The official UFC/MMA thread...

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by BMISS, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Anyone going to any of the fights? Bought my Jones-DC and Weidman-Belfort tix today gonna be a good run of main events

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'll be at UFC Fight Night: McGregor vs Siver but other than that that's pretty much it for me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I've always been and will be a diaz fan (both of them) but god damn is it hard to listen to them answer questions.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lmao I know, I feel embarrassed for them sometimes lol.

Man this Wiman vs Valle Flagg fight is a war

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  5. Weak fight by Barboza

6. Frankie relentless with the takedowns. gaddamn

7. #26927 tonyhimselff, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2014
    Not my kind of fight.

Frankie is fighting safe and it's just sad

All of a sudden Frankie is the new GSP

8. He was fighting smart

9. It is mma, and if takedowns are one of Frankie's best assets it'd be foolish to not put them to use, seeing as how Cub apparently had no answer. I assume Mcgregor gets the next shot right? No way they give it to Frankie, and from what I've been reading people seem to want to match him up with either Lamas or Mendes. Either way a Mcgregor vs. Aldo fight would be nuts!

Also, xSadrulesx, you live right by me! 714 area as well.

10. Fighting safe, fighting smart.... AND got the finish.

---
    Sent from my brain, to yours... through space.

11. anyone know of any streams for tonight's event????

12. Bummed Gil lost :(

Pettis is slick. 

I'm a fan of both guys though and I can wait to watch either of them fight again.

Now for this main event  :devious:

13. Hendricks got what he deserved. We don't need another GSP for a champion.

I don't agree with the ref that gave Robbie 4 rounds the way i had it was 

Robbie - Rounds 1 & 5
    Hendricks - Rounds 2 & 3

The round that was up in the air for me was round 4

14. Hendrix is nothin like GSP lol wish I could have caught the fights last night though. My dudes won :smoke:

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. #26935 JetxLife86, Dec 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2014
    What a main event...dudes were landing shots, but I agree with the decision.

Pettis vs Aldo at 155 would be such a mega fight...hope Dana makes it.

Oh and CM Punk signs multi fight deal is quite interesting. Wonder what he has in store training with the Gracie's...

Holding guys to get a decision win? Yeah that sounds like GSP to me.

I don't care if you use your superior wrestling skills but do something with it motherfucker.

He was just holding Robbie up against the fence, tucking his head, for minutes at a time. What a bitch. Most of the arena booed his ass. Finally we got 2 judges with some sense.

Pettis has Nurmagomedov to worry about so prob not. Now there's a guy who can use his grappling and still make an entertaining fight. Beast. Aldo will either have to fight McGregor (after his fight, they're really hyping this guy so i expect an early title shot) or Frankie again.

As far as CM Punk that shit seemed so gimmicky to me. Why even announce that shit like that? Just throw his ass in their and if he's any good then hype his fight up. It just seemed like a joke to me. Not saying CM Punk is a joke or that he won't be any good, idk i never even seen this guy in the WWE, but because of the way it was announced it made the whole thing seem lame as fuck.

18. Announcing his signing like that was lame as fuck. Amazing event though

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. Naw i much rather watch a GSP fight then a fight like what Hendricks was doing last night. He was just laying on lawler against the cage lol. Atleast gsp mostly gets the takedowns for the most part and lands some pretty crazy ground and pound plus imo a way more technical striker then Hendricks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. #26940 smokinbudzzz, Dec 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2014
    Gsp PRE knee surgery was a fucking monster who would kill anyone in the WW division still lol.