Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by marcusclarkus, Oct 5, 2008.

1. That is extremely dope.

http://www.bongspirit.com/bong/

Go to that website, and order one of those, it's like a two-for-one deal. I've been wanting to try it out for quite some time.

2. idk about bong vodka. the price of a bottle of vodka that can also double as a bong if you have tools is already double what he paid, its like $40-50. plus you still have to buy all the pieces if you dont have a dremmel and tungsten carbide pieces lying around. idk about you but i would rather buy a cheap glass vase for $6.

3. Whoa, those look sick. I'd have to see how the top looks though with the cap off.

If you actually want the vodka then it's a good deal. I don't drink that much though and when I do I don't spend that much on alcohol.

4. The difference is that production glassware is made out of pyrex or borosilicate glass, which is more resistant to rapid temperature change and breaking in general.

5. damn that looks real legit for a home made. nice.......:hello:

6. Haha I can't tell you how many thin bases I have broke trying to do this... Especially with my homemade diffuser... It became difficult.

Very nice homemade piece +Rep!!

7. #27 marcusclarkus, Oct 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2008
    I've yet to see a noticeable difference. I am careful though when cleaning it not to switch the water temperature rapidly. It's funny though that of the two bongs I've made the only things that have broken on them were the diffuser on the first and the bowl on this one. Both parts that were production glassware. Not that I don't believe you though that RooR, Illapelph, and others use higher quality glass than HomeGoods.

8. very nicely done :cool: :smoking: :cool:

9. BUMP! This thread is awesome +REP!

10. thats pretty nice for homemade

but to be honest $20 in supplies plus you gotta have all those tools, which most of us dont... you can buy a decent plain old glass bong for about $30 im sure.

but if i had the tools i would make my own, but try to cut the cost even lower lol cause im broke

11. Thanks for the guide, that's pretty sick.

12. Damn man nicely done, i'd say thats the best homemade i've ever seen!:hello:

13. dooood.......i have tht EXACT same lighter from the first pic, ive had it for a while......
    and also, ive made homemades outta plastic liquor bottles but ive wanted to make a glass 1 for a while, i need to get the diffy and bowl and a drillbit.......i really like the shape of the vase u found, but heres wat ima make it outta theres a pic of the lighter there too lol
    +rep
    [​IMG]

14. Right On! I worked at Pier 1 for awhile and thought of doing that to a lot of the vases. They had some that where like 4 feet high.

15. I've done this before w/ a vase from Wal-Mart that looked very nice and hit very well.
    As was mentioned, you need to be very careful when cleaning it and changing the water. Hot water and probably icy water can crack this glass very quickly.

I'd also add that the same $8 can actually buy you a drill bit made specifically for cutting a large hole in glass :p. The bit looks like it has a sharp little spade at the end, get one in the size you want and it's a snap to use, no cracks or chips or anything.

16. why didn't you use a rubber gasket????! or is there a clear one you can't really see or am i really high?

17. I just glued it in place since I have no reason to remove the diffuser and it would be a bitch to get the gasket fitting perfectly airtight.

18. Major props man.. That's some sick ingenuity.. Way to up the creativity of the human race!
    +rep

19. $20 for a diffused glass on glass bong vs $30 shitty bong?

20. that's very good, man. It probably isn't the same as professional GonG tubes, but I think it would work very well.

To anyone worried about the epoxy releasing vapors, you can add an ashcatcher... I have a dremel, tungsten carbide bits, drills, ect. :), so I will try this out sometime for sure, when I get some time.