Bonsai Mums: A Guide

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by nugglord_420, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Mr. Miyagi approves of this post, Bonsai good for perpetual harvest, lights on lights off.

2. Hell yeah... exactly what i needed... :hello:

3. Amazing thread - great info. 25/10

4. very tastefully done. I like how you labeled everything in the photos to give a better understanding.

5. Is it possible to accomplish this result on a smaller scale in a cut 2 liter bottle?

Edit: Also thanks for the tutorial, this is awesome, I hope to implement it for a perpetual as soon as I can get my current plants big enough to pull some clones.

6. Quick question what light/dark cycle do you use for the mothers? 18/6?:eek:

7. I thought cloning and keeping a mom would be easy! Turns out I was wrong.

8. Thanks...very interesting.

9. great guide, planning on creating a couple bonsai mums to keep in my veg area while i take cuttings for a SOG :) that'll keep me happy at harvests about ~4-6 weeks +rep

10. ok i gotta question? could you do this in a small scale hydro set up and just trim the roots?in theory this should work right?

11. Thank you for solving my problems. I'll be bookmarking this.

12. Wow thats insane....great work

13. :eek:nugglord, this is straight up sick. you are a modern-day Rembrandt with a pair of shears my friend.
    fuck.

14. quick questions

hows the smell on these bonsai's?
    can you flower them?

15. Great stuff thanks

16. this may sound remedial to some advanced growers, but, once you have a thriving mum with lots of leaves and green on it, why can't you simply switch the lighting back to 12/12 and start flowering??

17. you can flower mothers, but that is just against what mothers are maintained for. Mothers keep genetics alive and provide a uniform genetic with the clones over years. Dont know what you mean calitree "back to 12/12" as they live their whole lives in veg lighting.

18. seed - veg - flower - veg - flower?

my question is: can you flip back and forth from flower to veg to flower, and it still create buds?

19. Technically, yes you can but it would take way to long inbetween harvests to get all setup again. If you use a mother and clone setup you can achieve a system of perpetual harvest.

Damn i will definitely be doing this with my new tent that i got and all the PC grows I have currently going on.
    This will be fun.......