Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Make Your Weed Stronger

• Please log in to reply

weedidas

weedidas

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,056 posts
A while ago on another forum, there was a thing about cooking your weed (finely grinding it up, putting on a tray, putting in the oven at about 250 or something for 20 minutes). This supposed made it more "potent" and "activated" the remaining inactive THC.

I don't know but i think what happens is you are oxidizing the weed turning a bunch of the TH into CBN, but I'm not totraly sure.

Does anyone else know oft his?

Similar Topics: Make Your Weed Stronger     x

godsthirdnut

godsthirdnut

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,704 posts
the idea is to convert THCA into THC, this basically entails kicking off a COOH group. if your going to smoke the weed it doesn't make it any better, more likely it makes it worse.

its nessessary to get better potency with non-heated edibles, like quality alcohol THC drinks. I should note not only heat but also weak acids will kick off the COOH (lemon juice method). also if its in solution with strong alcohol for a long time this will happen slowly.

kindbud319

kindbud319

RooR Owner!

• Registered Upgraded
  • 753 posts
so you actualy can make your weed more potent???

weedidas

weedidas

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,056 posts

so you actualy can make your weed more potent???

Basicly yes. You're converting the remaining THCV into THC. Similar to the curing process of fresh bud.

I've heard a bunch of people say it works, but i dont remembe the exact temperature you put it in for. I think 180-220F. It will also dry the bud out and might lessen the taste but try it out.

kindbud319

kindbud319

RooR Owner!

• Registered Upgraded
  • 753 posts
i mean its a cool thought but i just dont see myself baking my weed before i smoke it in the near future. I might do it if im making an edible but other than that it sounds like an easy way to fuck up your weed.
More power to you if you constantly do it though

head dead

head dead

Ganja Smuggler

• Registered Upgraded
  • 945 posts

Basicly yes. You're converting the remaining THCV into THC. Similar to the curing process of fresh bud.

I've heard a bunch of people say it works, but i dont remembe the exact temperature you put it in for. I think 180-220F. It will also dry the bud out and might lessen the taste but try it out.

THCV is along the same potentcy lines as LSD, under 100micrograms will cause intoxication. The first response got it right. The THCA Gets converted, THCA is not psychoactive. There is no way to make the chemical in the weed stronger, there is no way to increase the chemical in the weed, there is only more effective ways of consumption. There will always be X amount of THC (and all its active and non-active, or soon to be active chemicals) in your plant, its all about preperation.

You can consume y/x of the weed, and y will always be: y<x.

Also, you really don't even consume 25% of the THC potential when you smoke, with Vaping its about 85%. If you are going to dry out your weed first, one could also make the argument it would burn quicker, thus losing more of your thc.

Also, weed doesn't oxidize, about 85% of the total thc content in fresh weed is thca (9,deltatetrahydrocannobinolic acid) which is not psychoactive, you lose the COOH ring, this process is called decarbolization, not oxidizing. Heat is the normal way (smoking and cooking) to prepare the weed. There is alot of misinformation in this post, please disregard most of the OP.

weedidas

weedidas

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,056 posts
Yeah thanks for clarifying, i wasn't totally sure.

hpidriver

hpidriver

floatin on the layer cake

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,961 posts
I'd just like to say this thread has a lot of good information. Should be read by everyone.

SmokinBroccoli

SmokinBroccoli

• Registered Upgraded
  • 449 posts
I make my weed stronger by tossing some more weed in the bowl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users