• 9 Replies
  • Please log in to reply
  • _legalize it.

• PipPipPip
  • andresisherex
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:03 AM

I had a fuckin ride with that shit...Okay so I had ACL surgery on my knee last thursday and and i was advised not to smoke weed at least a week before. I couldn't help myself so i smoked 3 days before surgery. So My surgery was kinda simple and I was suppsed to leave the hospital 2 hours after surgery. But instead, when i woke up..my blood pressure went up dramatically and i went into shock. So i wake up another 5 hours later with wires and tubes all up in me. So I actually just got out of the hospital yesterday..so whatever you do, don't smoke before major surgery..i regret it.
Replies (9)

• Banned

• Bencker
  • Banned by Moderators
  • 3,280 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:10 AM

Yeah that's good that you learned your lesson, when doctors tell you something you don't fuck around.

• pussy overlord

• Bliss junkie
  • Gold Member
  • 6,825 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:10 PM

i didnt know that.
why does it affect surgery so much?

• burning soul

• smoke2joints96
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 02:52 PM

probably because it raises your blood pressure

• To rule them all....

• JuanRing
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 6,782 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 06:40 PM

I dunno about you but when I was 15 I had surgery on my knee to remove bone chips(harsh sports injury, long story). Now, the anesthesia guy asked me if I smoked weed. I said no even though i had smoked 2 days before the surgery, since I didn't want my parents to find out.

I was totally fine, maybe it was because i was young and healthy(still am) but i doubt you're over 30 if you're on GC.

• My smile goes for miles.

• PennLaxPlayer
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 07:02 PM

JuanRing.... In response to you're signature.... It's not all it's cracked up to be.:(

Always give correct medical info so you can sue later ,kids!

• Banned

• zombies.
  • Banned by Moderators
  • 190 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 07:53 PM

i think its jus you

i had all my wisdom teeth taken out ..

they put me to sleep .. i smoked on the way to surgery

• Warm Rush of Chemicals...

• theVirtuoso
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 8,740 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:00 PM

I believe it has something to do with acting as a blood thinner or something like that. Did they also tell you not to take any tylenol or things along those lines?

• _legalize it.

• PipPipPip
  • andresisherex
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:33 PM

Nah..they just warned me about the weed..I'm 18 so i thought nothing was gonna happen

• Divided Sky

• Thai_Sticks
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 768 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:48 PM

I've smoked the night before an early morning surgery (ate some benzo's too, not a blackout dose tho) and everything went fine.

I think what happened to you was a coincidence

EDIT: Thinking about this post, i just wanted to add that I do not condone this behavior, and regret the decision. And, tell your doctors EVERYTHING they might want to know. There is doctor-patient confidentiality, they cannot get you arrested or tell any parents/spouses/children about your answers.

Edited by Thai_Sticks, 09 December 2008 - 09:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 1999 - 2015 420Network BV | All rights reserved