Read this with an open mind about bush and gas

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Benbonbattle, Nov 28, 2008.

1. #1 Benbonbattle, Nov 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2008
    so I'm lying in bed thinking about why the patriot act was put in place for 2 reasons 1 i believe to control us all it violates our constitution and it lets our congress declare war with any nation they think are associated with terrorists (just to be short, and if anyone can find something factual that would be deeply apreaciated great) http://boards.history.com/thread.jspa?threadID=500001775&tstart=0&start=-1
    http://64.233.169.132/search?q=cach...declared+by+Congress&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us
    now you asking what does that have to do with anything????
    well lets just say 9/11 was planed by the government(i rember a show on 9/11 saying there were numerous reports of plane hijacking yet absolutely nothing was done i find it funny we took it real serious only after it happend) mainly by bush this allowed him to make the patriot act and when he did sign it he was very quick and sly(FACT but-further information would be deeply appreciated) this then allowed him to invade Afghanistan to tackle the al qida..... now someone please tell me "WHY THE HELL WE WENT INTO IRAQ FOR" simple i say bush is a through and through texan right???(duh of course he is) OIL oil oil oil....... bush has his money in the oil companies and it would only make sence that they want us dependent on the oil that is still left to burn$$$.ok another thing that bothers me is electric cars.... what ever happened to the electric cars.... simple there being destroyed to keep us dependent on oil oil oil please im calling for a lot of people just do some research there are brand new electric cars being destroyed for no reason at all i give alot of my inspiration to thecauseofeffect.com it may sound weird at first but there's more too it(i will end on a short note i wrote this all from start to finish with nearly no editing or information if i wasent that lazy i would research all this stuff ive found and it would look alot neate. ---- im not anti gov't im pro good gov't

SHIT I JUST FOUND THIS

[ame="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6529813972926262623"]The Great Conspiracy[/ame]

2. So this is another 911 denialism thread?

3. What if... 9/11 was actually caused by the SAME terrorists cells that attacked the WTC the first time?

What if...there actually are millions of radical extremist all over the world who would like to destroy our nation and our culture once and for all?

What if....Saddam had connections to Mohammad Atta and others and was allowing Al Qaeda to train terrorists in Iraq?

What if...Saddam was funding terrorist and families of Palestinian suicide bombers.

What if....crazy cowboy Bush thought it would be a wise idea to replace Saddam's Bathist regime with a more pro-American democracy in the Middle East.

What if...we allowed Bush as commander in chief to decide weather we should enforce a cease fire agreement with Saddam that he was violating?

What if...the patriot act was in part responsible for thwarting at least 19 terrorist attack US soil since 9/11 under Bush's watch?

You think about it!

4. It was.

What if this wasn't true at all. Read the book "Dying to Win" which took every single terrorist attack in recent history and undermined the goals of terrorism. The author Robert Pape is THE authority on suicide terrorism, in his multiyear studies he found that it was a fact that "Every suicide terrorist campaign has had a clear goal that is secular and political: to compel a modern democracy to withdraw military forces from the territory that the terrorists view as their homeland."

What if Bush had connections to the CIA allowing it to train itself to ruin democracies in the Middle East. The CIA overthrew a popular democracy in the 1950s and ever since the Middle East hasn't liked us very much.

Palestine isn't America and isn't our business. What if we never stole Israel after WWII?

Yeah he's a fucking idiot. What if we built our countries instead of others?

UN ceasefire deals are not US policy. What if we didn't bomb Iraq for 17 years straight and rationalizing it with a UN resolution that has nothing to do with a "no fly zone."

What if we took the advice of Robert Pape and avoided suicide terrorism in the first place by taking our troops out of Middle Eastern nations. We've been in the Middle East far longer than most think. BTW, Bin Laden himself said that his motivations were US troops in the holy land of Saudi Arabia and his goal was to "bankrupt the US."

You learn about it.

5. Pape is a moron.
    He totally fails to even acknowledge "context" -- although their goals CAN be construed as "secular", they are evidently not. Public declarations of many of these organizations specifically cite religious motivations to achieve religious means.

Well I agree with you there.

6. #7 Sam_Spade, Nov 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2008
    Hmm, strange then that Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, the CIA, the FBI, Czechoslovakian Police confirm that Mohamed Atta never traveled to Prague in that time period.

Some of the exact same people who were the architects of the War.

It's almost as if it's a fabrication.

But people don't make things up, right? Especially William Safire.

7. What do you have to say about Osama's letter to America?

If you buy the bullshit that they hate us cause we're free, or because we're not muslim, you are a moron. There may be a few religiously motivated attacks over there, but 9/11 was not.

The "hate us cause we're free" defense is only used because we will always be free, thus they will always 'hate us', and thus we will always be occupying their holy land, and thus they will always hate us.

