I want to try a new drug tonight.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Journeyman, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Define "safe".

2. MDMA can cause what is known as serotonin neurotoxicity with repeated use. This in turn can cause some serious neurological problems over time. There are dozens of well documented studies available on this and other ill effects. Basically, it fucks your brain up pretty damn good with repeated use. The whole myth that it's safe is promulgated by the people who make and sell it. Being honest would be bad for business after all!

3. I would like to see some links to studies that have been done that conclusively prove irreparable damage to serotonin axons in the brain directly resulting from the long-term or repeated use of MDMA.

There is one study that is especially popular with the "xtc puts mad holes in your brain, bro!" crowd. I believe this was also the study referenced by the DEA during their bid to add MDMA to the emergency schedule list. It consisted of injecting baboons with extremely high amounts of MDMA. The immediate effects of extreme damage to serotonin axons in the brain was obviously noted. However, a few weeks after the study went to print in a medical journal, the researcher who conducted the study realized he made an error with the substance in question and accidentally injected methamphetamine instead of MDMA into the test subjects. He retracted his study, but it was too late, the damage was already done (pun intended, lol).

Even so, the manner in which nearly all of these studies which seek to prove irreparable brain damage due to drug use is performed consists of the following: inject lab animals with extremely high amounts of wholly pure recreational drugs, deprive them of food and sleep and the like, repeat injection of high amounts of chemicals into brains of test subjects, repeat, repeat.

Now, just because some rhesus monkeys in a lab exhibited permanent brain irregularities because they were injected with a few hundred milligrams of MDMA/any substance for prolonged periods of time under lab conditions specifically designed to rape the shit out of these animals' minds, does not mean that because you eat ecstasy pills a few times a week for a few weeks, or a few times a month for a few months, your brain is going to become irreparably damaged. Until the recreational use of MDMA/any other chemical can be proven to cause irreparable brain abnormalities under average recreational use conditions, then most of this hype about how horrible certain drugs are is just that: hype.

Don't get me wrong, any jackass with common sense should know that taking MDMA/street ecstasy pills multiple times a week, every week, for multiple months on end is not exactly a decision made with the ultimate well-being of your mind and body in mind. It's all about finding yourself a nice balance, while being able to realize the risks that do exist, and take the necessary precautions to minimize/neutralize those risks.

4. Go with the E definitley
    maybe some bars if you've never tried those

5. Haha. Cough medicine is the shit everyone was doing when they're 15 and in middle school. You kept doing it 0_o ? That sucks for you dude. Maybe I wouldnt think you have no taste/concept of good feelings/intelligence if you didnt think doing a lot of DXM was a good idea. Please dont tell people to take DXM. ITs a TERRIBLE drug and causes TERRIBLE trips and bad highs for 80% of the people that take it.