The official UFC/MMA thread...

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by BMISS, Oct 15, 2008.

1. #26781 T0rnat0, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
    I'm wet right now. It's happening

Edit: That was sick, didn't even land flush and still dropped him guy has power, I believe in the hype. 

2. Fuck

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Conor is for real man. 

4. great night of fights man.

Not too bad

6. Mcgregor pulled through. Fuck yeah.
    Mcgregor vs Swanson (I know he's fighting Edgar, but I like this fight better) and Dillashaw vs. Cruz, on the same card as Jones vs. Cormier!! I'd pay for that in a heartbeat.

7. There really isn't a fight for Mcgregor that makes sense right now. I guess give him the winner of Swanson vs Edgar.

Yeah, they should make him fight the winner of Swanson vs Edgar for title shot. 

9. Conor suprised the hell out of me. Dudes a killer. Very impressed by him. Still think Mendes or Frankie beats him

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. #26791 Chris0817, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2014
    Swanson deserves his shot if he beats Edgar, no way he needs another win assuming he gets past him. If Frankie wins then a #1 contender FS1 fight with Mcgregor would be sick. Idk if Frankie beats Cub as I've seen many people post, but I agree that it's a tough match up.

Anyway, just looking forward to Mcgregor being tested. A wrestler like Chad or Frankie seems adequate, or a technical fighter like Cub.

Do you guys believe he gets past Aldo??

I think he has a legit chance with Aldo, I actually think it would be a better matchup for Conor then Chad would be.

12. Completely agree. If Conor isn't checking those leg kicks though good luck maintaining your movement (we saw what happened to Alvarez) b/c Aldo's kicks are the best in the sport.

And yes, I believe Chad might simply put Conor on his back with a power double. The dude is huge and looks very strong, although we have yet to see Conor's takedown defense. I would like to believe that it is significantly above average, due to the fact that he is lengthy, has good distance management, and can move in and out of the pocket with ease. As he also mentioned he has an 8" reach advantage and I feel that would play a part in stopping Chad's takedowns.

Or, this all nonsense/mma math and I'm simply letting my imagination get the best of me. But man is it fun to think about. Very interesting match up.

13. Conner Mcgregor ....

14. I think Conor vs cub would be a barn burner and would pay top dollar to see it !! Aldo on the other hand I think would beat Conor with his jujitsu just based on Conor's few loses being on the ground and Aldo's solid top game I bet it would be like watching GSP mount someone for 25mins unless Aldo submitted him or one of them landed something big before the takedown .

I'm way to drunk to taste this chicken

15. If Swanson wins he deserves a title shot. Then Frankie vs McGregor or Mendes vs McGregor after Aldo beats him again :D

16. i now hate Connor, for wearing that elephant ivory suit, I hope he gets destroyed in hes next match. Fucking prick.

I don't think suits are made from elephant ivory lol? Maybe he means the color?

18. #26799 Rotties4Ever, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
    its possible youre right, i thought the suit its self - the leather- was elephants.

19. I am super excited to see Gunnar Nelson fight tomorrow, I really think he's technical skills are gonna be too much for Story.