I recently purchased a Vapor Brothers vaporizer. I decided on getting the "hands free" model since it is only $15 more than the original. The Vapor Brothers "hands free" model runs $155.
I ordered the vap from http://www.vaporwarehouse.com/. I am not spamming. I am simply informing people where I purchased it from.
Vapor Warehouse = Great Business and Great Customer Service
1. They answered all of my questions within a matter of hours.
2. They were extremely helpful.
3. They shipped immediately after my payment was received.
4. They offer free shipping for orders of $50.
5. My order arrived within a matter of a few days.
6. They offer free wooden grinders if you enter the correct promotional code.
Vapor Brothers "Hands Free" Vaporizer
I was very pleased when I first opened the package. I ordered a few extra things such as: extra screens, a steel pick, and a 19mm bong adapter. I ordered the bong adapter so I could hook up the tubing to my ROOR. The items that came with the package were a bamboo pick, one steel screen, a "whip," tubing, an "aroma bulb," a package of a "revitalizing" herb mix (spearmint, etc.), a vial of some essential oils, an instruction manual, a mouth piece, and of course the vaporizer.
1. The "whip" or the glass loading device that attaches the vaporizer is very well made. It has the frosted glass that allows it to snugly attach to the heating element on the vaporizer; the fit was very tight and it didn't feel loose or anything of that nature.
2. The tubing was pretty simple. It was clear and very thick. It didn't have a particularly large inner diameter.
3. The mouth piece was pretty simple. It snugly fitted into the tubing. I did not try the mouth piece, because I was more interested in trying vaporizer with my ROOR.
Preparing the Vaporizer:
1. Very easy to use. I admittedly have never tried a vaporizer of any sort, but I was vaping in no time. I just followed the simple instructions in the manual and it worked perfectly.
2. All you have to do is plug the vaporizer in, turn the dial to the "12 o'clock" position, wait five minutes for it to heat up, load the "whip," hook up the mouthpiece or bong adapter, attach the whip to the heating element, pull and clear. That may sound like a lot of steps, but most of the work is just loading the whip.
3. Loading the whip is pretty easy too; simply spread a small portion of herb over the screen. Make sure the herb is evenly spread over the screen. I used the metal pick to load the herb onto the screen.
1. Also, very simple. All one has to do is take the loaded "whip" and fit it to the heating element. The whip and heating element both have frosted glass, which makes a nice fit.
2. After attaching the whip to the heating element, you immediantly start pulling.
3. Exhale. That is it.
1. As with all vaporizing devies, if offers an extremely efficient way to enjoy your herb. I used less than half of what I typically use to get ridiculously high.
2. No smoke, whatsoever. The particules you inhale are actual vapors. The vaporized weed smells really close to unbuttered, popped pop corn; it has a very different smell to it. I can't really describe it. My buddy, who was not high at the time, said that the smell only stayed for a second and it disappeared. He said the vaoprs were not like smoke, because once exhaled, the vapors just vanished. Honestly, the weed smelled more than the vapors did.
3. So smooth. Ever so smooth. Vaporizing is such a relaxing way to enjoy your herb. The first hit I took I could not tell I was inhaling vapors. Once I exhaled, I could feel the hit immediantly. It was wonderful.
4. Price. For $155, the Vapor Brothers Hands Free model is very affordable. It comes with everything you need and more. You can get a free grinder too. I picked up the bong adpater, which was well worth the money.
5. Cool factor. The vaporizer is very cool. When you turn it on by plugging it in and turning the dial, it lights up with blue and green LEDs. The LEDs light up the base of the vaporizor and the heating element.
Here is the heating element lit with the blue LEDs.
6. Size. I thought the vaporizer box would be large. It isn't. It is quite small. It is about 5-6" long, 4 " wide, and about 4" tall.
7. The number of hits. I got about 4 good hits off of a very small amount of weed. I was amazed.
8. Lungs. Last, but not least, as with all vaporizers, it is so easy on the lungs. Long time smokers should really consider getting a vaporizer for their health.
9. Quality. I do not know much about the different types of vaporizers, but I can definitely tell that the Vapor Brothers Hands Free vaporizer is well made. It has well made thick, glass parts and a smooth, attractive wooden casing.
10. If you are into accessories, Vapor Brothers offers plenty of colored mouth pieces, colored whips, tubing, water adapters, etc.
1. As with most vaporizers, except maybe the Volcano, there is some drag experience when taking a hit. I hooked the vaporizer up to my ROOR and I could feel the drag. I had to pull to get the weed vaped. I guess this drag is neccessary though, because this creates the pressure needed to pull the heat into the herb.
2. I wouldn't place kief directly onto the whip screen. Some of the kief might fall through the screen. You could put the ground up weed on the screen and then kief on the weed though.
3. Complex. If you are like me and you like gadgets this won't be a factor. If you just want to get high really fast and get going, the vaporizer will take a bit longer to use. The vaporizer doesn't take very long, but there are more parts to it then a joint. If you just want to sit back and enjoy a nice session, the vaporizer is perfect.
4. You have to have some sort of power source to use. It can plug into the wall or it can plug into a car if you have a car adapter.
1. I can honestly not find any reason to not use a vaporizer except if you are on the go or need a quick hit.
2. I have not tried it without my ROOR. I hooked the vaporizer up to the whip, the tubing to the whip, the tubing to a bong adpater, and the adapter to my ROOR. I used water and ice in my ROOR, which likely significantly increased the smoothness of the vapor.
3. I will be tesing the vaporizer without the ROOR tonight.
4. I will try to add some pictures of my setup tonight. I only have a camera phone, but I will try.
If you are in the market for a simple, affordable vaporizer, go with the Vapor Brothers Hands Free.
Edited by Mr. Jane, 06 December 2008 - 09:12 PM.