The official UFC/MMA thread...

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by BMISS, Oct 15, 2008.

1. You lookin to get in a cage? I've been thinkin bout it pretty hard. Do some Amy boxing back in the day. Would love to try MMA! Got a local promotion in mind too. That always helps! Hah

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

2. If anyone else posts some shadow boxing videos that would be great. 

3. #26964 smokinbudzzz, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2014
    gjgj

Edson has ok footwork but it's not an emphasis like with Dillashaw for example or Mighty Mouse. Granted those guys are lighter but you get what i mean. Muay thai is good for really explosive fighters like Barboza is a great example of that. Also if you have good kicking techniques and can generate good power without having to wind up like Cerrone.

5. Man that was a wicked fight tonight. I really didn't like how jds was going for those body shots though since he was wide open for the counters to the head but stripe didn't capitalize on it. 

6. My man machida is gonna body dolla this weekend.

7. #26969 well highdrated, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2014
    ufc should do something about those fucking gloves. the eye pokes are getting ridiculous. 

... or start giving out penalty points on the spot... it's not that hard to keep your hand closed. you only need your hands open when grappling or in the clinch. most eye pokes happen from a distance. 

8. Alot of people use and open hand to block or parry and incoming strike... Although I agree the eye gouging is ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Next few events have got me amped

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

majority of these eye pokes happen when someone steps in with an open handed jab or some sort of jab-like strike.

i think considering that it can lead to very serious damage... and it happens so often, making sure a fighter has their hand closed when jabbing (especially from a distance) is like enforcing the "back of the head" rule. yeah, it *may* make some things like parrying a little more difficult. but at what cost? what do we need to see an eye on someone's finger? ..

they always talk about safety of the fighters. and nothing is done about it. although happens a lot. i guess it's hard to design the right glove, but a little more thought should be put into this.  all we hear is joe rogan saying it was unintentional every single time and then moving on to bash ufc for having those "fucking gloves". 

of course it can lead to serious injury. it has in the past i believe. i always said they should penalize fighters who like to keep sticking their open hand in their opponents face. sometimes it can be instinct and thats ok but some use it over and over intentionally as a strategy like bitch ass Jon Jones.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Broken rib? Haha Jesus

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Jon Jones is notorious for that.

yeah, he should have his hands taped and learn how to use a jab.
    he did say that he uses the technique... 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2158980-jon-jones-on-eye-pokes-i-dont-believe-its-dirty

15. why are you fuckers hating on Jones so bad? if you were hes age, had hes money and talent how would you act? sure hes a prick a lot of the times, but hes still a human being, I dont think hes a bad person. People grow, I guess I think you guys should keep an open mind. I can honestly say that if I was in hes shoes id probably be an even bigger asshole and just tell everyone off.  Besides this is the UFC, not facebook, hes not out to win a popularity contest with who has more 'friends', hes a great athlete and puts on way better fights that some of the other champs, who fights 2-3 times in 2 years, and get 'injured' during training on regular basis, like *cough**cough**pettis*cough*cough*. You can hate on Jones all you want, but you know youre going to be watching that DC fight. Im not on Jon's dick and am actually rooting for DC, I just think that its called ultimate fighting championship, not ultimate facebook championship..
    sorry for ranting /rant.

ps GO DC.

• Like Like x 1
  16. #26978 Rotties4Ever, Dec 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2014
    Kos is fighting Juggernaut in feb should be a great match up. Also Rashad is fighting Glover, another great match up, Im glad UFC is finally making fights I want to see. I just hope no one gets injured.

I can't wait for that fight, a very interesting match up of styles.  I hope Cormier slams him on his head. 

18. a good highlight vid of both fighters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sFGMm30nlE

Daniel's strengh is un parallel,  I hope he man handles Jones. If he slams heavyweight guys like they were feather, he might send Jones flying. Olympic wrestler who trains with Cain on regular basis and he has veteran experience. I hope this plays out the way I predict, would be so awesome to see DC as champ.