What is the "best" grinder to get?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by j4cks0ne23, Dec 27, 2008.

1. I have the second one that you said you might purchase and I love it. It is perfect!

2. LMAO are you guys seriously retarded? Dude.. OP.. listen... The Sharpstone is more than you need alright, Spacecase, Mendo Mulch, all that shit is EXACTLY THE SAME. Anyone argueing that a spacecase is physically "better" than a sharpstone, they dont know wtf they are talking about.

If the sharpstone disappoints you, I will show up at your door with 23$ in my hand.

3. A friend of mine has the Chromium Crusher IMO that's one of the best I've used out of Space Cases, Sharpstones & other miscellaneous ones. It's got a real heavy solid feel to it, and grinds up the densest of buds with ease. It will be my next grinder.

4. Have to go with a SpaceCase grinder if you want the absolute best quality, but not the best value... as someone already said

5. I got a shapsrone a week or so, its a 4 piece. It was 25$ on ebay. I probably have 2grams of kief but I dont have a pollen press so I just keep it in a jar and save it.

6. I love my grinder, I have a sharpstone

Attached Files:

7. Just ordered my 2.5 " 5 piece Chromium Crusher from eBay with a free pollen press, ez blunt splitter, and a battery stash case for 32.00 after tax wih free shipping. It's comin from northern california so it should be here before I know it.

...and this is why I decided on the chromium:

"Chromium Crusher is the newest grinder brand in the market. It is the ONLY non-aluminum grinder. The metal alloy making up the Chromium Crusher grinder is much stronger a far superior compared to aluminum. Zinc and steel (These 2 metal are much heavier than aluminum) are forged together under extreme heat to produce the highest quality metal alloy. The heavier weight of the grinder feels great in your hand. Its quality is the finest among grinders. The outside finish/coating of Chromium Crusher is UNIQUE. It is the only metallic black chrome polished grinder in the market. The texture of the grinder is different from other grinders. You can distinguish a Chromium Crusher from other grinders by touching and feeling it with your hands. The special coating minimized scratch and wear & tear on the grinder over-time. It will keep the grinder new and shinny for a very long period of time."

chromium ftw!!!

8. The best is a space case. It's around $70 but it's top of the line. Sharpstone, Chromium Crusher, etc. are good too. I would get the Chromium Crusher since it would be free. I think as long as it's a 4 piece metal grinder you can't really go wrong. I have a "killer" brand grinder that I got for $25 because it was cheap, metal, and looked cool (black with a red ak47 on it lol). Works just fine, no paint peeling or metal flakes in my weed.

9. #49 SmokeSomeHash, Jun 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2009
    When it really comes down to it most grinders deliver the same end result. Spending more money for something fancy is not going to get you better grinded bud.

In my years I have had experience with many different grinders, and even worked at a local headshop. I have owned 4 piece plastic kief grinders, wooden grinders, metal grinders, etc.

The most consistent grind I ever got was out of a ten buck generic wood grinder with a LOT of straight pin teeth, but im sure you're looking for something a little better than wood.

In terms of metal kiefers, I have used everything from generics to the spacecase and almost everything in between. A friend of mine has two cromium crushers, and another owns a sharpstone and a sweetleaf. They're all about the same. The only difference in how itll grind is the teeth, and most grinders have very similar designs. The Space Cases are cool but way too expensive for me. (Personally I feel that they are way too light as well to be sturdy enough to withstand a fall onto a concrete floor or anything)

I personally own a DIAMOND GRIND. I feel it has everything I need in a grinder, has a good weight, and gets a good consistent grind.

When looking for a grinder just make sure that the compartment that holds the bud has the threads on the outside that way no keif gets stuck in there (falling into the compartment below instead). Other things you might want to look for are the teflon rings companies are putting on the 2nd piece on top (the one with the stationary teeth). The teflon ring prevents metal on metal grinding from happening when you put a lot of pressure down while grinding your herbs. This can be very useful as I have seen a couple cromium crushers have all the paint (or whatever it is) chip off, starting from there. The screen matters of course, just make sure the holes are not TOO big, but then again thats your preference of how you want your kief. I personally prefer grinders with the thinnest screens.

