Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

weird smelling bud

• Please log in to reply

xpirate77

xpirate77

• Registered Upgraded
  • 638 posts
so i just got back from school today, just for the weekend, and i checked out some of the bud my sister is smoking.

I smelled it, and i litterally almost felt sick.. it has a weird musky/vanilla kind of smell.. that literally i couldn't take for more than a couple inhales.

it didn't smell like.. mold persay or anything like that, but just wasn't the normal weed i usually smell.

is there a chance this is just stuff i haven't encountered before? and would the smells of weed really vary THAT much?

i just don't ,know if this is something i should be worried about..
here are some pictures:

Posted Image

and a couple nugs looked like this
Posted Image
Posted Image

let me know if you have any suggestions, or ways i could check it.

Similar Topics: weird smelling bud     x

caseyxxbrocore

caseyxxbrocore

• Registered Upgraded
  • 101 posts
that's some weird lookin bud too. i've definitely never seen anything like it.

T3h Gn0m3

T3h Gn0m3

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
that last pic looks about as hairy as some choco chunk a picked up about a week ago.

Never smelt like vanilla though. :confused:

decrimbud

decrimbud

Smoke till' your dead

• Registered Upgraded
  • 779 posts
kinda looks like schwag....i'd smoke it up and find out but it seems like some dirt weed man (2nd and 3rd pic) 1st pic looks like its just some mids

-Kronic-King

-Kronic-King

I like weed

• Registered Upgraded
  • 384 posts
1st pic looks fine. Last pic looks gross. I woulddnt even touch that shit in last pic

xpirate77

xpirate77

• Registered Upgraded
  • 638 posts
oh no, it's definitely not very good haha, this isn't my pickup, it's my sisters, she never gets anything that great. I don't wanna mess up my rep on here for that haha, me = only picks up dankkk

yea, it's decent mids from the looks of it. It just smells weird.. and i dont want to toke up and find out it was like.. harmful or anything..

Guest_a2b2e2c2_*

Guest_a2b2e2c2_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
Are you sure the weed hasn't been stored in a drawer with some incense or perfumes? Because sometimes, if it's been stored in or very near some strong smelling things, it'll pick it up, and give it a weird taste, too.

s w i s h e r

s w i s h e r

The Drofessional

• Registered Upgraded
  • 5,356 posts
looks fine to me. just a shitton of hairs

xpirate77

xpirate77

• Registered Upgraded
  • 638 posts

Are you sure the weed hasn't been stored in a drawer with some incense or perfumes? Because sometimes, if it's been stored in or very near some strong smelling things, it'll pick it up, and give it a weird taste, too.

you know what, my sister is a big incense buff.. maybe somehow she did something that had to do with the weed and incense together idk. I'll see when she gets home, ill ask her... then beat the SHIT out of her if she ruined that weed..

JK JK JK on the beating..

Herb N. Haler

Herb N. Haler

Mystic Herbsman circ.1986

• Registered Upgraded
  • 840 posts
that last pic looks like death and disease, i wouldnt smoke that let alone handle it...not lively at all...but the 1st pic looks alright i guess...not dank atall.:confused:

Mr. Jane

Mr. Jane

• Registered Upgraded
  • 789 posts
That is schwag --brown and seeded.

SWED

SWED

• Registered Upgraded
  • 552 posts
That last photo is DISGUSTING. I have never seen such unappealing marijuana

The first one looks ok though. I know that weed smell can vary, however its never drastic, all the weed ive ever gotten has the same 'general' smell.

Tuk2

Tuk2

SillyRabbitTrichsAre4kids

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,748 posts
Ignore the idiots saying thats shwag/mids....its NUGS...cut from BRANCHES... NOT brick from mexico....I bet there isnt a single seed?

Looks like some decent dro- first pic theres a good amount of TRICHOMES... just because its brown doesnt mean its shwag...smoke a bowl and report back, theres nothing on that nug thats going to physically harm you.

Herb N. Haler

Herb N. Haler

• Registered Upgraded
  • 840 posts

Ignore the idiots saying thats shwag/mids....its NUGS...cut from BRANCHES... NOT brick from mexico....I bet there isnt a single seed?

