Joint crutches

• by Pallando
  • Dec 21 2008 07:12 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • Please log in to reply

Poll: Crutch? (0 member(s) have cast votes)

Crutch?

1. Crutch. (66 votes [70.97%])

Percentage of vote: 70.97%

2. No crutch. (27 votes [29.03%])

Percentage of vote: 29.03%

Vote Guests cannot vote

• PipPip
  • Pallando
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 07:12 PM

So for the past few years I've always used a roach/crutch when rolling my joints, and its worked great. I'd never burn my fingers or have to use a clip, I could just flick it when it got to the paper and be done. The tip would also not get soggy as fast since there was a greater density of paper.

But recently I've started to roll without them, mostly out of laziness since it seems to add more time and steps to the process, and honestly, for some reason I'm starting to prefer them crutchless. I cant explain it, it just feels right.

So, Grasscity, crutch or no crutch? Why?
Replies (13)

Similar Topics: Joint crutches     x

• *Nor Cal*

• Heavy_nutz
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 993 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 07:15 PM

Crutch. Just keeps my joint looking nice and clean. None of my dank falls out when I have a crutch. And it doesnt burn my fingers as much

• Chillin' since 1989

• PipPipPip
  • chronicM89
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 07:16 PM

i've heard people refer to a joint filter with several different slang terms, but i've never heard it called a crutch. i guess it's all regional, though.

I prefer to put a small crutch in almost all of my joints and blunts. another positive to a filter is if you're rolling with very dry shake, you don't have to worry about having weed pour out of the joint/blunt into your mouth.

everyone has their technique, and my technique includes the filter

• PipPip
  • Pallando
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 07:22 PM

i've heard people refer to a joint filter with several different slang terms, but i've never heard it called a crutch. i guess it's all regional, though.

So've I. Filter, roach, and crutch are the most common around here. I prefer crutch since filter is a misnomer as it doesn't exactly filter anything, and I personally think of roaches as the remaining part of a joint after its been smoked.

• xxBURT0Nxx
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 501 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 07:27 PM

I personally prefer crutches. I hate when multiple people are smoking off a blunt and the roller doesn't take 20 seconds to tear a crutch and stick it in. Blunts get way too soggy in most cases, plus no weed falls out, idk I just think a crutch is the best way to smoke any blunt/joint

• Guest_Miguel420_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 21 December 2008 - 07:27 PM

Called roaches round here, I never roll without one. It allows you to burn it right to the bottom without the cherry being right on your lips. I might try "crutchless" just for the experience.

• Word...Life

• Dickie4:20
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 4,991 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 07:29 PM

Most of the time no crutch. Sometimes there nice though.

• Humanist

• Smokin*Buddah
  • Bronze Member
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 07:29 PM

I'm unable to vote, it really matters on the buds i have at the time, if really dry i will filter if not i'll roll it from end to end like a ciggy

• PipPipPip
  • Canadiansmoker
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 08:12 PM

I always use a roach every time just the way i learned how to roll.

• Toke it up man!

• Mr. Bunglesmith
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 08:58 PM

Crutch. Just keeps my joint looking nice and clean. None of my dank falls out when I have a crutch. And it doesnt burn my fingers as much

What he said.

I roll with a crutch cause it keeps it from sealing shut when its all wet and lippy, and it keeps that resinated dank at the end from getting all over my lips.

You can also smoke all the weed you put into it, rather than tossing the roach, along with that last bit of sweet, sweet ganja.

• Professional Smot Poker

• PipPipPip
  • DeliciousHerb
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:03 PM

Always use a roach. Saves weed and I never burn my fingers or lips. Plus no doobie snacks either

• Psychonaut

• Iluvatar
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:04 PM

I like filters on joints, but not blunts

• PipPip
  • Pallando
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:07 PM

I like filters on joints, but not blunts

I think blunts are thick enough to not require them.

Dig the name, by the way.

• PipPipPip
  • 4twentyfour20
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:16 PM

I only roll joints with
A) Mids or commercial

or

B) not my shit

Personally, a joint is not used alot around here because you can get high with half the quantity.

People around here, if rolling anything, roll blunts.

I myself prefer to hit the bong or smoke a bowl. Unless I have mids or commercial cause then I have more quantity.

As for filters , hells nah. I roll a fat spliff with no filter and smoke until its puny and then throw it in the bowl.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 1999 - 2015 420Network BV | All rights reserved