8. the religious motivations are what compel the guy with the bomb strapped to him to blow himself up, but not necessarily what compels the people telling him to do it. i dont recall the citizens of the us being afraid of terror attacks before we started fucking with that whole region.

edit- oops i guess aaronman took care of it

9. I agree

10. #11 Dr.Dankmen, Nov 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2008
    IId have to agree with alot of everythin you said, but still it is all a lot of well narrowed down and figured out things without any actual evidence. i mean scientists and physicists and pyrotechnicians have said that the whole way 911 went down, the falling of the towers and the damage done to surrounding buildings in new york specifically, along with the noises heard and the spread of debris from first hand accounts, that regardless of the lack of sufficient blatant evidence pointing in either direction, i am in no way sticking with the idea that this was a normal terrorist attck, it is hard to believe our own government had a thing to do with it, but still i am in no way accepting the fact that so much is suspicious about it even scientifically speaking, so really i mean there is mroe evidence it was more then another terrorist attack then evidence that the highjackers were who we were told they were and were able to do what they say they could do. So i mean i am definitely skeptical of the whole thing, im not gonna keep to myself when peeps mention antyhing about the attacks and there cause and legitimacy. EDIT EDIT EDIT- That letter of course there is no video of him writin it or somethin, i mean no matter what we dont kno for sure it was from him, i mean i understand i shoudl give it the benifit of the doubt for some reason, but it seems really royally fucked that while every single plane was grounded on 911 the members of the bin laden family were flown out of the country. its nothing im gonna ignore cuz of some threats that seem to be inevitable, aka terrorist attacks are normally inevitable. not enough evidence pointing to 911 being really only a huge fuck up national security wise. and too much pointing the other way. It doesnt make sense why so much evidence of the impending attack was missed, while aslo there is s omuch evidence against it bein a simple terrorist attack, the evidence is to random and misconstrued for anyone viewpoint to be arguable without bein shot down on the grounds of not enough evidence. so im not getting to any conclusions til it makes sense to.

11. Religion is what tells them to pick up a bomb rather than a gun. The goals are still the same.

12. Yes, religion and nationalism are both the vectors of dogmatism and zealotry. Both should be combated in my opinion.

But remember, bombs are typically a lot more dangerous than a gun.

13. i think we all akno why terrorist attacks happen, soemtiems for varying reasons, but still are we tryin to argue why they are done or agree or disagree with the original authors writings, i think the latter of the two.

14. OK OK OK.....
    wow this is a lot of information and i love how everyone on this dam sight is so open minded to the possibilities of GOV'T corruption as soon as i get the time i will organize all the posts into a summarized version of the thread (just remember i'm just a stoner thats a libritarian and not anti gov't but pro good gov't) and like i said in the beginning please provide information and your common sense(if possible)if you have it (haha) thank you very much to "EVERYONE"

15. by the way in my opinion the govt has fabricated lies to make FEARFUL and DUMB so we will keep obsessing on all the god dam gas over in the middle east(if anyone would like to give there opinion about why were still dependent on oil it would be greatly apreciated)..... i don't see why we have been there for so many years spending countless amounts of money on wars (that cause hatred of our country) that could be better spent here in America to make our country smarter safer and otherwise better like maybe on alt fuels (duh)(i just dont get it???) if we could i would like to hear some opinions about bush, gas and alternative transport like ethanol, electric car(witch works today and back in the 70's that there destroying) "this is why i love freedom of speech and you should to"

16. There is a vast different in suggesting government corruption, and insisting on a massive multinational, multi agency conspiracy -- especially when all you provide to support it is personal conjecture.

And when you start to mention the patriot act, I just have to laugh, because the absolutely lack of international perspective would otherwise make me extremely depressed.

17. yea dude i know what your sayin, but still ithink it was more use of politics to manipulate, which in many cases means use of fear to manipulate, but its nothin different then what has been goin on, cept a lot stronger deceit in the last eight years.

18. its almost as if he said 'what is this guy talking about, he is american and has no world esperience.' conspiracies are only ealy cuz we have evidence but not enough to officially prove anything, therefore they are called conspiracies. of course they would be narrowed down more if we had people better then Mccain on the 911 commissions board, they virtually do nothing but conclude same thing that was officially concluded about the event. itsd not to say it wasnt a terrorist attack we had ntohiin to do with besides not preventing it from happen or some of the oddest fuck up where instead of listening to the numerous reports of hijackers takin over soe planes, and shooting down those planes like is what the strategy is supposed to do, they let everysingle plane go as far as it could towarsd its 'destination'. serious like its too uch to be as conclusional as you are Sam, and then you have to add in someone mentioned the patriot act as if it made us look stupider and you smarter, rather then piont out a point that is relavent and continue the convosation. its like you asume this guy didnt point out all the evidence, instead only stated his opinion, and you assume he didnt read the whol e thread and then reply, like you assue over everyone this guys beliees the conspirace.....but with LEss evidence then othERS on this thread. and all in all you prove no point.

19. Being American has nothing to do with it. I appreciate your willingness to appeal to nationalistic feelings, but this is ironically, a non-parochial issue.

If you're not aware of how the Patriot Act stacks up against the legislation in other nations, then yes, one would have a lot of research to do.

No -- To conspire is: "to join in a secret agreement to do an unlawful or wrongful act or an act which becomes unlawful as a result of the secret agreement"

It has nothing to do with evidence.

If you claim a conspiracy without sufficient evidence, THEN that is when most people will begin to criticize.

You should read up on the stuff you talk about.

What have I been "conclusional" about?

I *DID* point out why I was criticizing it.

What evidence did he point out, and what did it prove? Please summarize it for me, just for the sake of clarification.