Looks like some decent dro- first pic theres a good amount of TRICHOMES... just because its brown doesnt mean its shwag...smoke a bowl and report back, theres nothing on that nug thats going to physically harm you.

maybe thats mids down there in texas, but over here in Cali, that last shit is sum grade D shwag...lower 2 me then shwag, that looks like sum hippo shit or sumthing, or maybe an owl pellet...ha...man do not smoke that....actually if sum1 has 2 tell u that, then...1st pics r decent.
  • stonah2 likes this

Guest_a2b2e2c2_*

Guest_a2b2e2c2_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
The dude is just asking about the strange, pungent smell from the weed that doesn't smell natural. I don't think whether it's schwag or not matters. No weed, brick or dank, should smell like he's saying it smells. If it has in fact been stored in a place with incense and the smell is that bad, it's smokable, but it would not be a pleasant experience. It'd be just plain nasty and not worth the effort.

rnc3147

rnc3147

Marijuana Aficionado

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,105 posts
My first initial impression from the bottom picture was, mexi-brown schwag... But if you look at the buds, they are nice and round, kinda-popcorn buds, they don't have the telltale characteristics of brick-weed, such as a compressed look, stems, and a ridiculous amount of seeds. In the first picture, they actually look kinda decent. Perhaps they look a little more brown in the bottom picture because of the lighting.

I mean, face it, just because the tree has a funky smell doesn't mean it's shit. So I'm gonna disagree with those who say it's shitty mexi-brown...

I see 1 seed sticking out of that bottom nug, which isn't all that bad.

Those who say it's shit fail to notice: the trichomes, the fact it doesn't seem all that compressed, and there has been tree out there that smelled strange but got me super lifted. So smoke a bowl, and enjoy. (unless you see some mold, which I doubt)...

Then post a smoke report.

xpirate77

xpirate77

• Registered Upgraded
  • 638 posts
ok just for the record.. NO SEEDS.. theres NO SEEDS ANYWHERE..

my sister is immature in her smoking endeavors but is not retarded.

the last 2 pictures were of one weird nug i found, thats all

the rest looked like the first picture, and for the record it's mids, ive smoked plenty of cali weed so get off your damn high horse of weed saying it's lower than schwag.

I'll say this again for the people who for some reason didn't understand.

I DIDNT PICK THIS UP, IT'S NOT MY PICKUP, and again.. I DIDN'T PICK THIS UP..

my sister, who's 14 did.. im just asking about the weird smell thats all.. im telling you now, it's mids, thats all.

rnc3147

rnc3147

Marijuana Aficionado

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,105 posts

maybe thats mids down there in texas, but over here in Cali, that last shit is sum grade D shwag...lower 2 me then shwag, that looks like sum hippo shit or sumthing, or maybe an owl pellet...ha...man do not smoke that....actually if sum1 has 2 tell u that, then...1st pics r decent.

Don't have to be that much of a snob...It's alright to say the bud doesn't look that great, but when it gets to the point where you're competing in some juvenile "my shit's better than your shit" competition, that's where I draw the line. I didn't know that enjoying herb has gotten to the point where (supposedly) chill-ass people have become elitists...

But in case I digressed from the OPs original topic, I'd say yes, try it out.

... Unless you feel it is disgusting shit unworthy of entering your gold-encrusted pipe and going down your sacred lungs (because only the best of the best is suitable) and should be thrown in a sewer. *eyeroll*

Edited by rnc3147, 16 November 2008 - 12:36 AM.

Herb N. Haler

Herb N. Haler

• Registered Upgraded
  • 840 posts

Don't have to be that much of a snob...It's alright to say the bud doesn't look that great, but when it gets to the point where you're competing in some juvenile "my shit's better than your shit" competition, that's where I draw the line. I didn't know that enjoying herb has gotten to the point where (supposedly) chill-ass people have become elitists...

But in case I digressed from the OPs original topic, I'd say yes, try it out.

... Unless you feel it is disgusting shit unworthy of entering your gold-encrusted pipe and going down your sacred lungs (because only the best of the best is suitable) and should be thrown in a sewer. *eyeroll*

u MUST be from sumwhere where ur herb is super shitty...thats the only reason y i think ur getting so emotionally hurt and feel that u need to bring me back down 2 earth...please...the nug in the last piece looks unappealing, disgusting, unnatural in every aspect..its not arrogance, just truth..i was replying to a specific comment... i can make accurate evaluations and respond 2 whomever, however I want...the majority of my comments r very objective in their nature, u need 2 play ur position...read more nstead of typing, cuz the only thing juvenile is ur feeling that u need to stand up 4 sum coalition of shitty weed smokerz or shwag smokers of america...dude, live n reality that nug is hideous...end of story.:cool::hello::smoke:

w1n.

edit: 'Looks @ rnc's description under username',"Marijuana aficianado", self described...'Just shakes head & laughs'.... ego...?:confused:

Edited by Herb N. Haler, 22 November 2008 - 06:39 AM.

Kat3

Kat3

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 101 posts
rnc3417 I just noticed your avatar. I fucking love the Addicts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users