Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Diffuser/Ashcatcher/Perculator Questions

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by tripp_aop, Dec 16, 2008.

1. I should know the answers to these questions but I don't. I tried searching but I couldn't find much :p

Anywho back to the questions:

What does a diffuser do, and what are the benefits of having one?

What does an ashcatcher do, and what are the benefits of having one?

What does a Perculator do, and what are the benefits of having one?

2. [​IMG]

i dont feel like adding the a/c someone else expain it :p

3. Diffuser- Downstem of a bong with holes or slots at the base (the part that goes into the water). Diffuser's are better than regular downstems because the holes at the bottem increase airflow allowing for bigger and better hits.

Ashcatcher- Usually attached to the downstem or diffuser. This acts as another water filtration and basically catches the ash that pulls through. Keeps the bong clean and cools the smoke down.

Perculator- basically an additional water chamber found in the main shaft of the bong tube. Several companies use different designs, but they all focus on more water to smoke interaction, making for a better filtered and cooler hit.

4. also, diffusers make it so smaller bubbles of smoke are formed thorugh the water, therefore increasing the surface area of the smoke and allowing it to cool faster and more efficiently.

ashcatchers (aka pre-cooler), yeah. pretty much another chamber of water to cool and filter the smoke.

:smoke:

5. ashcatchers also prevent ash from entering your bong so it's a shitload easier to keep clean

6. cheers for your replies GC

The only thing i don't get is how small holes allow for bigger hits? caus if u didnt have holes wouldnt that leave 1 big hole and less resistance therefore using less air and then allowing for a bigger hit?

7. It's not that the holes allow more smoke through making the hit bigger, it's that the holes break the smoke up into smaller individual smoke "bubbles" thus making each hit smoother, allowing you to take bigger rips.

8. Its still the same amount of smoke, its just it splits it up, so it touches more of the water, which cools down the smoke more.

9. oh ok cheers for the replies grasscity