High While Dreaming?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Typewritermonky, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Hey there, new poster. Last night I smoked at about two AM, because I had trouble sleeping. Normally if I take a few hits from a bowl, it puts me right to sleep. Well here is the story. I went to bed around 2 AM, and I heard that smoking before bed stops you from entering REM which allows you to remember your dreams. In my sleep I hit REM sleep, and I had a dream that I was high in. Is this possible? Is it linked to actually being high? Or was this just a one time occurence? Thanks, and sorry if this is the wrong section of the forum.

P.S: Was Purple Erkel.

2. #2 Cameron8679, Dec 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2008
    Anything is possible in that realm, son.

I'm no expert, but I can recall that we had this one assignment in high school where we had to record our dreams for a week; I couldn't remember any because I was so fucking high all the time, especially right before I went to sleep.

I doubt it; repeat the same process over again and verify on this.

3. man i always forget my dreams when im stoned.
    but when im drunk i seem to have pretty vivid dreams that i can remember

4. Jesus, that is so true. Vivid dreams of people flying above half-pipes on ropes and shit, including bitches in wheelchairs who could play some serious ball.

Disclaimer: I'm drunk, but I really did have such a dream when I was smashed and passed out. It was straight intense children, straight intense.

5. I don't know if this counts, but one time I dropped acid with my sister in a dream.

6. a dream is anything that u imagine
    its completely possible
    u werent actually high, u just think u were
    dreams can be fucking crazy
    lucid dreams are my favorite

7. This hasn't happened for a long time but back maybe a year ago when I had just started really getting into smoking and I had passed out a few times I had a couple dreams where I got too high and "passed out" in my dream. Hard to explain but it was actually kind of cool.

8. dreams are complicated. Some dreams can be so real and so intense that you remember every part of them, whether it be a good or bad experience. Others you cant remember anything at all. And then sometimes, rarely, (never has happened to me) you can control whats going on in your dreams.

Me personally, I find that being high then going to sleep has no appreciable effect on the way I dream, how much I remember, or what I dream about. Mostly being high then going to sleep just gives me a good nights sleep and I can fall to sleep a little quicker. I never remember most of my dreams anyway. Maybe I'm just un-enlightened like that.

I have had dreams in which I've smoked weed, but I cant tell (or remember) if I actually feel high or not.