Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

kush vs. chronic

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Stoner333888, Nov 13, 2008.

1. #21 Jono, Mar 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2009
    I'm from Pasadena, CA and I also believe this is correct.

I fucking love google, I just had this question on my mind of this debate of Kush vs Chronic

Chronic = mids/regs (good / potent) and that Kush = stronger specific strain that has a higher thc content than Chronic. That's what I think anyway but could be wrong?

2. Every black person calls their weed Kush. Chronic is just another name for really good cannabis. I mean REALLY good.

3. I agree. In my experience, 'kush' is also a word people will use to boost sales, unless its from a reputable source of course.

4. #24 abnormldood, Mar 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2009
    I just clicked on this thread thinking "This is going to be a pointless waste of time" and it was just that. However, I'm sitting here typing nonsense at this very moment wasting even more of my time, makes sense, doesn't it? Both are the same, just different slang terms. Yes, they are strains also, but they were based off the generalized slang terms in order to make more of an appeal to less educated growers. They are both decent strains, don't get me wrong, but it's basically the same as mainstream media and music promoting cheap, faulty products to get the attention of people who will believe anything. Everywhere I go its schwag, middies, high middies, beasters, dank. That's in ascending order, of course. However, if you walk in the ghetto in any given city, you'll automatically hear "kush" and "chronic", though it's obviously not the strains. It's all propoganda, use your eyes and nose and check bud texture and trich production. Only educated or experienced smokers can prove that it's good or not, otherwise, they will call it whatever the hell they want. I mean, I had a guy tell me when I was a newbie that he once got a strain of weed that had a hard outer shell that you had to crack like a walnut and when you opened it up it was all colors of the rainbow. Complete and utter bullshit, don't listen to the propaganda, educate yourself and listen to you and only you.

5. Black people actually smoke Kush. I always considered chronic a white man's weed. But to each his own. I find they have different smokes to them as well. Chronic is more of a "wtf is going on" type high. Kush is like couch lock heaven.

6. #26 RedMagic, Mar 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2009
    Chronic generally means good weed. I've also heard on the East Coast that it's used to name a blunt/j that's been laced with coke.

Kush is actually a strain of marijuana, eg. OG Kush, Bubba Kush, Purple Kush, Super Silver Kush, the list goes on and on.

7. From my experience slanging and smokin in southern california kush is where its at. Chronic is a LOT cheaper, there are strands of bomb chronic that go for kush prices like the diesels, trainwreck, green crack, there are strands of not so good kush but kush is kush. Some chronic is even better than kush, but kush is what everyone wants its bombs.

8. Kush and Chronic are mainly terms to describe the quality of the bud. Kush is actually referring to Marijuana grown in the Hindu Kush mountain ranges, but a lot of people just use it to say their shit is good. Same for Chronic, but there is an actual strain called Chronic.

9. No. Middle school urban myth

Wrong. (And dumb)

YAY!

Of course not...

Perhaps the wrongest.

Lot of green lungs and incorrect terminology floating around in this thread.... There were more flat out wrong responses than anything else.

10. Kush is a particular strain of MJ, Chronic is a generic name for marijuana, or a term used to describe high quality bud.

-C

11. Kush is a strain anyone who uses Kush as good weed needs to be slapped, don't try to pass your mids as Kush. Best way to tell is if it's really Kush is if they say Kush, unless they say OG Kush, Bubba Kush, ect. it isn't kush.

Chronic, I always thought was a classification, like if you had some OG Kush you had some chronic.

Beasters I have heard both as mids and as BC bud. Which can be a huge difference.

12. From what i have seen people do not know what they are talking about half the time. If you try and get specific about what kind they are getting you get the deer in headlights look. The best way is for you to check out grow sites and bud strains to truly get a good answer. I am not going to bs you and tell you one thing or the other but Kush has many strains from what i have seen and chronic has always been a term for high quality bud.

13. nah blunts with coke are called woo bangers around here lol

14. whenever Ive heard or used the term chronic, it means weed in general thats better than schwag. Kush is anything above regs/mids

15. can we stop perpetuating the incorrect slang from your area without disclaimers?

just dont want to obfuscate the main point of getting this answer correct

16. #36 falcon10911, May 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2009
    I always thought chroinic is what people call weed with cocaine on it.. Thats what it means here anyway.

But generally Kush is a type of weed and chronic is just another label for any kind of weed. So theoretically you could get some kush chronic. In my opinion.

17. The "cocane laced part" rarely occurs anywhere expect for street dealers on the east coast, rarely would many people lace it with coke without telling you,
    as well as it would cost probably more that 25$ a g.

18. #38 BrizzlyBear, May 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2009
    Yeah...Kush is definitely a strain. OG Kush, Master Kush, Bubba Kush, etc. I've never heard anyone use Kush as a word to describe dank.

Chronic sort of has two meanings where I live, it can mean good bud, but it's also weed laced with crack/cocaine whatever you want to call it. But you won't get that unless you ask for it. Which is sort of pointless because i'd rather just get some dank.

It's like someone who calls their weed "Dro" (i fucking hate that), just because it was grown in a hydro system doesn't mean it's any better than other bud. It only refers to the method in which it was grown, it has nothing to do with potency.

19. When someone says laced it doesn't always mean it was done unknowingly. People do it on purpose to smoke cocaine and weed at the same time. I wonder if crack and weed is crackonic..

20. Only on GC have I heard chronic referred to weed laced with cocaine. It's used around my area as a generalization for headies. Kush is an Indica strain, though morons like to slap that tag on anything good they get to make it sound pretty. I actually gripped some Afghan Kush a few days ago, bomb shit.