking? Aluminum is not fine.. altho i have used it occasionaly

adum0123

adum0123

• Registered Upgraded
  • 156 posts
im not sure..ive always heard it was dangerous and shit.. but im not an expert.. not meaning to bash n e one here.

Krypto

Krypto

• Users Awaiting Validation
  • 617 posts
Lol whoever told you aluminum is fine to smoke was dumb.....When aluminum is heated up as tin as tin foil or a can, it releases a toxic compund aluminum oxide....Aluminum oxide is VERY harmful, it basically clogs your lungs so badly that they can bleed and cause you to die....fast...This is if you do it every once in a awhile like once a week.........It also has been known to cause alzhiemers

everblazing

everblazing

• Users Awaiting Validation
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
Pure aluminum is not dangerous. Things like foil or cheap (thin) cans have so many other shit metals in them, that thats what makes them dangerous. The shit in them vaporize at low temperatures and you toke that shit it with your weed. A bong or pipe made out of aluminum is cool, because its food grade metal, meaning that no fume are emmited at low temps. ie under 800 degree celcius.

Zeotti

Zeotti

Sir Smoke Alot

• Registered Upgraded
  • 111 posts
Would .26 gauge Aluminum Sheet Metal work?

It's damn thick, and not treated with anything...

Zeotti

Zeotti

Sir Smoke Alot

• Registered Upgraded
  • 111 posts
Oh yea and can't you scrape off the glue/paint??

Faded Spinner

Faded Spinner

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 203 posts
What's wrong with smoking out of copper?

GanjaBat

GanjaBat

Breadcrumbs anyone?

• Registered Upgraded
  • 469 posts

Originally posted by Neo of WNEC
We're working on getting our Prof to quote it and let us put it up here, but he wants to put a full chemical reaction up here, and its tough to explain to him a bunch of pot heads probably wouldn't appreciate it.

Why wouldn't we appreciate it? I think you have a good argument.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users