Mucinex

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Dexes, Dec 14, 2008.

1. #1 Dexes, Dec 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2008
    Well I did DXM Mucinex DM Max to be exact before but fell asleep bored waiting for the trip to start. I took 7; 420mg of DXM in total about 1:30 ago and I'm only minorly starting to feel it. I ate a meal so will I still trip hard or should I take more and how long does it take to kick in. Thanks :smoking:
    Edit: Will eating a lot make me not trip?

2. You should feel 420mg of dxm. I personally wouldn't take anymore

3. Guaifenesin is bad for you, eat Robitussin gels

4. Its been about 2 hours since I've taken 420mg on a full stomach, I very mildly feel it, is that all I'm going to feel or will it pick up?

5. Sounds like you need more. It should've kicked in by now.

6. Dam, I'm out don't you just hate nights like this. I was excited too

7. DXM has many downfalls anyway. Its really not worth taking unless you get the pure stuff
    All those fillers...the antihistamine and aceteminophen(or whatever other drug, like ibuprofen or something) are bad for you at high dosage

8. Zicam Max is pretty close to pure dxm. Make sure to have a chaser drink and someone mentioned that Warhead candy soon as you chug the Zicam Max Spray.

9. #9 Five To One, Dec 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2008
    You should take it on an empty stomach but don't use MUCINEX!!! It has Guaifenesin which can be dangerous in high doses. Do research before putting shit like this in your body, please.

i have the same mucinex bottle in my house, and it says they are time release, you don't want that. Get the Robitussin gels which is only dxm...

10. Robo gels have sorbitol in it. Not dangerous but it will cause diarrhea if you take too much. Zicam Max has menthol. Not exactly pleasing either in a high dose. I find taking both would decrease the risk of overdoing Menthol or Sorbitol.

11. Thanks for all the advice guys. Its about 13 hours later since I've taken it and I still feel I woke up about 3 hours ago and felt very nauseated (sp?). I did two bottles of Robo gels once my first time and it was one of the best experiences I think I've ever had.