The official UFC/MMA thread...

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by BMISS, Oct 15, 2008.

1. I really enjoyed that fight :) Montenegro was in a few bad positions but she worked through the grind and was able to get the win :D

2. #27242 Homelander, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
    The fight after that between Moyle & Aldrich was sick, Moyle put home girl out :laughing: Excited for McGeary vs Newton right now

3. She was completely out :eek: I am super happy that McGeary won it was a great close fight but McGeary was trying to finish to win as Newton was grinding to win so I can't complain that they decided to give it to McGeary :)

4. Definitely was a good fight and Newton was just getting caught in submission attempts I'm surprised that he didn't tap in the early rounds but he was coming back in the later rounds I figured they might have given it 48-47 to McGeary.

That Grasso vs Inoue fight was mad good, Alexa looked sharp in the first two rounds with her striking now throwing alot more kicks with her punches. She got exposed tho by Inoue in the third round, I saw people say she could take on Esparza right now but after seeing how she was controlled on her back I'm sure Esparza would definitely win without a doubt.

5. WAR CAT!! Hope she gets it done tonight,

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. been sick the last few days and i missed the bellator show last night...

im hoping RR gets smoked tonight...then i hope they do a close up in the crowd of cupcake to see her smile over it.  

7. I couldn't believe she was on her back for that whole round I hope her coaches have her focus more on her ground game but it was a darn good fight I give it to Inoue :) It was awesome to see Cyborg light Tweet up the way she did it was vicious :D The Invicta FC 11 went pretty good so I can't be happier :lol:

I have to agree with these guys above me I'd like to see Cat win tonight :)

8. These refs are the worst taking too long to stop the fights..holy shit.

9. Are you talking about Mark Munoz getting choked for as long as he did?

10. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425188156.789980.jpg

14 seconds

11. I love how everyone thought this would be a hard fight for Ronda, and now that she so easily won people are complaining that she gets easy fights and that she's ducking Cyborg.

12. Shit fam I would have stopped it earlier I mean the ref didn't really stop it homeboy just let the choke go and that was it

13. Fuck. Ronda is fucking amazing. I couldn't really stand her during her stint as a ufc coach because fuck me she's a crazy bitch but oh my god wow, she is an unbelievable athlete.

She needs to start taking on the male fighters, that I wanna see.

14. YES!  And there was one earlier with 2 big guys.  I think it was right when the second round started you can see the one guy was wobbly and that he really stood no chance.  The black guy was knocking him senseless and then he got on top of him and the guy had no shot.  The guy was just POUNDING him.  Then at one point they laughed because he went for a submission.  Probably just hoped the guy would tap real quick because he wasn't getting knocked out and no one's going to tap if they're not being submitted.  The ref should've stepped in and stopped it but let this guy rain down with power punches over and over again while the other guy could hardly move AT ALL.  It was horrible officiating and I believe it was the same ref in both bouts.

Everyone?  I wouldn't say everyone.  The UFC just builds it up that way "THIS IS THE TOUGHEST COMPETITOR SHE'S EVER FOUGHT"  "THIS IS THE GREAYEST MATCH IN UFC HISTORY!"   All they're doing is promoting the fight.  I don't get into all of that.  Had to know Ronda Rousey was going to breeze through this one like she always does.  There is no match except maybe a dude.

Yea the guy was completely out with his eyes rolling in the back of his head.  Ref was clearly an idiot.

15. I'm glad Ferguson and Jouban won and finished their fights.

So am I dude I am not really a fan of Tibau I honestly thought that he was gonna turn it into an extremely boring fight but Ferguson did exactly what needed to be done  :D I've been a fan of Jouban since RFA 9 and I was extremely disappointed that he didn't get the decision win in his last fight before this one  :( It was a very nice finish though so I can't wait to see him again  :)

17. There are some phenomenal fights coming up. UFC 187 looks incredible too.

18. And would anyone like to see Michael Johnson rematch Tony Ferguson for a springboard fight to a #1 contender match?

19. RFA 24 is on Friday fam should be a good event

20. #27260 well highdrated, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015
    ronda is an amazing fighter.. i may not care much for her personality (either way).. but you can't discount her talent.

i'd like to see her go up against a high-level grappler.. with semi decent striking.

ronda took everyone out, but i don't think anyone (maybe with the exception of sara mcmann) has grappling credentials of ronda. maybe davis too.. but i'd say she's a few levels below. and clearly has very little clinch game. 

zingano didn't have a very good plan, but if you look at what happened after.. 
    http://www.mma-core.com/gifs/Ronda_Rousey_Straight_Armbars_Cat_Zingano_UFC_184/10003275

then it's clear how she made a rookie grappling mistake, leaving her arm out there trying to grab ronda's neck? wtf? was that all about? she didn't try to turtle up or drive to grab the single when ronda's leg was available for grabbing.
    (not sure the outcome would be different... but the fact that most of these girls are 10 levels below ronda's judo plays a huge difference, imo)