Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Guide: Don't Get Busted!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Ms.NatureFaerie, Sep 24, 2008.

1. You can certainly disagree for your case, but this information is not global or standard. I have lived in many places where they came in regardless of whether you knew or not. I have received some notice in certain situations, but even then it was just "In the next couple of weeks we are doing filter changes, etc". No exact dates or times. I feel its better to be safe rather than sorry. Of course you should read your lease, but there is still no reason to leave your weed and pipes laying around everywhere.

2. Well said. I learned this from those flex your rights videos. Same goes with a car, get out and LOCK THAT bitch!

3. That's some crazy shit. Do you live in the US? That's probably where the difference is right there. I'm fairly certain the law is universal all across Canada, but I know for a fact that it at least is the law in Ontario. I made sure to re-read my lease 20 times over before I even signed it and it did state that they gotta give 24 hours notice at the very least and gain our permission (unless it was for repairs, which they just had to give 24 hours). Any other notice we get, it lists the specific times and dates they will be coming into our apartment. For example, we just got a notice today saying they will be inspecting the balcony's Thursday, September 25 between 8-5. So we always know the exact date and timeframe they will be in our place at.

That's crazy you don't have a law like that in the US to protect you against that stuff. :(

4. Yep, I live in the US and yeah it does suck lol. I would love for it to be a law but it isn't I haven't had any problems at my new place so far though. In fact, i'm going to re-read my lease and see if I can find anything lol.

5. #25 Bank404, Sep 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2008
    yea alot of people dont know that,

they get fucked over on that show.

6. you should because as far as i'm aware it is statutory to have a clause in your lease which states that the owner, his agent or his representatives have to give you at least 24 hours written notice to enter the property - except in the case of an emergency - and if your doesnt then it damn well should

you cant just barge in un-announced to a property just because "air filters" need replacing - what if you're in the middle of your monthly gimp party :eek:

7. You forgot one major thing....A police officer has a right to search a person in which they are detaining simply for the 'protection' of said officer. They have the right to search you PERSONALLY for "Weapons". If you are smoking from a pipe tuck that shit in the car.

They can pull you out and search YOU but without alot more circumstancal evidence they don't have the right to search your car. If they ask say "No I do NOT consent to a search of either myself or my car!" Say it many times. Loud enough for perhaps people around to hear if possible. If they are able to legally search you (which they will be sure to tell you they have the right to) say No you cannot search me or that.

Point is: They are cops...Fuckin pricks, If they have the right to search you they will. If they are telling you they have the right, Say no anyway. Worst case senario you look like and idiot and they do it anyway. But at least you covered your bases.

After they have nothing on you, They will try to get you to hang around to see if they can get you to slip up. Ask them directly "Are you arresting me?" If they say no, Follow up with "Am I free to go?"

Most of their cases come from someone fucking up. If your with your friends immediately tell everyone not to say a god damn word. Your responses should be robotic. If they ask what you guys are doing tonight, You don't have to answer...Its a public road and you have the right to be there and the privacy to your business. Usuallly this will piss them off though its best to just say something to the effect of Just crusin with some friends.

Sorry that was so long...I fuckin hate cops. Only thing I hate worse than a cop, Is a cop trying to take advantage of someone ignorance.

8. I hate cops too, well most. I have met a few decent ones..
    Call me crazy but I kind of actually want to get pulled over now while I'm smoking with some friends just so I can piss the cop off, refuse a search and get away with it.
    Nothing would be better than a badass story of standing up to a cop while blazed and driving away!