Marijuana Sit In

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by SupremeBeam, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Ok two ideas i just had. Mark Emery and Pot.Tv if we can get just an ad out or something we might be able to get a couple thousand stoners involved. Im telling you mang we can do something. Im not blow the proverbial smoke up your ass i want to get everyone i know involved in doing this.

2. figure out how many members are on here everyone tells 10 people that a hell of alot...

like ^he said if we could get this out we could do something

3. They have something very similair in boulder... lots of cops there but no one ever gets arrested.

4. that would be an excellent way for cops to test out the latest technology in crowd control. so in my opinion, this is a really bad idea. this might have been a good idea back before all this new technology... but all this will achieve is buzz kill in the highest form :/

5. You my friend are exactly why we as a counterculture spin our wheels. You'd rather smoke for today and not give a shit while people are out there dying of diseases that could be getting high and dealing with their day to day lives. I'm sorry other people need it more than it matters if i spend a night in jail. We will be breaking one law possessing a simple joint. good luck writing a 1000 or more possession tickets.:mad:

6. if it floats someones boat then they are indeed entitled to their rights.

7. Both man, why is it we always decide on someone gets more and someone gets less. Animals deserve to be treated fairly, but as far as "profoundly retarded" people they always deserve rights in this world. My aunt is mentally handicapped and i think she deserves every right i deserve. life is too short to start prioritizing groups of people, everyone deserves an equal right

8. well considering that most cops are nazis i would say stoners....

and this sounds like a terrific idea, to bad i live no where near d.c. haha

9. The Toronto Marijuana March is like this. Thousands of people gather in Queen's Park which is a major park near City Hall, light up, jam, and just generally chill out until there's a march through downtown. There's some speakers and stuff too. Marc Emery was there before and said something I loved. I'm very loosely paraphrasing, but it was something like: "Here we are in the thousands smoking marijuana. Imagine a similar event, with thousands of people drinking alcohol. It would be a violent, sloppy mess. Or thousands of self-loathing, miserable chain smokers."

Cops are there but they're just making sure nothing goes wrong. I know there's events like this elsewhere, and ya, it's Canada so it's definitely more lenient. But if you want that kind of experience, come up next year. It's quite the experience. :smoke:

10. nah bring cheap glass! if this even turned into only a few thousand protesters, where would they put all the confiscated glass? Think of how many environmental activists who would be up in arms to hear that The Government dumped several thousand pounds of broken glass.

11. im done arguing with the guy who wants to deny mentally handicapped their rights. But anyways, we could in theory get enough people there to ligitimately change something. Long shot i know but it would be epic.

12. damn id be down if I didnt live on the exact opposite of dc.
    Festivals and marches happen in san francisco all the time and everyone just smokes weed openly. its great. so i dont think your idea is too far fetched.

13. Go on myspace and facebook and make a group to start the cause...big ass social networking sites are the tool to get 100,000 stoners to do it...maybe write high times magazine if your serious too...anything to get the thought out there to people...word of mouth wont bring a huge turnout

14. Anyone want to help me with this idea. A dedicated stoner who wants to help change the world. I think we can get enough people if we try hard enough.

15. But when you talk about desctruction
    dont you know you can count me out

you know its gonna be alright
    alright alright

16. wow shut up

17. GC in DC... I like it.

your thread introduced the idea but now we need a lot more momentum. all of these people saying "count me in" or "HELL YEAH! LETS DO IT!" would probably laugh if you called them up on 4:20 4/20 and asked them to drive to DC. i love the enthusiasm and i would LOVE to see this happen, but for some reason, i dont think if i drive to DC in april, i wont see a single GC member.

if anyone is talking about really doing this shit. then LETS FUCKING DO SOMETHING for a change! we need a way to make this official.

dont talk about it unless you're willing to go to jail for more than a night. we are in the middle of another red-scare where we label anyone who takes action in groups a terrorist organization. FUCK THAT! WEED IS MEDICINE!

now let's sit on that lawn, and get SO high!

18. Yo thanks for writing that bro. Vapeking is a d bag no doubt. I love that no matter how far along we get in making strides in social acceptance, some fuck tard has to rear his head and make ignorant comments like whether or not chimps deserve more rights than fucking handicapped people. If i knew where you lived i'd punch you the face because I have a member of my family who is mentally handicapped. I could compare your mother to a cat in heat, as in the fact that both will let any dirty thing from the alley fuck them. but im better that.

19. #40 SupremeBeam, Dec 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2008
    YOU MY FRIEND JUST EARNED A GOLD STAR!
    [​IMG]

But seriously we need some way to make this official. I think we get website started. Contact high times/cannabis culture. ask to run an ad. emery would do it i think.

We've got a group and an event on facebook. Get involved. invite everyone you know

http://www.facebook.com/editevent.php?info&eid=38893368158#/event.php?eid=38893368158