Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Most Efficient Way to Get Stoned and Lower Tolerance

• Please log in to reply

johnnyheck

johnnyheck

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
I've been smoking for about 6 years. I've found that weed is more effective when taken in through my methods. I've gotten about 3 of my buddies to successfully lower their tolerances and smoke more efficiently. I strongly recommend going on a one week water-drinking binge without chronic before starting this. You don't have to but it really brought back my highs and was absolutely worth the wait. Lemme know if these tips work for you.

1. Your Smoking Spot: This should be a spot you find to be relaxing. Keep it as clean as possible to avoid discomfort and potential distractions. Your focus should only be on you, your buddies and the weed, not that hamper full of nasty work clothes and a stack of dirty dishes on your table. Try to smoke with a few good friends, too. It's always fun to have someone to bounce stupid stoner ideas off of.

2. Your Schedule: Maintain a smoking schedule. I smoke a small bowl as soon as I wake up, a few after work and a few more before bed. Try to give yourself a chance to sober up before your next sesh. Don't deviate from your schedule too much. If you smoke any time you can, your highs are probably pretty dull and routine. Look forward to your next session instead of breaking down and having one on impulse.

3. Chores: Get em done. If you have a chore list, it'll be much easier and faster to do it sober and it will seem like less of a hassle. Get all your housework out of the way so you can sit back and relax without having to dread getting up to get stuff done. "Do what you have to do so you can do what you want to do."

4. Food & Hydration: Eat before you smoke. I have seen people smoke their asses off then wonder why they aren't high after eating a full box of cheerios. Eat enough so you aren't hungry before hand and the munchies will go away. Still feel free to munch lightly after smoking, just don't stuff yourself. I find the more water I drink the better my high. It helps stimulate your metabolism and flushes your system.

5. Your Piece: I believe that the way you take in your smoke is almost as important as the quality of your green. I am a huge fan of waterfall bongs. They get me stoned in about 2 bowls, because of the blast of THC you get from each hit. I love joints and blunts, but I get the same buzz from a few Gs in my piece as I would from about 4-5 for few blunts. I find any form of a burner to be kinda boring when indoors, since there isn't any cool looking glass to look at, no variation and each hit is the same as the last. I do love driving around with a fatass blunt though. :smoking:

I hope this helps. I went from about 6g a day to about 3-4. It really doesn't seem like much, but my highs are so much more worth while and it really saves you money in the long-run. Any feedback is appreciated.
Stay High
-Johnny

Edit:: stonerboywonder brought up a good point. I make a new piece every week to mix it up a bit. Even if you just make a new bong for 6 weeks straight it helps to keep you from getting bored.

Edited by johnnyheck, 21 December 2008 - 09:46 PM.

Kraminator

Kraminator

• Registered Upgraded
  • 146 posts
nice suggestions, +rep

jasmine689

jasmine689

tickles my brain

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,516 posts
Cool, I'm glad I drink a ton of water.

jimaug87

jimaug87

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

I've been smoking for about 6 years. I've found that weed is more effective when taken in through my methods. I've gotten about 3 of my buddies to successfully lower their tolerances and smoke more efficiently. I strongly recommend going one week water-drinking binge without chronic before starting this. You don't have to but it really brought back my highs and was absolutely worth the wait. Lemme know if these tips work for you.

1. Your Smoking Spot: This should be a spot you find to be relaxing. Keep it as clean as possible to avoid discomfort and potential distractions. Your focus should only be on you, your buddies and the weed, not that hamper full of nasty work clothes and a stack of dirty dishes on your table. Try to smoke with a few good friends, too. It's always fun to have someone to bounce stupid stoner ideas off of.

2. Your Schedule: Maintain a smoking schedule. I smoke a small bowl as soon as I wake up, a few after work and a few more before bed. Try to give yourself a chance to sober up before your next sesh. Don't deviate from your schedule too much. If you smoke any time you can, your highs are probably pretty dull and routine. Look forward to your next session instead of breaking down and having one on impulse.

3. Chores: Get em done. If you have a chore list, it'll be much easier and faster to do it sober and it will seem like less of a hassle. Get all your housework out of the way so you can sit back and relax without having to dread getting up to get stuff done. "Do what you have to do so you can do what you want to do."

