Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Where does your marijuana come from?

• Please log in to reply

amsterdamage

amsterdamage

Debate, Demand, Legalize!

• Old School
  • 5,114 posts
This is freakin' unbelievable!

This guy gets 2 1/2 years for building a drug tunnel into the U.S. and for the possession of 1,000 pounds with the intent to distribute, while cancer patients get longer than that for growing a freakin' plant!!

Where's the fucking justice???

A Mexican man has been sentenced to 2 1/2 years in federal prison for his role in a secret tunnel that was used to smuggle marijuana across the border to the United States.

Antonio Morales Barrios told a federal judge Monday in San Diego that he regretted his actions. He will also lose his legal residency.

Prosecutors say the 41-year-old was the caretaker of a home in downtown Calexico that housed a tunnel used to smuggle drugs from Mexico to California.

Morales pleaded guilty in May to possession of more than 1,000 pounds of marijuana with intent to distribute.

The tunnel discovered in September 2006 is one of at least 60 found along the U.S.-Mexico border since 2001.

Edited by amsterdamage, 08 October 2008 - 10:24 PM.
link stopped working

Similar Topics: Where does your marijuana come from?     x

frogy

frogy

Wo bin ich?

• Bronze Member
  • 311 posts

Bank404

Bank404

Loud Steps

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,643 posts
He snitched bra that's where the justice was.

MajorStoner

MajorStoner

a friend of Errl

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,297 posts
Hm, I wonder if they got the idea from Weeds or if Weeds based that on an actual event.

janedough

janedough

.-- . . -..

• Gold Member
  • 46,884 posts

lessismore

lessismore

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 3,339 posts
This has been a common practice in the Southwest. 1000 lbs is a level 28 offense under the Sentencing Guidelines. Since he plead guilty they probably dropped any enahancements for importation, as well as gave him a reduction for acceptence and responsibility of the violation. It is a 5 - 6.5 yr sentence, however if he agreed not to fight deportation they probably reduced his sentence. This happens often in the Federal Court System b/c of over crowding and the costs of incaceration. So if he agreed to do his 2 yrs and then be deported upon release, they will often cut the sentence in half.

less

Gadgeteer99

Gadgeteer99

• Registered Upgraded
  • 341 posts
I wonder if any of the tunnels ever accidentally run into each other?

OldSkool1010

OldSkool1010

Registered Gardener

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,741 posts

This is freakin' unbelievable!

This guy gets 2 1/2 years for building a drug tunnel into the U.S. and for the possession of 1,000 pounds with the intent to distribute, while cancer patients get longer than that for growing a freakin' plant!!

When they say that "justice is blind" they forgot to mention it is also a whore.

Guest_pbguy1991_*

Guest_pbguy1991_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
snitched. and he is loosing his greencard soo now he's real fucked. but yeah he need more time in jail for sure.

Crippler SD

Crippler SD

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I know where my weed comes from.

Nowhere. :confused:

chillax

chillax

Former Mod. Old School Blade. Infrequent Visitor.

• Old School
  • 2,796 posts

He snitched bra that's where the justice was.

Exactly. He made a deal, gave a TON of names and information.

mbcoder

mbcoder

• Registered Upgraded
  • 178 posts

yeah, your right. There is no way you could get that low of sentence for that with out telling someone about someone.

:smoke:

Lacan

Lacan

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 662 posts
Although two years from now we'll have completely forgotten this entire incident, I would not be surprised if he was killed in prison, or shortly there-after returning to Mexico. Two reasons why I say this:

1. 2.5 years is obviously ridiculous
2. It has to be ridiculous for a reason
3. Mexican Drug Cartels don't take chances, and don't play games, and consequently have no respect for human life.
/:. Therefore: I believe he will die.
  • amsterdamage likes this

amsterdamage

amsterdamage

Debate, Demand, Legalize!

• Old School
  • 5,114 posts
I just read that the cartels are setting up in Utah and dismembering people in Georgia.

When they've established themselves properly here the violence will resemble the days of the alcohol prohibition and what we currently see in Mexico.

As John Walters is now saying he favors decriminalizing all drugs in Mexico, this level of violence may force him to favor the same policy here...

overgrowray

overgrowray

Thread Killa

• Old School
  • 7,561 posts
i used to get pot that came from mexico through a tunnel. it was a nice hook up but i think it got busted or something. Its been 6 months sinse i've heard from them people.

masterofthebong

masterofthebong

• Registered Upgraded
  • 202 posts
i love to take a few bong rips and kick back to watch weeds

Stoney_McPot

Stoney_McPot

• Registered Upgraded
  • 238 posts

Yup my thoughts exactly I know he told on his plug , the people he had selling for him.
Damn , If ur gonna do the crime be prepared to do the time .

XIX

XIX

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
I WISH i knew where my grass grew. I'm so far down the line it sucks ballz!

ProfessorX

ProfessorX

TokeTheDro

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,743 posts
Coffeeshop :D
  • amsterdamage likes this

jzchillin

jzchillin

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,337 posts

No shit, I served more than that over a couple of o's and and scales in a car and lost my car on top of that.

If i wasn't an American I could live off of welfare, have free insurance, work under the table tax free and sell mass amounts of drugs. If I get caught, well shit, guess I have to serve a couple yrs and get a free ticket home.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users