Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sticky Lickies (Cannabis Lollipops)

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by countzer0, Nov 7, 2008.

1. haha i got two bottles of light corn syrup so it must be cheap if i have surplus.

2. There's no doubt a half cup of butter with a half ounce of mid grade in it would be very potent. I tried the recipe and truthfully found it to be an unsuccessful venture. The problem is cannabutter doesn't really combine with the sugar. Seriously... the whole time cooking it just sits on top of it. I tried to stir it as the mixture cooled down but found the candy to solidify much faster then the butter. This recipe would probably be effective in zero-gravity but here on earth you'd find the same amount of success slathering butter all over a tootsie pop.

3. The trick after many batches was to add the cannabutter at the end and use clarified butter or alcohol extraction.

4. So alcohol extraction (green dragon) would be a sufficient replacement to butter?

5. #25 countzer0, Dec 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2009
    Yes but you need a strong extraction or a bunch of it. Considering you will get a dozen extra large candies or 2-3 dozen regular sized ones.

6. #26 LuvitHeart, Feb 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2010
    Greetings CountzerO,
    Have U modified this recipe since your 1st post.. Do you still use the cannabutter, or have U moved on to green dragon.. I would like 2 make these with your cannabutter recipe since I do have plenty of that; and try it later with the green dragon.. Also want to use candy molds, and I like the thought of them being more on the soft side.. Please let me know any changes you have made... Your thoughts R greatly appreciated... Thanks

7. The only thing i have changed is i now use clarified butter or green dragon. If you add the cannabutter at the end it isn't really that bad. They will sweat a bit, but they will still be potent. I found if you freeze them almost immediately the sweat will stick right to the pop. If your using molds be sure to let it cool a bit before putting them in. I made that mistake once ;(

If you want them soft your looking for "soft Crack" on the thermometer.

Lately Ive just been pouring it in a straight line and scoring it while still warm into jolly rancher size pieces. Then i take the pieces and shake them in a bag with powdered sugar and a small bit of citric acid to make sweet and sours.

I think you will enjoy them. I think the reason clarified butter works better is the part that is sweating is the 3-6% moisture content in the butter.

8. Hey Thanks for the quick response:wave:.. I plan on making these today.. My 1st batch I'll do with cannabutter with is not clarified.. ( I'll make sure all butter is clarified in the future ) I'm gonna use your method of scoring with the knife "AWESOME' I love it; and the sweet and sour sounds just my speed. This is my 1st time making candy.. You make it seem fairly easy with your step by step guide and the pictures make it EXTRA nice.. Thanks for including all the updated information that I need to make my candy a success.. I'll let ya know how they turned out.. That's so cool of you to take the time to share all those FABULOUS recipes with us and to create such nice post to go along with them... Can't THANK YOU enough:D

9. OH My Goodness, Those candies R sooo potent.. The patients who can handle the sugar should love them at my collective.. I plan on donating them this sunday.. I did'nt eat one yet just licked 2 of the spoons I used. I still have a spoon, fork, and the pot; I just can't see let'n all that good candy go to waste. Next time I need to move just a little bit faster, before my mix start to set. I did go on and use the heart shape molds for Valentine's Day since I plan to give them away I thought that would be cute.. Thanks again countzerO for a great easy recipe... Can't wait to try them with the Green Dragon:)

10. #30 countzer0, Feb 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2010
    Glad it worked out for you. Any photos? I love to see others handiwork.

I take the pot and spoon and freeze them. Then you can chip off the goodness...

11. JUST tried this recipe...I made a few mistakes and I hope you can help me out.

Your recipe said 20-25 minutes before it'll reach hard crack on medium heat. Mine hit in just about 10 minutes and I'm pretty sure I burnt the fuckers. It turned a brownish color and they taste like shit. The potency is spot on though, I'm high as balls trying to type this.

So I guess my questions are:
    What did I do wrong?
    Should I just try and cook them at a lower temperature?
    What is clarified butter?
    How long will I be this goddamned stoned I can't do shit right now.

Thanks for the recipe by the way! Once I get this down I will be a happy happy man.

12. Thats really fast. Glad you at least got high ;) about 5-6hrs depending on the quality of herb used.

Maybe try using a lower setting on your stove. Were you using a gas burner? I was using electric, perhaps that could make a difference.

Are you sure you added enough water. The different stages on the thermometer are an indication of how much water is left. Once you pass hard crack there is very little to no water and the sugar will burn. Try using more water or lower heat. You can use as much water as you like without hurting anything as it all gets cooked out anyway the worst thing that could happen would be it take forever to reach hard crack.

Clarified butter has all the moisture removed. I find it sweats a little butter from the candy as it sets if the butter has moisture. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarified_butter

13. #33 Stagolee, Feb 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2010
    Yea i'm pretty sure I just burnt the shit out of the sugar. They turned out almost a brownish color and tasted rancid. Got high quickly though, and stayed couchlocked for hours.

I'm going to try another batch tonight or tomorrow. I'll throw in some more water and cook it at a lower temp just to make sure. I don't mind waiting a longer amount of time to make them turn out right.

I'll let you know the results, and try and get some pictures if I can.

Thanks for the help!

----Edit----

Doing it now. When you say add the butter at the end, do you mean after it's been taken off the heat? or right before? I hope this reaches you in time.

14. Right before.

15. I am glad to say that round two was a success! Took a bit longer, but definitely worth it. They do have the tastiest sweet chronic flavor, I love it! Didn't test them out last night since I was already stoned, but I'm currently sampling one for breakfast. Let's see how fast this gets me from zero to baked shall we?

Thanks again for all the help countzer0, none of this would have been possible without you.

16. Great news... Im glad your venture was a success... After so many bad tasting edibles, that sweet chronic taste is a real treat.

I have been playing with butterscotch. I will post my results once i get it right ;)

17. Look's like I'm going to have to try this out. Sounds like fun!

18. 3 questions:

1. how the fuck do u get them to look like a lolly pop.
    2. is this hard cuz i cant cook worth shit anddont wanna waste my bud
    3. can someone fucking video tape this i dont wanna read

im stoned.

19. 1) I just poured mine onto the waxpaper with a tablespoon and it naturaly rounded out. Your milage may vary ;) They sell molds at walmart. There are walmarts almost everywhere.

2) Depends what you consider hard. If your confident with making the butter, the rest should be easy.

3) I'll get James Cameron right on that.

20. Butterscotch sounds awesome.

I tried keeping it below hard crack, and oh man they turned out wonderful. I just poured it all onto a sheet pan and when they cooled cut them into strips, rolled them up and they're good to go. The good thing about that is all the butter that sweats out just gets rolled up inside.

Lemme know if that butterscotch comes to fruition man.