4. Food & Hydration: Eat before you smoke. I have seen people smoke their asses off then wonder why they aren't high after eating a full box of cheerios. Eat enough so you aren't hungry before hand and the munchies will go away. Still feel free to munch lightly after smoking, just don't stuff yourself. I find the more water I drink the better my high. It helps stimulate your metabolism and flushes your system.

5. Your Piece: I believe that the way you take in your smoke is almost as important as the quality of your green. I am a huge fan of waterfall bongs. They get me stoned in about 2 bowls, because of the blast of THC you get from each hit. I love joints and blunts, but I get the same buzz from a few Gs in my piece as I would from about 4-5 for few blunts. I find any form of a burner to be kinda boring when indoors, since there isn't any cool looking glass to look at, no variation and each hit is the same as the last. I do love driving around with a fatass blunt though. :smoking:

I hope this helps. I went from about 6g a day to about 3-4. It really doesn't seem like much, but my highs are so much more worth while and it really saves you money in the long-run. Any feedback is appreciated.
Stay High
-Johnny

First off my man, you smoke a ton. 8th a day? You have a bit of an expensive habit. I go thru my own 8th every 2 weeks or so.

1) As long as I have a comfy place to park the spot never really matters. A chill room is more important. Something that has posters or paint that generates ideas and conversation is always good.

2) My smoking is always spur of the moment, and i might give the schedule thing a try.

3) Smoking is always my reward. Once my obligations are filled, then I can smoke. Unless it's a nice day and we have some pool/yard work to do. I like to get blazed and work outside.

4) Water's always refreshing when you're smoking. You hit the nail on the head for eating. I ate before I smoked, and I still feel content. If I smoke when I'm hungry I turn into a bottomless pit.

5) Smoking different ways gets you a different high. Joints are for mellowing out, blunts get you stoned, bongs will knock you out, and you gotta use waterfalls and gravities with care. I like to smoke out of my pipe. When I burn a bowl in my pipe it just gets me uppity and high. I'm on my way out to a bar, and there's no way I'd be going out with I burned the same bowl thru my bong.

+rep for taking it on yourself to put together a report.

Flying Jew

Flying Jew

Flying High, Oh So High

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
you can also smoke poppers, they work really well for me, just instead of the tobacco just put a little nug in there instead, but yea, you basicly got it spot on. +rep

stonerboywonder

stonerboywonder

What are we talking about

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,348 posts
some good tips. I should try drinking more water and eating before I smoke because I always get the munchies and then it kills my high. I love all the different highs I get from different pieces and like to mix it up though. Lately I've been smoking nothing but my one hitter and it gives me a mad head rush but its probably the dank sativa bud I've been smoking.

johnnyheck

johnnyheck

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

some good tips. I should try drinking more water and eating before I smoke because I always get the munchies and then it kills my high. I love all the different highs I get from different pieces and like to mix it up though. Lately I've been smoking nothing but my one hitter and it gives me a mad head rush but its probably the dank sativa bud I've been smoking.

I live for the rush of one hitters :D

johnnyheck

johnnyheck

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

First off my man, you smoke a ton. 8th a day? You have a bit of an expensive habit. I go thru my own 8th every 2 weeks or so.

haha well think about it, thats about .5 g for my morning, and about 1.5 after work followed by my 10 o clock 2g sesh. usually i match my buddies after work so the quantities usually vary slightly. :smoking:

nicsye

nicsye

vape&glass&jays

• Registered Upgraded
  • 551 posts
or you could buy a vaporizer and cut your consumption down by like 60%. seeing how much you smoke, it would pay for itself in a few weeks probably. and you get just as high or higher, on waaaaay less weed.

stonerboywonder

stonerboywonder

What are we talking about

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,348 posts

I live for the rush of one hitters :D

its nice, and saves a lot of weed that way. no need to smoke a bowl when I can get ripped off 2 hits.

johnnyheck

johnnyheck

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

its nice, and saves a lot of weed that way. no need to smoke a bowl when I can get ripped off 2 hits.

ya thats true. i like that "whoaaa wtf" feeling :D

johnnyheck

johnnyheck

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

or you could buy a vaporizer and cut your consumption down by like 60%. seeing how much you smoke, it would pay for itself in a few weeks probably. and you get just as high or higher, on waaaaay less weed.

>____> i will have to look into those...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users