The official UFC/MMA thread...

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by BMISS, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Damn, that's amazing

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. For that price I had to jump on it, I really didn't wanna get regular arena seats because they're basically just yellow hard seats that really become a pain in the ass if you're planning on staying and watching the whole event. The club seats were really nice and comfortable, I didn't wanna move the whole time.

3. Can wait to see Diaz back in the ring

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Diaz all about that check now. I don't think he's got that champion drive in him anymore.

Sent from cloud 9

5. I don't want to see Nick or Anderson lose!
    I also can't get over how silly this match up is. How can you put the greatest middleweight ever, who destroys lhws, against a guy who couldn't capture the belt at 170?
    I love me some Diaz fighting, but not like this!

And then say this win justifies a title shot against a man who beat you twice in a row.
    Shiiiiit

6. i think people are sleeping on tomorrows card. I don't think the views/sales will be as high as they should be because i'm confident it will be a great event. Some of the guys in prelims are relatively unknown but they're up and comers will great potential. Guys like Taisumov, Krylov, Nedkov, Tumenov and Musoke. Some have had their setbacks but most are good exciting fighters. I'm sad i'm going to miss Beal vs Seery too because i predict a barn burner.

I don't even have to talk about the main event. With the exception of maybe Davis vs Bader those fights should all be exciting as well.

7. Good first fight to start off UFC on Fox 14, hoping to see a brutal KO next from one of these heavyweights.

8. It must really suck when they're announcing the winner and you know you got knocked out but just came back to your senses and then you hear "THE WINNER BY KNOCKOUT"....
    I'd feel pretty shitty.

9. YES. I'm glad Taisumov was able to show what he's able to do that fight. I've been impressed with him since his debut and even though he had a setback in his 2nd fight in the octagon (it was a strange fight) he's back on track to where i want to see him. Great performance, he just outclassed his opponent. 

10. Corassani got laid the fuck out. That's some serious power. Too bad Sicila can't consistently do that. I think he's one of those guys who consistently relies on his power and tries for the one punch ko. If he worked on putting less power into his punches and threw them with more consistency in combos he would have much better success. Even at 75% power those punches would pack a wallop. 

11. Finally back home, I'm glad I'm back for the next 3 fights cuz I definitely didn't wanna miss em.

12. Davis "i'm the best grappler @ lhw"

lolololololololol

Jones Montana would wreck you the way you are right now anyways Davis so don't feel too bad.

13. Was nice to see Bader win I thought he had it 2 rounds anyways, hoping Mousasi lights Henderson up.

14. mmmmmmmm...hard to say but i don't think that was a terrible stoppage. When Hendo got punched again against the fence his grip on Gegards ankles loosened meaning he temporarily went out again, and Gegard could have kept hitting him but he felt the ref push him and at that same time Hendo regained his senses and just hung on to his ankles. That along with the push from the ref was what caused Gegard to fall back. At least that's how i saw it.

I know people like Hendo, i do too, but i don't think that warranted boos. Chances are Gegard had that one won anyways but who knows Hendo is one of the most durable guys in the sport so it's hard to say but age is catching up to him also.

15. Glad Henderson lost, thought it was a good stoppage and happy to see Mousasi get the win regardless

16. shit man. i knew i was gonna hate watching that fight because i'm a big fan of both Gus and AJ. Still though this is the man. Nobody has ever done that to Gus. Not even Jones did that to Gus. He hits so fucken hard. Jones Montana this might be the one, i wonder what he's feeling right now haha

17. Fantastic for Johnson, couldn't be happier for him. Didn't know who to go with but deep down wanted Johnson to win.

18. All my picks lost lmao, I figured they would but still, poor Henderson and Guss.

I hope Johnson smashes Jones nose in so he can't sniff anymore coke.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. ...and the Moose gets another W. I hope they give him a top 5 guy, hes young and very talented, and very technical. I think he deserves a top 5 ranking, maybe a rematch with Jacare.
    I love the 'jones montana' nick name, who came up with that? clever fucker.

20. Gegard should fight either Yoel or Tim Kennedy