Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

How Many times can you Top a plant?

• Please log in to reply

Serious Eric

Serious Eric

• Users Awaiting Validation
  • 302 posts
Hey everyone i havent posted in a while... ive missed yall. About a year ago, i found alink on this forum to blog of some guy who experimented with topping... i think he was trying ot see how many times he could top a plant. Ive tried searching many times and i havent found that journal. Can anyone help?

Im thinking about doing a combination of LST and Topping for a veg period of four months... I cannot let the plants get too tall, so teh bushier the better. I think instead of getting nutes or ferts im going to get some grade A compost soil and mix it with some natural topsoil and vermiculite with small layer of gravel on the bottom and top. anyways, thanx for the help

Similar Topics: How Many times can you Top a plant?     x

experimentalist

experimentalist

Growing On The Square

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,684 posts
Check out the sticky thread "Fimming and Topping" in Absoulte Beginners.

I think you can top a plant twice.. never done it, only top once myself.

~Experimentalist

DopeyMcSmoker

DopeyMcSmoker

Registered Grower

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,157 posts
I have a clone that was topped twice to make 4 main colas, and 2 of the side branches caught up and are keeping up. Theoretically, you can top as many times as you can handle... That being said, in 4 months I'd bet you can top it as many as 12-15 times, maybe more. I am not recommending this with a plant from seed, as it's a lot of stress. But you could do it if you have enough time and growspace. Also remember that it will take a longer time to flower a bigger girl, so take that into consideration too. Best of luck.
Peace
DM

rigormortis

rigormortis

The Urban Farmer

• Registered Upgraded
  • 852 posts
I've topped my plants 4 times already I plan on topping it more too..
to answer your question you can top your plant as many times as you want

twajrock

twajrock

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I've topped my plants 4 times already I plan on topping it more too..
to answer your question you can top your plant as many times as you want

i top all the way until flower i have had no problems at all.... i only have used clones though.... seedlings are in the future to come... muhahahaha

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users