I have a generic 4 piece kiefer that I bought on ebay after shopping around, and I have my medium sized Diamond Grind I mentioned earlier. All in all theyre both the same shit. The only difference is my DIAMOND GRIND is powder coated and what not so it looks all fancy.

After all that, just get whatever you like. The end result is pretty much going to be the same. Just gotta decide if you want something simple, or something to show off. :p

As a last word, to anyone who is going to go the fancy route and dish out the extra cash for a fancy grinder (especially the powder coated ones that are colored such as all the DIAMOND GRIND's).

If your grinder comes with a little pouch for it, dont be cheap and not use it.
    I bought my DIAMOND GRIND over a year ago for 65 bucks (too pricey if you ask me) and to this day it looks as good as the day i bought it. A friend of mine who owns a Cromium Crusher just does not use his case at all and just throws it in his drawers. It was cool at first but now the paints all chipped off and the sides are all scratched up; it looks worse than some crappy generic grinders just because of its condition. Just because a grinder is 100 bucks does not mean it's high quality and can withstand anything. Some say paying that much is a waste of money, but if you dish out the cash, use the pouch, and take care of your grinder, then you can have a brand new looking name brand grinder for years to come.

No use in spending money on a name brand grinder if youre just going to scratch off the name.

Either way, remember that the only "BEST" grinder, is the one that YOU like the most.

End rant.;)

10. #50 lwien, Jun 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2009
    Resurrecting 6 month old threads?

This horse has been beaten to death already.

Between what was said in this post, as well as all the subsequent ones on grinders, I think all the basses were already covered, no?

11. oops didnt check the date.

couldnt resist putting in my two cents though.:wave:

12. 2 pc Titanium Space Case - cuts the absolute best, super smooth action, and non-stcick. Two-piece is so much better than a 4 pc because you can grind your bud as fine (or not) as you want, it doesn't lose a fuck ton of kief in the joints, and your buds don't get stuck in the little holes. As for kief...

Wicca Box, double screened A pollen box is one of the best investments that you can make. I get more kief than I can non-wastfully smoke. Plus, with two screens, you get two different grades of kief, which is pretty tight.

13. Chromium Crusher go with them i love mine

14. Never buy a Mix N' Ball grinder. The company that distributes them is a lousy company. When I bought from them, they didn't even bother to fulfill my order and ship the grinder.

15. i highly recommend a sharpstone quality for price, i haven't been disappointed yet. But if you want to invest in a extremely quality grinder, get a spacecase

16. I have a space case and it's the best grinder I've ever seen

17. i've been smoking for many years now and never used a grinder, always broke everything up by hand. so let me ask this, do these grinders actually catch alot of kief? if so i might just convert.

18. ha, i just use an acrylic one. I never really cared to get a good one, I always smoke bowls.

19. #59 snooppwn, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2011
    I prefer Kannastor over any type of grinder. It's cheaper than a spacecase and about the same price as a mendo mulcher. I prefer Kannastor because of a solid construction over all. They are meant for kitchen use. For example, crushing up any type of material such as beans, nuts etc. They have durable and sharp teeth, let alone strong teeth. If they can tear up nuts, you would have to imagine what they can do to bud. Amazing. I love the classic silver construction, however you have a choice of a clear black top or solid black top. It's different and way better than any other grinder. And to top it off, it comes with an extra screen just in case something happens to the first one. Overall I have to give it a perfect score. Better than a fancy space case or mendo mulcher. They just popular brand names. I'm not big on big brand names because people just buy them for that reason. Another reason why I like kannastor grinders is because they have a deep storage/place where the bud falls through and can hold a lot. In addition, it has a guitar pick as a kief scraper which i think is unique. The triangle in the space case is pretty cool also. I'm not dissing the space case or mendo mulcher, just recommending kannastor. If you have any questions, just let me know. Glad I can help

20. I've got a 4 part spyral grinder.

Spyral Crystal Catcher Grinder - Purple| Buy with Ali Bongo

Works really well, cuts the green finely, has a super smooth action, has the best grips and looks awesome.
    i have the 40 mm one, which is good for being portable but i would like to have the 50 mm one.
    the Mix n ball ones do look sick though