Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Where is the safest state to grow marijuana?

• Please log in to reply

grief

grief

^_^

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
this is my first post, so please excuse me if i have poor forum etiquette.

my girlfriend and i have recently decided we want to move. we're both heavy tokers and we would prefer to be able to grow our own stuff eventually; which states are harvest friendly? i might consider trying to get a licene for medical marijuana but is it difficult to get a license?

thanks in advanced! :)

MariettaMaN

MariettaMaN

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
In cali you can get a license easy as pie(anyone can)... Cali is bar none the best place to grow and smoke...

Rauchen

Rauchen

• Registered Upgraded
  • 208 posts
Well depending on where you live, the closet medical marijuana state is the best choice. I would personally go to Cali if I were you.

grief

grief

^_^

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
California would be great except for the high cost of living.

I really don't think we would have the money by then to move there by then.

Anywhere else somewhat decent?

overgrowray

overgrowray

Thread Killa

• Old School
  • 7,561 posts
canada

well were do you live now? theres a few states with more relaxed laws, go to norml.org and check it out.

IAkb

IAkb

• Registered Upgraded
  • 125 posts
I would say go to a small town in the midwest or somewhere, get a normal job, grow a shit load of dank and make some money. Not too many cops in a small town, noones gonna suspect your growing bud in some small ass town and the cost of living is cheap as fuck. Move out once you make more $$.

enjoychris

enjoychris

• Registered Upgraded
  • 334 posts
Alaska. Its huge and suns out allot! Cali is also great, but it vaireys. If you move to SoCal your probally have to have an indoor grow. NorCal on the otherhand is just great for outdoors with all the green.

picklebarrel

picklebarrel

• Registered Upgraded
  • 119 posts
Cali or Oregon

Guest_Duckhead_*

Guest_Duckhead_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

I would say go to a small town in the midwest or somewhere, get a normal job, grow a shit load of dank and make some money. Not too many cops in a small town, noones gonna suspect your growing bud in some small ass town and the cost of living is cheap as fuck. Move out once you make more $$.

HaHaHa LOL .... the OP is from Peoria Illinois .... He already lives in a small midwest town !!!

To answer the OP .... without a doubt the best,easiest, and safest state to grow is California, but you are correct that its expensive. For what its worth NorCal tends to be less expensive than SoCal. Emerald Triangle area (Humboldt, Trinity, and Mendocino counties) is still more expensive than Illinois will be, but its way cheaper than L.A or the Bay area.

Edited by Duckhead, 23 December 2008 - 07:41 AM.

Jimi Thing

Jimi Thing

Fear and Loathing

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,642 posts
Move to Canada man.

tyrone biggums

tyrone biggums

drug farmer

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,744 posts
I'd say cali, oregon or colorado.
all have super danks buds and super dank local strains but cali has a massive scene.

BlackFlaggin

BlackFlaggin

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 255 posts

HaHaHa LOL .... the OP is from Peoria Illinois .... He already lives in a small midwest town !!!

To answer the OP .... without a doubt the best,easiest, and safest state to grow is California, but you are correct that its expensive. For what its worth NorCal tends to be less expensive than SoCal. Emerald Triangle area (Humboldt, Trinity, and Mendocino counties) is still more expensive than Illinois will be, but its way cheaper than L.A or the Bay area.

How much are the houses man? How much money do you need to make in order to live life comfortably? In CA i mean.:smoking::wave:

enjoychris

enjoychris

• Registered Upgraded
  • 334 posts

How much are the houses man? How much money do you need to make in order to live life comfortably? In CA i mean.:smoking::wave:

Lets just say If I sold my house and moved to Michigan. The house I would get would be like 3 times the size.

thugalug

thugalug

• Registered Upgraded
  • 260 posts
Born and raised outta Burnaby BC, Canada. By far the best and easiest place to grow and smoke. Currently residing in Washington State, and it is fairly tolerant towards growing and smoking. gl

Bonovro

Bonovro

2 Year Toker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 319 posts
Canada man, British Columbia is full of grow ops

Guest_godsherb420_*

Guest_godsherb420_*
Alaska. I'm pretty sure it's legal to own up to 12 plants (or something like that?) and up to 4 ounces... I think. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've read this on a few different web sites.

Acid Raindrops

Acid Raindrops

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,935 posts

Canada man, British Columbia is full of grow ops

Wouldn't you think that is a bad thing? If you know there is a lot of grow ops in a place, then I'm sure the government does too meaning more helicopter spottings, infrared heat trackings, spectrum anaylzing, pollen tracking..etc.
Now if you move to a place where you never hear about growing, the government isn't going to have invested in that kind of time and equipment.

Guest_Duckhead_*

Guest_Duckhead_*

Between: Deposits, Rent, Electric, and Set Up Costs .... I'd say that you need at least $25k cash before moving to Cali and setting up a scene.

I moved to Cali few years ago with $30k in my pocket and ran that wad down to $100 in 4 months .... but by then it was harvest time and all was well.

chiefton8

chiefton8

Boofmaster

• Bronze Member
  • 3,561 posts

c20h25n3oIsGood

c20h25n3oIsGood

what should i put here?

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,704 posts

Wouldn't you think that is a bad thing? If you know there is a lot of grow ops in a place, then I'm sure the government does too meaning more helicopter spottings, infrared heat trackings, spectrum anaylzing, pollen tracking..etc.
Now if you move to a place where you never hear about growing, the government isn't going to have invested in that kind of time and equipment.

you fail to recognize that their government doesn't do that stuff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users