Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Loss of Appetite Unless High

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by BiG StroOnZ, Dec 2, 2008.

1. I cannot eat very much unless im high... what can i say. after you eat food high you learn it's the best way to eat. HIGH.

2. If you eat only when high, you're not going to want to eat when sober. Just try and control how much you eat and try to eat when sober and high so your body gets used to it.

3. I can't stand to eat without smoking I hate it now but I have plenty weed so its all good but I can't toke up in the morning due to my lame ass roommate so I just eat anyways and it almost makes me puke everytime but I have to eat a meal of I'll be dead by noon.

It really sucks but I do most of my eating around midnight (usually while high as fuck).

4. yeah i cant eat really unless i have a stoner induced appetite worked up .. i know exactly what you mean... hey at least it helps you lose weight lol..

5. This is what happens to me. I wake up starving, but I cant eat unless I smoke

6. I get the same thing, I have IBS and gastro perisis, where my stomach doesn't empty fast enough. Pair not wanting to eat because of that with a fast metabolism, and you get what I was, barely over 100 pounds all through high school. Wasn't until I found weed that I could actually eat, and I have actually reached my weight goal thanks to it. Four years of drs not knowing whats wrong with me and not being able to help and all I needed was the herb :cool:

I smoke a lot, regularly, ever since I discovered how much it helped, and I love to eat when I'm high. But I have noticed I HAVE to be high to be hungry now, but at the same time I don't mind it. The way I see it all I'm doing is taking the only meds that have ever helped me. It only sucks when I run out, cause then I won't eat more than a few bites a day. Legalize please!! :smoke:

7. people who dont eat all day are crazy, how do you guys do it? i cant go 4 hours without something to keep me going.

8. no.. im pretty much fat 24/7

9. It used to happen to me so i put yes in the poll...
    but not anymore...
    to stop this you gotta take a tea break at least a couple of days, depending on how much you smoke...
    and when u start back, decrease your intake to until your high...
    dont exceed that capacity to much, or you will be dependent on the herb for appetite...

i took a 5 day tea break, started back puffing slowly b'cuz i was sick....
    and now i still only chief 1-2 a day and smoke bowls, hold in smoke no more than 5 sec....

but for those who dont chief dank, hit joints or if you have to, blunts but go until you high and put it out...the more you exceed your highness capacity, it increases your tolerance, and
    makes your appetite dependent.

10. x2

(character limit)

11. i think the underlying reason for your loss of appetite is that your body is associating being high with being hungry.

Let me guess: you eat a lot when you are high and you mostly only eat when your high.

if this is the case what i stated above could be very true. What I would advise is just starting eating normal. Hungry or not have a good breakfast (maybe some egg whites with vegetables and bacon) although i would only recommend the bacon part once or twice a week. Eat lunch. and eat dinner. just try eating when your sober. Start a routine that way your body becomes accustomed to a certain eating pattern and will naturally want to eat at certain times.

12. I actually eat less when High, weird eh. And I really eat alot when I'm sober (I'm 6' 3" at 275lbs)

New weight-loss program in the making? Haha

But I have a friend who stopped smoking and for a few days noticed he wasn't eating as much.

13. my schedule:
    wake up
    coffee w/ cig
    take a MASSIVE booboo
    -dont eat breakfast-dont eat lunch-
    smoke after work or school
    eat a days worth of food
    go to bed feeling like im about to pop

actually after my last little break ive kept on a better balanced diet (regarding time, not food choice). i didnt feel like that schedule was too healthy.

14. After almost 3 years of every day smoking and another 4years of smoking socially3-4 times a week it is very hard for me to eat anything if i haven't smoked. A lot of the time i will just plain forget to eat if i haven't smoked on that particular day. Last weekend i went 34 hours before i realized i hadn't eaten anything, so i smoked a bowl and about an hour later i went to sonic to get some food. Ended up spending near $15 on food eating every bit of it.

15. I've structured my eating habbits to focus around being high, bc if i eat b4 i blaze, i'm probably going to be hungry (though not actually hungry, just faded) after, so I just won't eat until I'm high. I also take some ADHD meds which are stimulants and stifle my appetite quite a bit

16. I'll second these too. Hit the nail on the head.

17. I experience this same feeling also; food loses its appeal to me sober. When you smoke on a very regular basis, the only time you seem to have an appetite is when stoned.

18. Ya I been not eating much recently since I started smoking more, but I kind of feel it is more because of stress of school this semester, but it could very well be the bud too. I don't mind, I eat when I have to and I get full even faster now plus when I smoke I feel the need to do more things than sit around so I usually don't have time to eat:p (I could go to mcdonalds and shit but screw that)

19. I workout 6 days a week, so no matter high or sober, I always have an appetite. It also could be I started working out like a year and a half before I started smoking. I still do get munchies when im baked doe

20. Also I smoke everyday usually anywhere between 2-6 bowls a day