Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Need help eyeing out a gram.

• Please log in to reply

Troy's Last

Troy's Last

Hendrix strain

• Registered Upgraded
  • 133 posts
So tomorrow I'm going to be 'bringing' my friend a gram and I need help making sure I don't jip myself or him. I don't have a scale and I won't be able to get one anytime soon so I need to eye it out.

What I need is a few more pictures of either compact or loose weed that weighs as close to 1 gram as possible.

So far this is the only good picture I can find: http://i195.photobuc...33/Melspics.jpg

kang413

kang413

gc's philosopher.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 105 posts
first off... thats not a gram, those bags weigh .2x x=0-9
so thats like a .7y

and also you cant eye out shit... if anyone thinks they can eye out theyre not going to be accurate to the tenths place. trust me some bud looks like its a 1.3 in a sack thats only actually a .8. but some bud looks like a .6 but is actually a 1.0.

dont eye out get a scale.

Penknifelovelife

Penknifelovelife

It takes a lot of energy to make that sound

• Gold Member
  • 15,178 posts

Rasta Mon

Rasta Mon

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,287 posts
its real hard to eye out
me and my friends like to guess how heavy a nug is then weigh it and see who was closest
ya, so pretty much
if u smoke a lot of bud you can somewhat eye it out
but if u dont
then guess or something
sorry, but its hard to help you out

Banana Blunt

Banana Blunt

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,376 posts
How much bud did you have to start with. Then divide that into what seems like = portions. btw tell him that you eyed it out and make sure he is ok with it. Then jsut toke and forget about it.

Penknifelovelife

Penknifelovelife

It takes a lot of energy to make that sound

• Gold Member
  • 15,178 posts

Banana Blunt

Banana Blunt

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,376 posts
i mean t might even help if you take pictures of what you have

no one is gonna be able to tell your exactly one gram but im sure people can come damn close.

NYCdeisel

NYCdeisel

Is in a ny state of mind

• Registered Upgraded
  • 20,481 posts
Lol that is my picture, its from a little less than a year ago, and that gram was $5.
But i really think it isnt that dificult to eye out a gram, they like to add the weight of the bag too, so they can just have it weigh 1g in the bag, instead of weighing it out beforehand, but i really wouldnt worry about it too much(getting ripped off, its just a gram), maybe post a pic up here once you get it and someone can eye it out for you.

Edited by NYCdeisel, 24 November 2008 - 11:08 PM.

jay6776

jay6776

• Registered Upgraded
  • 804 posts
why not just have him pay you for a smoke? then you guys smoke, he gets high, you get money.

it could lead to some stoney eyeballing, for better or for worse.

lovedaweed17

lovedaweed17

• Registered Upgraded
  • 331 posts
bud can be very deseaving cause some strains are more dense then others.well there is one way that is semi accurate is to just break up the bud before you giv ei to him then you can kinda tell how much it there.also if you have a bowl and know abotu how many bowl packs you can get out of a dime then you can use your bowl to measure it out.thats wut i woudl do if i didnt have a scale...but i do:)

RR12D

RR12D

• Registered Upgraded
  • 291 posts
Yeah dimebags, the plastic bag itself weighs .2 grams and sandwich sized ziploc bags weigh 2 grams.

joeypsp

joeypsp

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 300 posts
why does everyone on here worry about 0.1 of a gram missing, i mean i can understand wanting your money's worth but ive always felt that unless it was very blatently obvious that the gram i paid for wasnt a gram and i was fuckin positive i was bein played, then i couldnt give a fuck about the little difference, i mean would that 0.2 of a gram that was missing really get me that much higher?

well thats just my .02:smoking:

as an on topic post, if you wanna be exact with the weighing, you cant beat a scale, literally you will not be able to perfectly weigh out a gram without a scale, but you could come close, tell your buddy you dont have a scale, and that if he wants he can go pickup a cheap scale and youll spot him the missing bud if its really bad, so unless you have or can buy a scale, id just give him whatever looked like a solid gram

pinball wizard

pinball wizard

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 2,740 posts
A dollar bill is about a gram, altho it's hard to tell by hand for that small a weight even if you have them side by side.

I dont know what to tell you. I dont have a scale myself because of the price, but really, it's the only way to know, and everyone should have one.

RR12D

RR12D

• Registered Upgraded
  • 291 posts

why does everyone on here worry about 0.1 of a gram missing,

yeah .2 if its a gram in a dimebag, but like i said a ziploc bag is 2 grams...

Alexyonfire!

Alexyonfire!

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 4,897 posts
When i eye i always err on the side of caution.

Ill put more than i know is a gram in.

luvskush

luvskush

Smokin' the dank in 805

• Registered Upgraded
  • 877 posts

first off... thats not a gram, those bags weigh .2x x=0-9
so thats like a .7y

and also you cant eye out shit... if anyone thinks they can eye out theyre not going to be accurate to the tenths place. trust me some bud looks like its a 1.3 in a sack thats only actually a .8. but some bud looks like a .6 but is actually a 1.0.

dont eye out get a scale.

he could have zero out with the same bag but empty so yea that pic can be 1g of just the bud, you cant tell... but to the OP tell him you're gonna eye it out and if hes a good friend just do it infront of him and try to see if it looks fair to him.. i would do somethin like that(but i got a scale anyways)

lovedaweed17

lovedaweed17

• Registered Upgraded
  • 331 posts
listen most people dont care if they are off a coupel points.infact most peopel just take wut they get and just smoke it.and if its good quality gonj im sure there wont be any complaining:)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users