About a year and a half ago, I started having diarrhea. I thought that I ate something bad, but the next day, I went to the restroom and I there was a little blood in the toilet.
I went on a strict diet of only oatmeal/vitamins for a week, and then I eased into boiled fruits/vegetables, all the way up to meats and breads throughout about a month.
The blood stopped after that first week. I had visited Urgent Care when it was going on. and they took blood and x-ray and said everything was fine and nothing was found.
Well, this happened again after a year, about 8 months ago. I did the same thing and it got better fairly fast. I was instructed to collect my stool into these special receptacle, but as it got better, I sort of forgot about it and lived on. I smoked weed throughout both instances.
Three weeks ago, I had it happen again. This time, there was a lot of blood. It has been three weeks and I am still bleeding. I went to the ER and they did a CAT scan, and said they didn't find any forms of colitis. (the doc said it could be a bacteria imbalance, or a weak blood vessel).
I quit weed this time because when I was in high school, some of my friends had their wisdom teeth taken out-- They had told me that it was funny because a pamphlet that they were given stated that one should stop smoking marijuana a few weeks before the operation, and to not drink alcohol for 3-4 days prior, so that there isn't a problem with bleeding of the gums.
I am going to have an appointment with a gastro specialist this week, but I just wanted to get some other opinions on a few matters.
Now, I don't think I have Crohn's, as I don't have any joint/back/bone/rib pain.
1. My ONLY pain is when I go to the bathroom, and its in my abdomen.
It feels like I have a big shit coming, but all I have is very liquidy diarrhea and various amounts of blood. And it feels like I have to run to the bathroom before it happens, and it feels like that throughout with just a bit of pain.
2. I wake up 2-3 times in the middle of the night to go.
3. I lost ten pounds in the last 3 weeks, and I have always been skinny, so this is a problem for me. I have a VERY hard time gaining weight, and usually I try to eat well, yet throughout the day. (not now, as I am on a strict diet).
4. I'm generally tired, but not completely fatigued. I'm never bothered by this except when I see food and food joints, and when I go to the bathroom, especially at night.
5. During the first week I had a lot of bloating, my gas and stools smelled unusal and rancid, unlike regular shit. After that week, it just smelled like regular shit, lol. This led me to believe it had to do with bacteria imbalance.
I have been told by doctors that this could be Ulcerative Colitis, but I won't know until my colonoscopy. I have only 2 serious symptoms, so I doubt it is any form of colitis, which I read involves other types of pains and such.
They told me not to go on a diet until they know what it is, but this has got to be complete bullshit, because I have more blood when I eat regularly, so I know I have to be on this bland/soothing food diet.
As far as the bleeding, what do you guys think about smoking weed? When I was doing it a few weeks ago and this occured again, I immediately thought of the wisdom teeth pamphlet (how you need to stop smoking weed a few weeks before the operation so the gums don't bleed excessively). I'm definitely not going to smoke until this is over, but I'm just curious if the weed is causing me to bleed more, since I don't "need" to smoke weed, as I have no pain. Even when I was high a few times, I went to the restroom and my abdomen had the same pressure and pain, which isn't that debilitating anyway...
Thanks for any input...
Edited by Schwarzenegger, 02 November 2008 - 04:12 PM.