Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

What kind of fan should I use?

• Please log in to reply

overgrowray

overgrowray

Thread Killa

• Old School
  • 7,561 posts
I'm building a set up for a friend, i should of had it done a while ago but i been slacking so much. I'm going to buy cabinets from homedepot, instead of building a room so it will be somewhat portable incase something comse up and it needs to be moved asap.

There will be two cabinets (one for moms/clones and one for flowering). Will be using a 400 watt HPS(open reflector, not air cooled) for flowering and CFLs for the moms/clones.

Right now i'm worried about the flowering cabinet. I still haven't figured out which one i want. The first one i was looking at is 35WX18DX75H.

But i found one thats 71 3/4 in. High x 48 in. Wide x 20 1/2 in. Deep. And its $60 cheaper.

So my question is, if i use one of these cabinets what kind of fan will i need? Can i still use pc fans or do i need them expense big ones?

I've never used anything bigger than a pc fan. I don't know much about venting and odor control, i never worried about it but my friend is. I was planning on making a carbon filter. But if i have to use a big fan i think i'm going to buy one with a filter.

Also i'm looking at a cabinet for mom/clones, its 34-3/4 In. High x 24 In. Wide x 15 1/4 In. Deep. Think thats big enough?

Heres pics of the cabinets.

overgrowray

overgrowray

Thread Killa

• Old School
  • 7,561 posts
I found a tube at http://www.specialty...com/904317.html that i could prob use for my 400. But i was planning on moving up to a 600watt, so i prob shouldn't waste my money upgrading my 400. Its just a idea.

also what do you guys think of this Digital Humidity Gauge?
http://www.achooalle...miditygauge.asp

sashiva

sashiva

• Registered Upgraded
  • 131 posts
considering how enclosed that area is and how that wattage is the same thing as mr.green's from "i grow chronic" im gonna suggest that you get what he got and get a squirrel cage fan and rig that shit up to a carbon filter

ricard0

ricard0

What a maroon

• Bronze Member
  • 1,494 posts

Edited by ricard0, 23 December 2008 - 09:55 AM.

overgrowray

overgrowray

Thread Killa

• Old School
  • 7,561 posts
Thank you, I will take your advice.

Yea i just gotta bite the bullet and spend more money that i don't have, lol. I'll find a way.

ricard0

ricard0

What a maroon

• Bronze Member
  • 1,494 posts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users