• Oct 11 2008 04:26 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • Bowman
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 04:26 PM

hey i was just wondering if you could get higher by the way you hit whatever you are smoking. is the ultimate goal just to get as much smoke as possible or is there a secret technique to get the perfect hit? i guess i just see a lot of people hitting bowls different ways?
Replies (13)

• smokin' that cheeba

• chiiba
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 04:31 PM

There really isn't a right or wrong way to hit a bowl. Probably the most efficient way to smoke a bowl would be to "corner" the bowl. This basically involves only lighting the very edge (or "corner") of the weed. This way you don't torch the whole bowl and have lots of excess smoke releasing while you're not sucking in.

Other than that, just clear the chamber after you hit it and hold your hits in for a few seconds. Also, if you do light the whole bowl by accident, just poke the weed a time or 2 with the butt of the lighter and you should be able to snuff out the cherry.

Hope that helped.

• n00b +1

• PipPipPip
  • Raijin
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 04:33 PM

hey i was just wondering if you could get higher by the way you hit whatever you are smoking. is the ultimate goal just to get as much smoke as possible or is there a secret technique to get the perfect hit? i guess i just see a lot of people hitting bowls different ways?

Yes, it's called quartering. Don't hit the whole green at once. Instead, light around the edge of the bowl. You can get 4-5 "green hits" that way. I've gotten as many as 25-30 good hits out of a bowl that way.

sometimes I just burn one spot till it's ash, then gently tap it out and move on.

• Permabaked

• Snooks1!
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 228 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 04:34 PM

Inhale the smoke, hold it in for a few seconds, repeat.

Pretty much all there is to it.

• Banned

• MIC420
  • Banned by Moderators
  • 426 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 04:35 PM

Apply lips to the end of said "bowl" start to apply suction as corner lighting the greenery. After that do work with the carb hole and inhale fresh air. Soon after exhale and repeat process untill happily stoned.

• Native Toker

• IglooBuds
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 04:36 PM

Yes, it's called quartering.

You mean cornering?
  • somekind likes this

• Banned

• MIC420
  • Banned by Moderators
  • 426 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 04:38 PM

You mean cornering?

I call it cornering but can see quartering making sense too..As long as you only intend to get 4 hits of green.
  • somekind likes this

• n00b +1

• PipPipPip
  • Raijin
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 04:42 PM

I call it cornering but can see quartering making sense too..As long as you only intend to get 4 hits of green.

my bowl is deep but smaller round so I only get 4...so I quarter :wave:

• Guest_RAZORsharp_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 11 October 2008 - 04:42 PM

i like to pack snaps ( personal bowls if i am packing for friends) and as always, milk it as dense as possible and clear fast. you dont want to be lurping the water alot... gross sheet in it, and it doesnt taste good

• Guest_hoopzies_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 11 October 2008 - 04:54 PM

when i smoke bowls alone i take really really small hits and get really really high

of course with friends i take as big hits as i could (while cornering though to be courteous)

• Banned

• MIC420
  • Banned by Moderators
  • 426 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 04:57 PM

when i smoke bowls alone i take really really small hits and get really really high

of course with friends i take as big hits as i could (while cornering though to be courteous)

Lol i'm kinda the same way...I'll take real big hits incase the bowl pack doesn't come back my way. However when i blaze in my room i'll pay a small bowl and just enjoy it for a few and pack another.

• /SMOKE\WEED/ALL\DAY/

• SWAD
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 343 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:45 PM

You can put your hand over the bowl head so the bowl goes out when you are not hitting it. If it stays cherried then the smoke just gets lost into the air while you are waiting to take your next rip.

• Pot/Metal Head

• Skald
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:48 PM

Yes, it's called quartering. Don't hit the whole green at once. Instead, light around the edge of the bowl. You can get 4-5 "green hits" that way. I've gotten as many as 25-30 good hits out of a bowl that way.

sometimes I just burn one spot till it's ash, then gently tap it out and move on.

25 hits from 1 bowl? :eek: You must have a ridiculously large bowl, or take very small hits.

• Rolling in My WagOn

• Radio Flyer
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 2,834 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:49 PM

Corner corner corner. Not only does it save green and flavor, but it's just proper smoking etiquette. Learn how to work the carb, and you are pretty much set.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 1999 - 2015 420Network BV | All rights reserved