Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Joint crutches

• Please log in to reply

Poll: Crutch? (0 member(s) have cast votes)

Crutch?

1. Crutch. (66 votes [70.97%])

Percentage of vote: 70.97%

2. No crutch. (27 votes [29.03%])

Percentage of vote: 29.03%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Pallando

Pallando

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
So for the past few years I've always used a roach/crutch when rolling my joints, and its worked great. I'd never burn my fingers or have to use a clip, I could just flick it when it got to the paper and be done. The tip would also not get soggy as fast since there was a greater density of paper.

But recently I've started to roll without them, mostly out of laziness since it seems to add more time and steps to the process, and honestly, for some reason I'm starting to prefer them crutchless. I cant explain it, it just feels right.

So, Grasscity, crutch or no crutch? Why?

Heavy_nutz

Heavy_nutz

*Nor Cal*

• Registered Upgraded
  • 993 posts
Crutch. Just keeps my joint looking nice and clean. None of my dank falls out when I have a crutch. And it doesnt burn my fingers as much

chronicM89

chronicM89

Chillin' since 1989

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
i've heard people refer to a joint filter with several different slang terms, but i've never heard it called a crutch. i guess it's all regional, though.

I prefer to put a small crutch in almost all of my joints and blunts. another positive to a filter is if you're rolling with very dry shake, you don't have to worry about having weed pour out of the joint/blunt into your mouth.

everyone has their technique, and my technique includes the filter

Pallando

Pallando

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

i've heard people refer to a joint filter with several different slang terms, but i've never heard it called a crutch. i guess it's all regional, though.

So've I. Filter, roach, and crutch are the most common around here. I prefer crutch since filter is a misnomer as it doesn't exactly filter anything, and I personally think of roaches as the remaining part of a joint after its been smoked.

xxBURT0Nxx

xxBURT0Nxx

• Registered Upgraded
  • 501 posts
I personally prefer crutches. I hate when multiple people are smoking off a blunt and the roller doesn't take 20 seconds to tear a crutch and stick it in. Blunts get way too soggy in most cases, plus no weed falls out, idk I just think a crutch is the best way to smoke any blunt/joint

Guest_Miguel420_*

Guest_Miguel420_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
Called roaches round here, I never roll without one. It allows you to burn it right to the bottom without the cherry being right on your lips. I might try "crutchless" just for the experience.

Dickie4:20

Dickie4:20

Word...Life

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,990 posts
Most of the time no crutch. Sometimes there nice though.

Smokin*Buddah

Smokin*Buddah

Humanist

• Bronze Member
  • 1,247 posts

Canadiansmoker

Canadiansmoker

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
I always use a roach every time just the way i learned how to roll.

Mr. Bunglesmith

Mr. Bunglesmith

Toke it up man!

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,486 posts

Crutch. Just keeps my joint looking nice and clean. None of my dank falls out when I have a crutch. And it doesnt burn my fingers as much

What he said.

I roll with a crutch cause it keeps it from sealing shut when its all wet and lippy, and it keeps that resinated dank at the end from getting all over my lips.

You can also smoke all the weed you put into it, rather than tossing the roach, along with that last bit of sweet, sweet ganja.

DeliciousHerb

DeliciousHerb

Professional Smot Poker

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
Always use a roach. Saves weed and I never burn my fingers or lips. Plus no doobie snacks either

Iluvatar

Iluvatar

Psychonaut

• Registered Upgraded
  • 7,199 posts
I like filters on joints, but not blunts

Pallando

Pallando

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

I like filters on joints, but not blunts

I think blunts are thick enough to not require them.

Dig the name, by the way.

4twentyfour20

4twentyfour20

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
I only roll joints with
A) Mids or commercial

or

B) not my shit

Personally, a joint is not used alot around here because you can get high with half the quantity.

People around here, if rolling anything, roll blunts.

I myself prefer to hit the bong or smoke a bowl. Unless I have mids or commercial cause then I have more quantity.

As for filters , hells nah. I roll a fat spliff with no filter and smoke until its puny and then throw it in the bowl.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users