The official UFC/MMA thread...

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by BMISS, Oct 15, 2008.

1. okay this is definitely some Jones shit right here
    [​IMG]

2. [​IMG]

3. #27664 Rotties4Ever, Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
    You know for a fact now that the Ronda we all knew is dead. This shit scars people. If you can read people well enough you will see she that whenever she does decide to grace us with her presence, her demeanor will vastly differ then what she acted like before. I feel bad for her, probably crying her eyes out for 5th day straight. If her jaw is broken, it will be even longer before we see her talk. She never fell from this height because she never climbed this high up before. Now she will find out what hollywood ''friends'' are all about.

edit: then again I could be reading too much into it. Her twit;

[​IMG]

4. Someone said she wasn't really hiding her face. The pillow was there in case Holly showed up again. //static.grscty.com//public/style_emoticons/default/yay.gif

Based on how she acted seconds after becoming the new champ, and showing concern for the annihilated Rousey, Holly Holm has my support forever. She can lose the next 10, I'll respect her for her character alone.

5. I couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing, Rousey trying to stand and trade with a ex boxer.

6. okay Cormier might want to just vacate the title. Less painful that way.

7. I can't even comprehend what a "higher level" Jon Jones looks like. I'm not even a fan of the guy as a person, but his Octagon moves and dominance were scary enough as it was. If that gets elevated another level or two, and/or if he bulks up and goes to HW and starts to ragdoll people there, we may see the next great era in MMA.

Hope the chick he hit got some serious cash.

8. There's a pic of him on the last page all hulked out

9. hahaha tonight was plagued by decisions. 3 or 4 ko's were all in the prelims.

10. Decisions aren't always bad when it's a decent free fight though lol

11. maybe so, but cards like these make me question Mr Silva's match making abilities.

12. #27673 Oni~, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2015
    I haven't seen it. Wasn't too psyched for the card anyway. Turned out boring? The next one seems weak as well except for maybe the main event. I always thought Jorge Masvidal is underrated. He talks a lot of shit but backs it up. Very crisp striking when he's in the zone. He lost a questionable decision to then-champion Melendez in Strikeforce, and I've had my eye on him ever since that fight. I can see him cracking the top 5 in his division and then who knows. Still with AKA I think, so great team down there.

It just dawned on me, this is less than 3 weeks away...

[​IMG]
    The Card for McGregor - Aldo is ridiculous:

Aldo - Mcgregor
    Rockhold - Weidman
    Jacare - Romero
    Maia - Gunnar Nelson
    Max Holloway - Jeremy Stephens

Faber in the prelims. Every time I see him now I remember Conor telling him "I would butcher you Uriah" like he thought it was completely preposterous for Uriah to even consider getting physical.

Who's pulling for whom here? I'm thoroughly hoping Aldo demolishes Conor, but would not bet any money either way on that fight. There are a billion arguments online for why either should win. "Aldo's kicks will take away Conor's legs. Yeah but Conor hits too hard, blah blah". Whatever happens though, I'm sure minds will be blown. Either Conor really IS the ridiculous phenom he considers himself to be and he walks through Aldo to cement his role as the undisputed king at '45, or Aldo lets the jungle know the king has roared again by crippling the Irish loudmouth.

So many good fights....

13. Yoel Romero is terrifying.

[​IMG]

14. Gray maynard coming back at 145
    Dude has been TKOd like 4 times in a row. Definitely not putting my money on him

15. A historic interview. Incredible.

16. you know DC is binge eating some KFC

17. When is the next Lion Fight event? [​IMG]

18. who is this guy?