where are you all from and what type of prices/slang/culture you have

Discussion in 'General' started by brian8472, Oct 8, 2003.

1. where Im from when you meet the guy he holds a sack behind his back and you have to guess the weight. If you are close its free

2. #842 Superalan, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2012
    Hi guys! I'm from north of Mexico.

I can't seem to get any premium or good strain around here. Just plain bad tasting-harsh-son-of-a-bitch weed. Full of seeds, stems, and the other day I even found a small bug. So I thought "What the fuck is a bug doing in my weed?", made me paranoid and I started inspecting every spot.

Prices around here...well, honestly they practically sell you what they think it's worth a given amount of money. Let's say that if you got $20 USD with you, then you'll probably be getting about a big bunch that you can grab with both hands, investigating and comparing (because I don't have a weighting instrument) I'd say that $20 USD buys you about 100/150 grs.

Of course, the high is heady but sometimes is in the body, but mellow. It won't last long and you can perfectly do whatever you want to do. I've read about the premium strains and the effects they have, and this doesn't even come closer to them, what a shame, for Mexicans at least.

It's really hard to see buds around here, and when you do, it's weed that was harvested too soon, and it contains just seeds (a sign that every plant around was pollinated by males). Oh, did I say that it really tastes so bad? Too harsh too...

I mean, reading other topics I've found others taste nice and that stuff...

I'm really disappointed, I use weed for medical purposes and/or recreational. I'd really love to try one of those premium strains or whatever that's better than this, which is any...lol.

I think this is all for now, hope you enjoy reading this and have a real good laugh as I did.

Cheers!

3. northern ontario, pop 11k

gino(1g) $10
    a twenty (2g) $20
    hq (3.5g) $30-35
    q (7)- $60-70
    half oz (14)- $100
    ozzy (28) - $200+ on quality

called by all your generic slang names for weed, but mostly 'pot' and 'green'.

we don't get the ~premium strains~ here either. it's mostly good ol no name thats lost its identity on its travels or bush kush. lots of outdoors grown around here and up in the mountains

4. Got bud like these for 15/ gram and waxes like these for 30 a gram all lab tested

Attached Files:

5. NYC - BRONX (for school)

1g - $20
    3.5g - anywhere from $45 - $60
    7g - usually about $95- $105
    Ounce - varies from as cheap as $300 - $400

Anything more than that really depends on the dealer. Prices can range quite radically.

At home, in Westchester, NY , the prices are basically the same, only eighths and quarters are usually more expensive. Never bought more than a quarter back home.

6. Same exact price in northern nj

7. Im in Northeast Arkansas.  We get some good stuff here in from Colorado pretty often.

Kush/diesel etc -$20-35 per gram usually 5 grams for $100

Regular home grown $80-100 per ounce, half an ounce for $50

Rarely dry, usually not hard to find.  The police are more concerned with meth labs here.

8. Man I'm lucky to find a P for 3500 around here and don't know anyone good out of state sucks cause I don't move that yayo but I would like a couple pounds of loud on the way though

9. Out on the East Coast we'll grab the Billy and toke a slice for $50.

10. Toronto (and area)...all types of bud can be found here, prices vary depending who you know.

I'll go low - mid - high end prices

Dime - always gunna be 10 lol
    1/8 - 20-35
    1/4 - 40-60
    1/2 - 70 - 120
    Oz- 140 - 240
    Qp- 550-800
    Hp- 800 - 1500
    P- 1600 - 3000

Those are from what I've been around, haven't seen Schwaggy nip shit in time.

11. Northern Ontario
    Gram = $10
    1/8 (eighth) = $25 usually, $20-30 sometimes
    1/4 (quarter) = $50 usually, soemtimes $60
    1/2 (half oz) = $75 - $120
    Oz = $150 - 200

Eastern Ontario (weed is not quite as good)
    All I know for sure is quarters are called 'quads' and go for $40-50

12. Here in Oregon, it's  pretty much $5 a gram now, if  you can only  afford to buy  by the gram

oz 100 from a grower, $200 from a dispensary

i've even bought top shelf fabulous bud for $50 an oz from a grower

13. You can get pretty good bud for $45=1/8, $80=1/4, $140=1/2, $230=O (thats pretty expensive for an O imo).

Cops are pretty laid back if you are honest and all.

