The official UFC/MMA thread...

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by BMISS, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Miocic is fighting like a bitch

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Not even a little
    He was pushing the pace the whole time and always coming forward

3. ready for tomorrow..
    - cormier
    - weedman
    - cerrone
    - arlovski
    - benavidez

4. hoooly fuck team I'm so excited for tomorrow!
    can't believe they put mw belt and lhw belt on the same card.
    not complaining though

and cormier / johnson is as an exciting of a match up as jones would be (sad for jj in his personal life).. but nonetheless very excited about the main event. no less than the original one. 

6. It's going to be a fight. I'm hoping for Rumble here.
    And Weidman has got this

7. Were going to see black on black crime tomorrow, with Humble Rumble vs Black Fedor. Weedman and Lion Monkey fight is going to be crazy, especially that first round. Vitor actually tested normal for testosterone, Im kind of surprised, maybe he really wants it. If Vitor gets that spinning back kick ko on Saturday, he will be a 3-division champ, you cant really count the lion monkey out, especially that first round. He has more then just a 'puncher's chance'.
    My picks (which are almost always wrong) :
    Humble Rumble
    Weedman
    Makdessi
    Pitbull
    Moraga
    Dodson
    Burkman
    Hall

8. Makdessi over Cerrone?
    Helllllll nah

9. Im well aware Cerrone is heavy favorite, I gotta root for Canadia, plus I dont think he won that hendo fight.

10. WOW WHAT A GREAT EVENT BOYS AND GIRLS

11. The main card was amazing!

12. Did you all see that absolutely hilarious moment where Dodson helped his opponent back to his feet?
    I can't believe Arlovski beat down Browne like that!
    And Weidman vs Belfort?! Weidman dominated! He took mount like it was nothing!
    Then Johnson cracking Cormier like that only to be submitted in the 2nd!
    Holy hell what a night for MMA

13. Dude Cormier fucking flew a good 5 feet from that punch haha I thought it was over for a second! I wanna watch that replay over and over
    I missed the moment in the Dodson fight you're talking about, was dabbin haha

14. Rockwell vs Weidman would be awesome for the middleweight belt

15. Gus vs Cormier for the strap! Weidman vs Rockhold for the strap!

Fucking killer matchups.

16. Just read about rockhold and weidman, sounds awesome.

I understand weidman has done well, but personally he doesnt look impressive to me. But hey, he keeps winning! I think i have Rockhold for this one though, thats one big white boy.

17. Weidman was dominating AS in the first round on their second fight. Serious, go watch that fight again and tell me Weidman isn't impressive.

What you think about Gus getting the title shot after being KOd in round 1 by the dude who just lost his title shot?
    As much as I think Gua could win, it makes no sense that he was gifted this shot.

18. I'm not crazy ecstatic about Gus getting the shot, but I mean...what's the alternative here?  Bader?  

Bader is riding a 4 fight win streak, but simply never impressed me as anything more than a gate keeper.    Gus on the other is the one guy who gave Jones actual trouble, and as such will always have that aura of top notchness about him @ 205.   Until/Unless he gets wrecked once or twice more like in the Rumble fight.

Feed Bader to Rumble and hope he doesn't lay 'n pray his way out of it.

19. Yeah, Bader shouldn't have gotten it, even with the streak. None of his opponents were on the verge of a title shot or anything.

20. It dont matter who gets the title shot at the paper division. They are all holding it for someone else. DC stands for default champ.