Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Grasscity.com 420 Sale - 25% Discount

How many Plants can you really grow under 400 watt hps?

• Please log in to reply

707north

707north

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Any experts on this subject. I've heard hundred watts per plant. my buddie that I talk to online said he grows 30 plants under a 1000 watt with great results.

TBuds

TBuds

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,099 posts
A 400w covers about a 3x3 area. i have managed 4 uncut 6 ft trees. Now i sog and this run i'am Scrog n. Sog i run mayb 10,growing tree's is'nt much fun anymore,too many leaves and wasted energy. now i concentrate on only bud sites. Running Kalichakra and Blue mystic clones now, the chakra clones 4 exsample grow 3'. i get 1 to 2 oz and hav mayb 10 fan leaves=equals 1 fat bud. I think min is 2,000 lumens :smoking:per sq ft

gettintall

gettintall

• Registered Upgraded
  • 204 posts
all I have is 400 mh,and I will do between 9-12 buckets beneath,I usually do 2 plants per bucket,I grow main cola style strains,it works pretty well for me,but you have to do alot of moving of buckets to keep every1 happy.I do a short veg 20 days and flower according to strain.Here is an AK-48 took 83 days from seed.

Attached Thumbnails

• jssm_100_0614.jpg

A Red Sharpie

A Red Sharpie

noob

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
i wouldnt go anymore then 4 full size plants

707north

707north

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

all I have is 400 mh,and I will do between 9-12 buckets beneath,I usually do 2 plants per bucket,I grow main cola style strains,it works pretty well for me,but you have to do alot of moving of buckets to keep every1 happy.I do a short veg 20 days and flower according to strain.Here is an AK-48 took 83 days from seed.

That's some nice looking Ganja my friend.

thosevacanteyes

thosevacanteyes

Hillside Hippie

• Bronze Member
  • 2,562 posts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users