14. Location: Dundee, Scotland

Prices - £10 for 0.9g (a 'ten bit')

Â£25 for a 'half q' (never actually 3.5g, usually between 2.1 and 2.8)

Â£50 for a 'quarter' (usually only weighs up to be about 5.5g)

Â£100 for a legit half oz of okay stuff or about 10g of good stuff

Â£220 for a legit oz of good stuff

I've never bought more than an oz at once so i dunno about the bigger quantities. The smoke we get here is usually pretty damn good, but since it's still totally illegal you can completely disregard everything your dealer says when it comes to quality and potency and just hope for the best. It's been a while since I've gotten shitty weed here (known as 'chink', dealers i know normally call it 'standard' when they're trying to move it). As you can tell from above imperial weights always refer to the price here rather than the actual weight; it's a weird convention and hopefully someone local here can tell me if it's the same for them. 

As far as culture goes I don't really have any experiences with other places to give me any contrast but we very very rarely roll joints here without tobacco (we call pure weed joints 'blunts' here even when they're rolled with normal papers). Bongs and pieces are comparatively rare and joints are prevalent; I'm the only one of a friend group of maybe 20 stoners that owns both. We always roll joints with card filters, which we call roaches, and we also call smoked joint butts roaches too.

Colloquialisms here off the top of my head include 'poach' (something thin and tube-shaped to poke the contents of a joint down with, like the flint from a clipper or a headphone jack), 'sidey' rather than canoe, 'shrapnel' to describe any quantity of weed that has been ground up, and not just the shit at the bottom of the baggy. Me and my friends only ever refer to joints as doobs but i dont think that's normal here. People over 30 tend to refer to any kind of weed as 'hash' even when it's herb or kief. Dealers always call shitty soapbar pollen to try and make it sound more appealing but in 4 years of constant smoking i have never had any solid that's been even close to decent. Also, weed smokers here only use silver Rizla or Swan papers and absolutely nothing else. Ever.

I remember being up visiting a friend in Stornoway and being amazed at the drugs flowing like water, cheaper prices than anywhere else I've ever been in the UK; we're talking £30 for legit quarters of stinky. Given that I'm surprised it's so expensive up there, Orkney's much cheaper than that too at about £10 a gram for good bud

16. America, upstate ny :0)
    Names- loud, dope, moke, ganja, pot
    Prices- 1 gram $10-$20, 1/8 $30-50, ounce $230 ect.... Weed is chill in my life, it's fun adventure. And helps me sleep...

17. Saskatchewan, Canada

Prices are pretty good, you can find someone in yelling distance with $10/g and you can get $5/g of quality stuff if you know the right people.

We don't use a lot of slang around here, its a farming community and everybody is old as fuck. The people that use slang around here are the people you want nothing to do with.

Marijuana use is pretty openly accepted here, at least half of the people I meet smoke weed.

18. Duuuuuuuuuude!!!! I'm from Southern Cali bro! The bud out here is gnarly!! Hang loose!!

hang.jpg

19. USA oklahoma okc
    For kush it's 20 a G 15 with a hookup
    60 a 1/8 going as low as 50
    90-110 a quarter
    170-210 a half
    280-350 for a O

Some decent Reggie that will get you high if smoked in the right way will be
    1 g 5$
    Dime 10$
    Dub 25$
    Half 35 - 45$
    Oz. 60 - 75$

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. Pittsburgh, PA

You guys have some crazy cheap prices. For decent stuff we go for:
    $20 a gram
    50-60 an eighth
    100 a quarter
    180 a half