Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

HOW TO: Make a Water Bottle Bong

• Please log in to reply

Guest_splifftime_*

Guest_splifftime_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
This is a simple guide for making a water bottle bong. I would recommend using this technique to avoid leaking bongs and for people that don't have access to certain bong making materials such as hot glue guns and wrench sockets.

Materials Needed:
1 Water Bottle (Plastic)
1 Pen
1 Highlighter (or larger pen)
1 Knife/Lighter
Tape (packaging tape is best)
Aluminum Foil (or bowl of your choice)

Ok, so here's what I did. Group shot of my materials, for some reason I forgot to put the knife in there, but just used a normal knife. I also forgot to put the aluminum foil in too.
Posted Image

Take the highlighter and pen apart:
Posted Image

Posted Image

You don't really have to do this part, but I just took a key and scraped off all the text and shit off the side of the pen and highlighter. I was high when I did this.
Posted Image

Tape the end of the pen with the larger opening. Don't cover the hole, this is just to make the diameter of the pen a little bigger so it fits snug in the highlighter.
Posted Image

Do the same thing to the downstem (highlighter):
Posted Image

Now the pen should fit in the highlighter very nicely. It should fit snug, also it should be airtight too. You can check this by inserting the pen, then sucking on the end of the highlighter. If you can completely stop airflow by covering the exposed end of the pen, its airtight. Pretty much common sense.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Now you should have this:
Posted Image

Now take a small piece of aluminum foil and fold it into a square.
Posted Image

This part may take a couple of tries. You have to fold it so it is in a cone or rose shape. The bottom of the rose must be small enough to fit inside the end of the pen, but also loose enough for air to flow through. It should end up looking something like this:
Posted Image

The Rose:
Posted Image

Posted Image

(You may not even have to do this.) Now if the aluminum foil rose doesn't fit into the pen snug, do this (tape around the pen and aluminum foil rose to make it airtight) :
Posted Image

Take your water bottle and cut (or burn) a hole into the side. Do this fairly high up the side so the bong won't leak out the hole. This hole is going to be for the downstem (highlighter) so make it slightly smaller than it.
Posted Image

Shove it in. Then tape any little holes so that its airtight.
Posted Image

Happy Toking! :smoke:
Posted Image

I hope this helps someone who had their first attempt at making a water bottle bong fail (leak all over their friend's GMC Envoy before school). Haha.