1wk into flower & yellow leaves, brown spots, purple stems

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by skymonkey, Nov 13, 2008.

1. What type of medium; soil or hydro? Soil
    What brand and type of soil? Coconut husk
    Indoors or outdoors? Indoors
    What strain? Big Budda Cheese
    How old are the plants? 1 week into flower
    What type of lights and how many watts? 1x 600w & 1 x 250w tubes
    How far from the lights? 21"
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? liquid Bloom when watering wvwry other day
    What is the medium/runoff pH? 6.0
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? 84deg not sure of hum
    What size pots? large
    Any bugs? Look real close. no
    Any other pertinent info? no

I am 1 week into the flowering stage of my first set of plants. The lower leaves are now all turning yellow, with some showing brown spots (even on the greener leaves), tips are curling up and are dry and the stems and veins are turning purple.

I've searched the forums but can't find a problem that combines all of the problems I am seeing. Can anyone help? ........PLEASE!!!!:confused:

2. Well I havent done indoor.....but outdoor when the leave stems and veins turn red....or purple, it sometime indicates a lack of phosperous. Might check it out ?

3. Also, the purplish stems could be due to cool temperatures. You say it is 80+. Is that with the light on or off. I am thinking on. You need to gauge the temp when the light is not burning.

It would help a hell of a lot if you could post pics to look at. It would all be speculation up until then. Sounds like pH or a nitro defficiency. I believe 6.0 is kind of low.

I have ran into pH lockout two times on one plant. Just throw some lime on top of the soil. I use coarse lime. Then water on top of it. Should fix the pH problem a little. Lime is neutral, around 7.

With the pH problem fixed, the plant should begin eating its food again.

Hope this helps bro.

4. How long did you veg? if the plants are big then the leaves turning yellow is no prob! the purple stems is phosphrus/cold/or gentics (dont know about big budda x cheese). I just dont worry about purple stems unless the plants are in veg. Hopes this helps without seeing pics

5. sounds like you need to back off the nutes - crispy tips is a classic sign of that

6. Hi all, thanks for your suggestions. We finally have been given a medical book and I went straight to the problem - Fusarium Wilt apparently. We've flushed the plants, sprayed with rot stop and added some canna aktivator - we'll let you know how things go!

7. So it didnt go good then? Lol...