Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Adderall Making Me Want to Throw Up?

• Please log in to reply

whiskey

whiskey

Let Me Take You Down

• Gold Member
  • 15,010 posts

theVirtuoso

theVirtuoso

Warm Rush of Chemicals...

• Registered Upgraded
  • 8,740 posts
I've had similar things, but never to that extreme (although quite close). Mine has a lot to do with acid reflux which could possibly be a factor for you.

I wouldn't doubt it being the Adderall decreasing your appetite to somewhat of an extreme, but I think there are other contributing factors regarding your stomach/digestive tract.

whiskey

whiskey

Let Me Take You Down

• Gold Member
  • 15,010 posts

theVirtuoso

theVirtuoso

Warm Rush of Chemicals...

• Registered Upgraded
  • 8,740 posts
No problem, I hope it passes too!

Adderall can take a hefty toll on your body. I know I've had some problems with that or Concerta ("Ritalin XR") or by mixing the two, but everything has gone away after a few days at the most; even after my longest binges. Although stomach problems during/after extended use tends to last longer for myself because of my already sensitive digestive system.

Usually for me it's that my stomach feels as though it's in a knot or I'll have palpitatons and/or chest pains, but neither are consistent and tend to come from Concerta or mixing the two even in small doses.

Well, actually I would say problems pertaining to my digetive tract are almost, if not as common with Adderall as with Methylphenidate (Ritalin/Concerta) and even though I haven't taken either in almost a week I still have stomach problems.

I took Concerta for almost a month only 36mg a day, although about 3 times there were 72mg doses and once 72mg + 36mg straight Methylphenidate (no time release), along with twice I had also taken Adderall that day (40 & 60mg doses).

From day one I had stomach discomfort which quickly exasperated into intense nausea (some due to stomach flu, though). I actually spent half of week one and all of week two toking solely so I could feel "alright" and be able to eat. Week three I still had nausea problems, but was much better because the stomach flu had passed. Week four is when I stopped taking it and today (day 5-6 without) is the first day I'm feeling better, but I still have trouble eating because I've had this "dirty nausea" feeling that is greatly intesified when I attempt to eat something. Today happens to be the first day it doesn't get worse as I eat.

Just be careful and monitor yourself very, very carefully. I only really mentioned my stomach problems here, but I've had painful chest pains (among other chest problems) and headaches/migraines too. Although the other problems pertain more to Concerta that is only in my personal experience and they can happen just as easily with Adderall.

Generally Methylphenidate (Ritalin, Concerta, etc) tend to work better for guys and Adderall for girls in regards to both effectiveness and side-effects, although from what I've gathered from others and my own experience the comedown from Methylphenidate tends to be worse while Adderall is more subtle, but consequentially you may be tired on Adderall for awhile before you can fall asleep.

I know a lot of that seems random, but I've found personal experiences to be a major contribution to knowledge and more importantly understanding. :wave:

RavenousDank

RavenousDank

sober

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,581 posts
always make sure to have a meal in your stomach when you take it

KingOfTheOzone

KingOfTheOzone

• Registered Upgraded
  • 292 posts
It's a stimulant, stimulants can make you nauseous. When I started taking Ritalin I was a chubby and happy 4th grader, 2 years later I was a stick and a zombie.

Amphetamine ain't a pretty drug so be careful.

whiskey

whiskey

Let Me Take You Down

• Gold Member
  • 15,010 posts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users