Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

best way to hit a bowl?

• Please log in to reply

Bowman

Bowman

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hey i was just wondering if you could get higher by the way you hit whatever you are smoking. is the ultimate goal just to get as much smoke as possible or is there a secret technique to get the perfect hit? i guess i just see a lot of people hitting bowls different ways?

chiiba

chiiba

smokin' that cheeba

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,432 posts
There really isn't a right or wrong way to hit a bowl. Probably the most efficient way to smoke a bowl would be to "corner" the bowl. This basically involves only lighting the very edge (or "corner") of the weed. This way you don't torch the whole bowl and have lots of excess smoke releasing while you're not sucking in.

Other than that, just clear the chamber after you hit it and hold your hits in for a few seconds. Also, if you do light the whole bowl by accident, just poke the weed a time or 2 with the butt of the lighter and you should be able to snuff out the cherry.

Hope that helped.

Raijin

Raijin

n00b +1

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

hey i was just wondering if you could get higher by the way you hit whatever you are smoking. is the ultimate goal just to get as much smoke as possible or is there a secret technique to get the perfect hit? i guess i just see a lot of people hitting bowls different ways?

Yes, it's called quartering. Don't hit the whole green at once. Instead, light around the edge of the bowl. You can get 4-5 "green hits" that way. I've gotten as many as 25-30 good hits out of a bowl that way.

sometimes I just burn one spot till it's ash, then gently tap it out and move on.

Snooks1!

Snooks1!

Permabaked

• Registered Upgraded
  • 228 posts
Inhale the smoke, hold it in for a few seconds, repeat.

Pretty much all there is to it.

MIC420

MIC420

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 426 posts
Apply lips to the end of said "bowl" start to apply suction as corner lighting the greenery. After that do work with the carb hole and inhale fresh air. Soon after exhale and repeat process untill happily stoned.

IglooBuds

IglooBuds

Native Toker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,337 posts

Yes, it's called quartering.

You mean cornering?
  • somekind likes this

MIC420

MIC420

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 426 posts

You mean cornering?

I call it cornering but can see quartering making sense too..As long as you only intend to get 4 hits of green.
  • somekind likes this

Raijin

Raijin

n00b +1

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

I call it cornering but can see quartering making sense too..As long as you only intend to get 4 hits of green.

my bowl is deep but smaller round so I only get 4...so I quarter :wave:

Guest_RAZORsharp_*

Guest_RAZORsharp_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
i like to pack snaps ( personal bowls if i am packing for friends) and as always, milk it as dense as possible and clear fast. you dont want to be lurping the water alot... gross sheet in it, and it doesnt taste good

Guest_hoopzies_*

Guest_hoopzies_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
when i smoke bowls alone i take really really small hits and get really really high

of course with friends i take as big hits as i could (while cornering though to be courteous)

MIC420

MIC420

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 426 posts

when i smoke bowls alone i take really really small hits and get really really high

of course with friends i take as big hits as i could (while cornering though to be courteous)

Lol i'm kinda the same way...I'll take real big hits incase the bowl pack doesn't come back my way. However when i blaze in my room i'll pay a small bowl and just enjoy it for a few and pack another.

SWAD

SWAD

/SMOKE\WEED/ALL\DAY/

• Registered Upgraded
  • 343 posts
You can put your hand over the bowl head so the bowl goes out when you are not hitting it. If it stays cherried then the smoke just gets lost into the air while you are waiting to take your next rip.

Skald

Skald

Pot/Metal Head

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,355 posts

Yes, it's called quartering. Don't hit the whole green at once. Instead, light around the edge of the bowl. You can get 4-5 "green hits" that way. I've gotten as many as 25-30 good hits out of a bowl that way.

sometimes I just burn one spot till it's ash, then gently tap it out and move on.

25 hits from 1 bowl? :eek: You must have a ridiculously large bowl, or take very small hits.

Radio Flyer

Radio Flyer

Rolling in My WagOn

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,834 posts
Corner corner corner. Not only does it save green and flavor, but it's just proper smoking etiquette. Learn how to work the carb, and you are pretty much set.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users