Marijuana Sit In

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by SupremeBeam, Dec 9, 2008.

1. robots? Robots aren't a fucking living being. And your saying that a mentally handicapped person should be hunted because they are intellectually equal to a moose? For you to call someone a bigot is the most pot calling the kettle black thing i have ever fucking read. I hope your mother gets in a car accident and becomes mentally handicapped. Or your father fucking has a brain tumor and it fucks up his motor skills. Maybe once your out of fucking highschool you'll see that every person on this earth is an equal person to you. Your a fucking idiot if you think anything more of yourself because your smarter than someone else.

2. #42 MrGers, Dec 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2008
    yo whats with you and alan alda?

as for the sit in, in DC, shit would go down. they would just start arresting people, almost guaranteed. it might make a good statement, but it would be the same if we all went to washington and started burning flags or pulled out our wieners, its still illegal.

Also, why is this suddenly a medical marijuana sit in. i don't want medical marijuana legalized, i want all weed legalized! can we change that facebook event? on the basis of principle i won't do it unless it's to get all weed legalized. sorry thats just how i feel.

3. I'm down for sure.

4. im down lets do it

5. im in, shit I'll start walking now, watch CNN
    i'll be on there in a few days
    "a college student from atlanta was arrested today for smoking marijuana infront of the white house, the student wasn't availible for questioning but as he was being dragged away by police, he could be heard for blocks yelling 'OJ did it, we never landed on the moon, and walt disney is still alive!!' back to you ron..."

6. if your going to plan this fiesta, please please invite me..i need to use my frequent flyer miles..and what a great way to do so :p ....hmmm nvm..couldnt even get herb onto the plane...ROAD TRIP

7. #47 SupremeBeam, Dec 9, 2008
    dude if more people would grow a set and just be willing face the whatever they throw at you it would make a statement. Get enough people there and they wouldn't be able to do anything. Seriously if we did it peaceful and just sat indian style on the lawn the worst they could do would be to turn on the sprinklers maybe lol. that would ruin the joints.

I know this idea seems far fetched, but this is the perfect launch point for something of this scale. We need as many people as possible to join the cause. If we push hard enough we can get marijuana in general decriminalized up to an ounce nationwide. Whereas its tolerated, caught driving you get a ticket. They make their money. We also need to clarify that marijuana is a medicine and it needs to be fucking accepted. I want to make this or another topic a sticky and i want to get as many people involved. We will organize rides, we will get people into the fucking area and we will do this.

8. they probably got a permit or whatever to organize that shit, if not, a lot of people would be arrested

9. yeah but you cant arrest 10,000 people.

10. I am so down for this. Marijuana needs a million man march. Its HIGH time we did something about this shit.

11. If it is promoted as "bring your own joint day", it might scare some people away from going at all, but rather i think the better idea would be to get as many people there as possible...im sure everyone will be lighting up regardless.

Besides all that, I AM DOWN.

****They can throw the book at me as hard as they want, at least i'd be able to tell people i got arrested during the MOST influential marijuana protest movement in history.****

In all seriousness though, i got 5 bucks on us not putting our bongs down long enough to get this thing going.

12. #52 DavidH, Dec 9, 2008
    Just a few ideas, I like where you're going with this, hopefully you can keep it going!

A Facebook event is a good start, but a centralized website for EVERYOBDY would be better. You could even set it up for people who are willing to donate money but not time or freedom(potentially)

Also, what is the plan? Sit on the lawn, smoke a few joints and leave? Or are you down to sit there for as long as it takes? On the Facebook event it says 4:20-5 pm. That's not very long. If you're going to have an ending time, at least do it from 4:20-4:20, 12 or 24 hours.

Finally, you should try to get a strong network going. Find several people who are dedicated to this, who can help spread the word in the respective locales. You've got Philly, NY, NJ, Virginia, West Virginia, Cincinnati/Columbus/Cleveland, all within a few hours. If you could find someone to be a local contact for these areas, and get the ball rolling in their areas, you might be able to get this going for real.

Just what I think. I'm down to help however I can, and I'll be there on 4/20.

Edit-Also, you should stress that we invite ALL participation, not just smokers.

Edit2-We could possibly do something like 4m.org(as in Million Man Marijuana March) or sitinsmokeout.org. Something like that. Who knows, just spitballin'

13. my hero :love:

14. If i was bush the last thing id do as presedent would legalize weed. Id give a speech and quote dr dre. "my fellow americans......smoke weed every day"

Hed be instantly known as the greatest presedent ever even though he sucked

15. I live in Baltimore, hour outside DC so its no prob for me...
    If you start a facebook even for it, i say just make grass city the homepage for it..
    Maybe the admins could make a specific forum for the cause...
    Plus it'll bring in alot more people to the city and def boost up grasscity's business with all the new people...
    Just a thought

16. Yea haha that would almost completely negate all the ass-a-nine things he's done in the past 8 years.

This sounds like a really good idea.
    The best idea to spread the word would definitely be a website.

17. you can beat them up, shoot rubber bullets at them, tear gas, etc etc, and a lot can be arrested. the idea fails unless the government will allow you to do it, OR unless your actually trying to start riots. the latter is pointless because i dont believe that a high person will start a riot

18. im in it'd be mad fun.
    bring crappy weed just in case they start start sprinkling the protesters. haha

19. some great ideas going. anyone good with making a website would amazing if we put some time and effort into this. friends and i were discussing we need to get someone like willie nelson or another influencial celebrity, that would help bring the masses. I want everyone to get there ideas in here and we will seriously start a revolution. If shit fell apart i'll take the blame, atleast i went to jail for a real fucking cause.

20. With a strong GC following and a decent website to point people towards, you could easily make it into High Times.

But we have to start somewhere.