Here's a very very quick how to... i'll make a more official one tomorrow at work:
1) Purchase any FTA (free to air) box. You can find hundreds on ebay. I personally went with Viewsat. From FTA forums, the consensus is that they're the best. Boxes range in price from 75 dollars up to 450ish... depending on what you want in your box (HD, DVR, etc...)
2) Purchase a satellite. Make sure that the LNB is linear. My satellite is a D|R3CT\/ one and it works fine. You can also purchase a dish 500 or dish 1000 on ebay for around 50 dollars.
3) Once the dish and box arrives, go to THIS SITE and type in your addres. On the drop down below the address bar, select your satellite. I am using Echostar 7. The website tells you which direction to place your satellite as well as how to angle it.
4) Run a coax from the LNB to the FTA box, then connect the FTA box to your TV.
5) Find a website (There are dozens) that contain the key files. I'm not going to list where i get mine because when too many people are on the site, the make you queue the files.
6) Once you find the key file for your box model, place it on a thumb drive. Plug the thumb drive into your FTA box. Go into the box's menu and update the software with the file on your thumb drive.
7) Go into the antenna settings & tell the box which satellite you're aiming your dish at. There are a couple more options on this page that differ from person to person depending on which satellite you're aiming at.
8) Once your antenna settings are all set up, run a blind scan for channels.
9) Sit back for about 10-15 minutes and watch the channels appear.
10) Turn to Spice channel and :fap: away!